PDA

View Full Version : Guy Landry Edi Story

ZagNative
05-21-2013, 03:52 PM
This is a translated story in basketme.com (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.basketme.com/noticia.php%3Fid%3D64862&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dguy%2Blandry%2Bedi%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1 366%26bih%3D591%26tbs%3Dqdr:w) about Guy's desire to find a job and play again for the Ivory Coast in FIBA this summer.

Wishing a classy guy the best!

Afrobasket: Guy Landry Edi (Gonzaga) wants to be in summer with Ivory Coast

he Ivorian Guy Landry Edi has proposed three new challenges in the coming months to the end of his career in the NCAA: graduate in May, attracting interest from professional teams and join your team to play the Afrobasket in his native country.
Edi added that "zags have a great future and with the arrival of new players and those who carry insurance that can strengthen your game. Hopefully go further in the tournament next year."

With peers like Kelly Olynyc, Elias Harris, Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell, guard of 1.98 m has seen his playing time dwindle to 18-10 per game, in addition to scoring only 3 points on average in his senior season.

"I will sorely miss the experience at Gonzaga.'ve Had a great career even though this year I have not played as much as before, but I can not complain. When I graduate in May will begin a new chapter in my life and I am very expectantly. these two years with the Zags have been magnificent, but the latter has been very special because the connection we had both on and off the pitch has been incredible. " said.
his summer Ivory Coast will host 20 to August 31 Afrobasket for the second time since 1985, and asked about their intention to represent their country, Edi said it intends to be with the team but first needs to "find a job".

"But playing the Afrobasket 2013 will be very special to be in our country, surrounded by our people and in order to be able to play next year's World Cup in Spain".

The three best teams in the Afrobasket get their 2014 World Cup qualifying.

sittingon50
05-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Nothing but a classy, classy kid.

Nothing but the best, Guy!

Oregonzagnut
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Its amazing how seriously good a basketball player is that sits 3rd string on the Gonzaga bench. Edi is a very good basketball player and a true athlete. He just wasn't as consistent as Hart, Dranginis or Barham down the stretch. Few had to put the best in.

I wish GLE the best!

ZagsZombieNation
05-22-2013, 02:20 PM
I wish Guy nothing but the best in the future and appreciate the positive attitude and energy he continued to bring to Gonzaga even after his playing time dwindled away.