PDA

View Full Version : 6' 9", 223 lb. Big East Power Forward Transfer Hits the Market

SLOZag
05-24-2013, 01:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/depaul-grants-kirk-permission-seek-202731641--ncaab.html

"DePaul says it has granted forward Donnavan Kirk permission to seek a transfer. The school made the announcement on Friday.

"Kirk transferred to DePaul in January 2011 from Miami (Fla.) and played in 54 games for the Blue Demons. He averaged 6.3 points and 3.9 rebounds last season. Kirk is scheduled to graduate this summer."

bostonzagfan
05-24-2013, 01:19 PM
we could use him for depth purposes at the least. i guess staff knows best if edwards or miekle can step in right away. if they don't think so then I would guess gu is seeing if any of these types of transfers are interested.

75Zag
05-24-2013, 02:47 PM
So far, this NCAA "graduate transfer" rule seems to be allowing plenty of kids to move from a school which no longer needs or wants their services - for whatever reason - to a school where the winter sunshine is warm, the girls are beautiful and the bikinis are small.

Perhaps it is sour grapes on my part since GU has neither warm winter sunshine nor small bikinis (but has always had beautiful women including the lovely Mrs. '75), but I don't see that this new graduate transfer rule is advancing the purity of amateur athletics that the NCAA basketball program supposedly represents. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha - Just Kidding!

Go Bulldogs!

CarolinaZagFan
05-24-2013, 04:04 PM
I'd rather take Robert Sampson (Ralph's youngest son) from ECU over that guy.

SLOZag
05-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I'd rather take Robert Sampson (Ralph's youngest son) from ECU over that guy.

Couldn't agree more. Do you have him on speed dial?

duper
05-24-2013, 05:03 PM
This guy could challenge for a starting spot or provide depth with experience. 50 blocks a game is pretty good.

75Zag
05-24-2013, 05:21 PM
This guy could challenge for a starting spot or provide depth with experience. 50 blocks a game is pretty good.

I would take him even if his average drops to 49 blocks per game. But, like my dreams of supermodels, I think there is something wrong with this picture.

Go Bulldogs!

doctorzag
05-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Sampson would be a huge addition. Great rebounder and shot blocker. Wonder which schools he`s looking at?

zag67
05-25-2013, 09:56 AM
I know that our recruiting this year does not look super, but I still believe that our staff is working to bring someone in. Either transfer, recruit, or Euro.

And even if we do not find one for this year, we will end up seeing a 3 or 4 guard offense that will be better than many of us think they can be. We have Pangos, Stockton, Bell, Coleman, Dranginnis(?), Barham, and Nunez. Yes, it is small ball, but if they rebound and box out, they can cause some caos. I think that they can play with Dower or PK to make it happen. Also near the end of the game (if no foul trouble for the bigs), we can go with our bigger lineup.

jazzdelmar
05-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I know that our recruiting this year does not look super, but I still believe that our staff is working to bring someone in. Either transfer, recruit, or Euro.

And even if we do not find one for this year, we will end up seeing a 3 or 4 guard offense that will be better than many of us think they can be. We have Pangos, Stockton, Bell, Coleman, Dranginnis(?), Barham, and Nunez. Yes, it is small ball, but if they rebound and box out, they can cause some caos. I think that they can play with Dower or PK to make it happen. Also near the end of the game (if no foul trouble for the bigs), we can go with our bigger lineup.

Maybe, but the guard corps is pretty uneven with respect to ability, at least so far. Just names won't do it. When Nova had their very successful four guard O a few yrs back three were nba quality and Nardi was darn good. KD, Barham and Nunez are largely unproven, DS is limited, GB is an enigma; so KP and Coleman are the only proven performers.

bartruff1
05-25-2013, 11:04 AM

I think it would be very entertaining to watch and even more fun to play...

doctorzag
05-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Looks like Kirk is headed back to Miami.

KStyles
05-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Visiting Colorado State today. Apparently down to CSU & Miami.

He’ll start the recruiting process with a visit to CSU on Friday, and has the Rams among his leading contenders.

Colorado State University and a possible return to Miami are Kirk’s leaders for the moment.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20130530/SPORTS0202/305300049

DixieZag
05-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Eustachy is going to make Colorado State a formidable program into the future. There was never any doubt that he could coach. When he was hired at CSU, he said that he saw no reason that they couldn't become. . . another Gonzaga.

jazzdelmar
05-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Eustachy is going to make Colorado State a formidable program into the future. There was never any doubt that he could coach. When he was hired at CSU, he said that he saw no reason that they couldn't become. . . another Gonzaga.

MWC is getting tougher with Boise and CO State emerging and SDSU, Vegas and New Mexico all top 20-25 programs. Don't sleep on Fresno either.

DixieZag
05-31-2013, 11:22 AM
MWC is getting tougher with Boise and CO State emerging and SDSU, Vegas and New Mexico all top 20-25 programs. Don't sleep on Fresno either.

True. A lot of parity in those programs. With the exception of San Diego, the thing that each of those programs has in common is that they are in mid-size cities (Fresno, Reno, LV, Albequrque, Boise, Ft. Collins, Colorado Springs etc) where there is no pro team and the school's athletic department becomes the object of civic pride. Lots of money, lots of passion and they better keep moving forward or be left behind.

jazzdelmar
05-31-2013, 01:20 PM
True. A lot of parity in those programs. With the exception of San Diego, the thing that each of those programs has in common is that they are in mid-size cities (Fresno, Reno, LV, Albequrque, Boise, Ft. Collins, Colorado Springs etc) where there is no pro team and the school's athletic department becomes the object of civic pride. Lots of money, lots of passion and they better keep moving forward or be left behind.

Not exactly phi beta kappa type schools either, save for the falcons. Should be rebranded the "transfer conference." Lots of comings and goings, like bus depots.