PDA

View Full Version : Ammo at Nets workout

ID ZAGFAN
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/adam-morrison-looks-great-everyone-182021912.html;_ylt=Aq4SLQeS8C_eNAP0H965Eq28vLYF

As you can probably gather from the backdrop and the small forward's threads, Morrison spent the morning being put through his paces by the Brooklyn Nets as part of a three-day workout for free agents looking to catch on with an NBA club next season, including fellow former NBA draft picks Hilton Armstrong, David Harrison, Darington Hobson, Jermaine Taylor, Al Thornton and Julian Wright. It's unlikely that a couple of good days against Julian Wright will necessarily make anyone think Morrison's the next Larry Bird again, but considering he hasn't seen NBA action in more than two years and his overseas stints with Red Star Belgrade and Besiktas Milangaz didn't exactly send his stock skyrocketing, workouts like this probably represent just about his only shot of getting a serious sniff from NBA front offices in advance of Summer League or pre-training camp workouts.
I think I speak for everyone who likes things that are great when I share my earnest hopes that Morrison will show out in these workouts, get Billy King interested enough to offer him a veteran's minimum contract (or at least keep his number on file for a 10-day deal) and make a successful and triumphant return to the NBA sooner rather than later. The NBA world's a better place when Adam Morrison's ridiculous hair and face and facial hair are regular parts of it.

He is not on the list of 44 players (Elias and Delly are) not sure what's up with that.

ZaGranny

KStyles
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
He is not on the list of 44 players (Elias and Delly are) not sure what's up with that.

I think that might've been a recap of last year's workout. The linked article is dated May 21, 2012.

ID ZAGFAN
05-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I think that might've been a recap of last year's workout. The linked article is dated May 21, 2012.

Oops--you're right. It came up as a new article in my google search.

ZaGranny