PDA

View Full Version : Mike Hart

ZagZombie
05-21-2013, 02:27 PM
I saw on G. Coleman instagram have a small mention of Mike Hart. Has anyone heard if hes going to play overseas? Something or Nothing?

gcwavy1Long live Mike Hart!! A.K.A.. #KingOfTheHustle #ZagNation..Best of luck Overseas bro..#Salute 💯

KStyles
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Found this searching 'Mike Hart Gonzaga' http://i.imgur.com/hby4UVo.gif

http://i.imgur.com/juzdTCY.png

https://twitter.com/PDXChinooks

Portland Chinooks are in the IBL. http://www.ibl.com/portland_chinooks/

ZagNative
05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Good job, KStyles! Thanks!
Portland Chinooks ‏@PDXChinooks 9h

@JohnCanzanoBFT @750TheGame The Portland Chinooks want to invite you to catch up with Mike Hart at their IBL game Fri. 7pm @ eastmoreland

SLOZag
05-21-2013, 03:21 PM
I saw on G. Coleman instagram have a small mention of Mike Hart. Has anyone heard if hes going to play overseas? Something or Nothing?

gcwavy1Long live Mike Hart!! A.K.A.. #KingOfTheHustle #ZagNation..Best of luck Overseas bro..#Salute ��

And good job, ZagZombie!

Zag 77
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Shnook. :lmao:

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

Birddog
05-21-2013, 05:31 PM
"The University of Gonzaga?"

zagfan24
05-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Man, I already miss that guy.

530ZAG
05-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Man, I already miss that guy.

My thoughts exactly.

gamagin
05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
going to LOVE this kid's game. All the best, Mike !

75Zag
05-22-2013, 08:58 AM
IBL games are cheap and fun. Vancouver Volcanoes are my "home team". Best to Hart, hope to see him play. Here is a link to the league schedule.

http://www.ibl.com/schedule.php

Go Bulldogs!

webspinnre
05-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Anyone know what kind of money players make there? Best wishes to Mike.

gamagin
05-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Anyone know what kind of money players make there? Best wishes to Mike.

I think Hart will treat this like he did the Zag opening: as a step to the next level. If he can. I think he could play overseas. Who knows where else. He never really showed what he can do on offense.

anyway, here's an older D league salary sked: Average NBA D-League Salary. This portland team is classified well beneath the D's, from what I can tell.

According to a 2007 report by National Public Radio, the average NBA D-League salary ranges from $12,000 to $24,000 a season. The report also stated that while NBA players are paid $100 a day for expenses when they are traveling to and from road games, NBA D-League players are paid only $30.00.

MDABE80
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
No way to measure Mike's loss to the Zags. With KO and Elias, it's 33 ppg and 15 boards. With Mike though, no firm measure is possible. Simply put, he did everything to make the team win games.
The joy of watching Mike is gone.........unless there is a way to see his games in the future. As an aside, Mike did all this for GU without anyone really knowing his offensive side. If he brings that along, he'll be a much sought after player....yes even in the NBA. Nobody harasses an offense like Mike.and I don't think it'll matter which league he's in. What he does works at every level.

I wish Mike the very very....most possible best. He deserves his shot. Still in development is Mike but don't think those scouts didn't notice his value. There simply is nobody like him as far as I know.

Oregonzagnut
05-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I think Hart will treat this like he did the Zag opening: as a step to the next level. If he can. I think he could play overseas. Who knows where else. He never really showed what he can do on offense.

anyway, here's an older D league salary sked: Average NBA D-League Salary. This portland team is classified well beneath the D's, from what I can tell.

According to a 2007 report by National Public Radio, the average NBA D-League salary ranges from $12,000 to $24,000 a season. The report also stated that while NBA players are paid $100 a day for expenses when they are traveling to and from road games, NBA D-League players are paid only $30.00.

20K means they have to have another job. I would hope guys can get paid to do promotional appearances, commercials, or any other endeavor they can earn a living off of. Going overseas is the best thing to do financially since there are a lot of Euro teams who pay their stars substantially more than the minimum NBA salary.

But once you go Euro and more-over get a Euro contract, from what I have seen, it is harder to get back into the NBA even if you are NBA ready. Relocating to gamble on a short term stint in the NBA . Staying in the D league means they have a "retainer" on you and it is your quickest avenue into the NBA if anyone gets injured or a guy becomes a star in the D league.

zagfan24
05-22-2013, 01:59 PM
No way to measure Mike's loss to the Zags. Qith KO and Elias, it's 33 ppg and 15 boards. With Mike though, no firm measure is possible. SImply put, he did everything to make the team win games.
The joy of watching Mike is gone.........unless there is a way to see his games. As an aside, Mike did all this for us without knowing his offensive side. If he brings that along, he'll be a much sought after player.yes even in the NBA. Nobody harasses an offense like Mike.and I don't thin it'll matter which league he's in.

I wish Mike the very very....most possible best. He deserves his shot. Still in development is Mike but don't think those scouts didn't notice his value. There simply is nobody like him as far as I know.

I have long believed that role players in college are often better at transitioning into being role players in the NBA. In this vein, I think Mike Hart could contribute at that level. Maybe only 5-10 minutes a game, but his defense, toughness, rebounding, etc. would be valuable to somebody. Almost every championship team has that guy on their roster.

ZagsZombieNation
05-22-2013, 02:15 PM
3.9 rebounds per game does not do Mike Hart justice. While Kelly/Elias grabbed most of the defensive rebounds, Hart gave GU so many more possessions offensively with his rebounding. For the past two years he has been the backbone of this team, and hopefully he inspired the current/future GU players to hustle after every loose ball and work harder than everyone else in practice.

ZagNative
05-24-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm going to be tuned into Mike's first game with the Chinooks tonight.

Portland Chinooks ‏@PDXChinooks

If you can't make it to the game tonight listen to the live feed on http://www.ibl.com/portland_chinooks/

. live video production next home game #gethooked

ID ZAGFAN
05-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Mike Hart played 23 minutes. He had 7 points, 7 rebounds, 4 fouls, 1 assist.

Good first game with the Chinooks.

They play again tonight in Salem at 7. I think it is the same link for the radio.

ZaGranny

MDABE80
05-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Mike's efforts are "hard to quantify but easy to see".......
Good find ZN! How you do it? I dunno but another good find.

ID ZAGFAN
05-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Mike Hart played 32 minutes and had 12 points, 13 rebounds (5 offensive), 6 fouls, 7 assists, 3 TO's, 1 steal. He shot 57.1% FG, 40% 3 pts., 100% FT

Fantastic job in a loss.

ZaGranny

MDABE80
05-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Mike Hart played 32 minutes and had 12 points, 13 rebounds (5 offensive), 6 fouls, 7 assists, 3 TO's, 1 steal. He shot 57.1% FG, 40% 3 pts., 100% FT

Fantastic job in a loss.

ZaGranny

Good job. he'll get noticed if he keeps this up. 6 fouls! It happenes when a kid's this busy.

DixieZag
05-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Seems Mike has exceeded expectations at every level offered - may as well keep challenging him and see if he keeps up. Hall of fame Zag.

That is an amazing stat line 3 assists away from a triple double and over 50% from the field.

MDABE80
05-27-2013, 11:13 AM
http://www.ibl.com/player_profile.php?playerid=1595

maynard g krebs
05-27-2013, 12:00 PM
When Eugene had an IBL team a few years ago, the Register Guard ran a feature story on a player and if memory serves, he made $1300 for the season for about 20 games. That was a few years ago.

A hundred bucks a game is probably a good ballpark figure based on a quick search. Pay mentioned for IBL and similar leagues ranged from $30 to $200 per game.

Basically expense money. These guys are playing to be seen by scouts and to work on their games.

MDABE80
05-27-2013, 12:47 PM
True Maynard. Mike's never disappointed. Even though he did things WE saw, the attention was on the scorers. When SI awarded Mike the GLUE guy for all of college basketball, few took notice. All those scout who came to see Elias, Kelly, etc won't forget when they see Mike again. Memories will be jogged and Mike will get his chance. Look at the NBA or college. Does anyone play like Mike? Nobody I know of. He's ferocious. The scouts will remember.......70% from the field in his first two games.......He keeps that up.......he'll have an audience. Unforgettable.

The Mike Hart Award should be in play for us. FIlms of what the kid did should be part of orientation for all newcombers.

Argentum
05-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Holy Cow! According to the stat link he had 23 rebounds yesterday!

007Zag
05-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Is the end game for these IBL guys a contract in Europe? The NBA is not a reasonable goal for the vast majority of IBL players, right?

thespywhozaggedme
05-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Is the end game for these IBL guys a contract in Europe? The NBA is not a reasonable goal for the vast majority of IBL players, right?

Most IBL teams are not as good as the top D1A teams; seriously. It's still nice to see Hart's heart and hustle. Love the guy.

ID ZAGFAN
05-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Holy Cow! According to the stat link he had 23 rebounds yesterday!

He also scored 7 points, had 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 PF, and 2 TO's in 45 minutes.

ZaGranny

maynard g krebs
05-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I looked at some of the rosters and the majority are former D2 guys; the Bellingham team has a bunch from WWU, and Tyler Amaya is an asst coach. (I saw him play in the Jamal Crawford pro am league a couple summers ago, and he had gotten really good; much stronger, still very athletic but had added a very good 3 pt shot and some ball handling skills).

Some good former D1 talent like Joevan Catron of Oregon and a few others, but they're the exception.

That site someone linked says somewhere, I think, that 24 players who had been on NBA rosters had played in the IBL (since 2004). IBL all stars get tryouts with the D League.

hooter73
05-28-2013, 02:54 PM
A Hoopfest team of Pendo and Hart would be fun watch this summer :D

ZagNative
05-28-2013, 03:19 PM
A Hoopfest team of Pendo and Hart would be fun watch this summer :DIndeed! Let it be!

Oregonzagnut
05-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Mike isn't even done improving yet.

ID ZAGFAN
06-07-2013, 08:53 PM
6/1 Chinooks 109 Strikers 100

Mike played 19 minutes. He had 4 points, 12 rebounds, 3 fouls, 4 assists, 2 TO's,3 blocks and 1 steal.

6/2 Chinooks 113 Strikers 112

Mike played 19 minutes. He had 9 points, 3 rebounds, 4 fouls, 3 assists, 0 TO's, 1 block, 1 steal.

6/7 Chinooks 185, Japan Nippon Tornadoes 92

They didn't have the complete box score up tonight, so I'll check tomorrow.

Looks like he is doing well.

ZaGranny

DixieZag
06-07-2013, 09:15 PM
185-92? Was that a correct score?

Seems like if a guy got 3 rebounds in that game it would be a huge game.

ID ZAGFAN
06-07-2013, 09:18 PM
185-92? Was that a correct score?

Seems like if a guy got 3 rebounds in that game it would be a huge game.

It is a correct score--I checked it twice. I would like to see the whole box score--will let you know how that runs out.

ZaGranny

KStyles
06-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Indeed! Let it be!

Possibly, looks like the defending champs lost Michaelson this year and are rolling with 3. (and Douglass Properties is no longer their sponsor?)

http://i.imgur.com/2dxRYSk.png

There's still time to add a fourth...and Hart doesn't have a Chinooks game that weekend.

ZagNative
06-08-2013, 09:15 AM
From Twitter:
PDX Chinooks Radio ‏@chinooksradio 10h

Mike Hart grabs 20 rebs, Jordan has 14 asts & rebs in record-setting night of @IBLHoops! See you again Sunday @ 5. #gethooked #getinthegame
Expand

MDABE80
06-09-2013, 04:51 PM
SEASON TO DATE

http://www.ibl.com/player_profile?playerid=1595

Oregonzagnut
06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
On June 7th the Chinooks beat Japan Nippon Tornadoes 185-92.
Hart had 20 Def RB's (top rebounder in game), 9 assists (2nd leading), 5 blocks (Most blks in game), 0 fouls.

WOW!!!

NBA scouts do peruse these teams. Lets hope some NBA type GM's and coaches are watching his stellar defense and ball handling skills!!

Oregonzagnut
06-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Portland vs Japan Nippon

http://www.ibl.com/portland_chinooks/

Mike Hart had a behind the back pass assist for a three ptr. At least thats how those guys called it.

ZagNative
06-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Good grief! Mike had 10 assists (http://www.ibl.com/player_profile?playerid=1595) in that game!

Oregonzagnut
06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Hart is a super stud in that league. Can still get drafted?

GUYS! Check out the list of those scoutiing Mike Hart every game! If he keeps playing like this, Mike will be in the NBA!

Clyde Drexler
Mark Eaton
Jerome Kersey
Meadowlark Lemon
Bucky Buckwalter
Chris Dudley
Darnell Valentine
Dale Schleuter
Larry Steele
Kenny Carr
Stan Love
Michael Harper

MDABE80
06-10-2013, 02:59 PM
If Mike could make to the NBA, he's be the whirling dervish....and quite the fascination. Nobody in NBA plays like him. Harasses everybody. Now that IBL will have some video of the games, I'm all in.

cggonzaga
06-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Hart is a super stud in that league. Can still get drafted?

GUYS! Check out the list of those scoutiing Mike Hart every game! If he keeps playing like this, Mike will be in the NBA!

Good lord people, get over it! Mike will never sniff the NBA. It's great he's still playing but we're talking about as low level semi pro basketball as you can find. Feel free to let me have it with the "Mike can do anything he puts his mind to" and "there's nobody like him in the league" comments. It's the truth so get used to it.

Oregonzagnut
06-10-2013, 03:43 PM
If Mike could make to the NBA, he's be the whirling dervish....and quite the fascination. Nobody in NBA plays like him. Harasses everybody. Now that IBL will have some video of the games, I'm all in.

If Mike is the real deal he will sustain his stats and even improve! I could easily see him shooting more and getting over 15 pts a game esp off of tip-ins and foul shots. I think Mike will develop his scoring array this summer and he will get a chance at an NBA camp. Hart reminds me of John Stockton and his focus on defense and assists and I wonder how many hours/days/weeks Hart and Stockton have worked together.

Are Bo Hart (baseball) and Mike Hart related?

cggonzaga[/B]: Good lord people, get over it! Mike will never sniff the NBA. It's great he's still playing but we're talking about as low level semi pro basketball as you can find. Feel free to let me have it with the "Mike can do anything he puts his mind to" and "there's nobody like him in the league" comments. It's the truth so get used to it.

Party pooper.

BTB
06-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Good lord people, get over it! Mike will never sniff the NBA. It's great he's still playing but we're talking about as low level semi pro basketball as you can find. Feel free to let me have it with the "Mike can do anything he puts his mind to" and "there's nobody like him in the league" comments. It's the truth so get used to it.

The competition he's playing against now probably isn't even as good as what he faced at Gonzaga.

MDABE80
06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Fun to dream on behalf on one our great kids. We know he's not a 5*. We'll see how far he takes it. BTB...Not sure I agree on your point about the talent in this league.. These are all very decent players..........mature, larger and they've put in their time to give one thing: experience. GU's schedule this year was tough enough to let us finish 32-3.

BTB
06-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Fun to dream on behalf on one our great kids. We know he's not a 5*. We'll see how far he takes it. BTB...Not sure I agree on your point about the talent in this league.. These are all very decent players..........mature, larger and they've put in their time to give one thing: experience. GU's schedule this year was tough enough to let us finish 32-3.

True, I've never seen them play I have no idea how good they are. I was just assuming

ID ZAGFAN
06-13-2013, 07:17 PM
6/7 against Nippon: Mike played 26 minutes. He had 7 points, 20 rebounds, 9 assist, 2 turnovers, 5 blocks, 2 steals.

6/9 against Nippon: Mike played 27 minutes. He had 4 points, 5 rebounds, 10 assists, 1 TO, 3 blocks, 1 steal.

6/11 against Bellingham: Mike played 40 minutes. He had 7 points, 6 rebounds, 4 fouls, 1 assist, 4 TO's, 2 steals.

ZaGranny

thespywhozaggedme
06-13-2013, 08:13 PM
The competition he's playing against now probably isn't even as good as what he faced at Gonzaga.

It's not even close. As I stated earlier, an IBL All Star team would have a very difficult time make the Sweet Sixteen. These are mainly D2 and 3 and NAIA guys. It's still great to see a Zag playing well.

MDABE80
06-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Where do you get this spy?

KStyles
06-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Most of the team rosters list each players last school/college. Go to http://www.ibl.com/ click the Teams link and pick one from the drop down to see a specific team. Most of the teams seem to be made up of guys who attended local colleges. Here's a sampling below (I just picked the first two on the list then Seattle & Portland, other rosters could be made up differently, I didn't check the whole league as posts are limited to 4 images)

Bellingham Slam
http://i.imgur.com/qTYacUw.png
East Bay Pitbulls
http://i.imgur.com/N6KVF7k.png
Seattle Flight
http://i.imgur.com/jVOWd3P.png

The Chinooks seem to have quite a bit more D-I players than the other teams I checked.
Portland Chinooks:
http://i.imgur.com/kQTEUoH.png

jazzdelmar
06-14-2013, 03:49 AM
It's not even close. As I stated earlier, an IBL All Star team would have a very difficult time make the Sweet Sixteen. These are mainly D2 and 3 and NAIA guys. It's still great to see a Zag playing well.

Sweet 16??? Spy, ur killing me. They wouldn't win a game in the WCC, IMO.

webspinnre
06-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Let's not go overboard here. An All-star team from these teams would definitely win some games in the WCC. There's enough D1 folks in the entire league to be a functional WCC team. Have we forgotten who all is in the WCC?

jazzdelmar
06-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Let's not go overboard here. An All-star team from these teams would definitely win some games in the WCC. There's enough D1 folks in the entire league to be a functional WCC team. Have we forgotten who all is in the WCC?

hmmm. ok they could steal a game from loyola.

Oregonzagnut
06-14-2013, 08:50 AM
The guys in this development league may not be stars, but they are better than most college teams today. Also if they are good they don't stay there long so that is why they call them DEVELOPMENTAL. If nothing else, they are all fully grown men and have the experience and consistency that the college players just don't have yet. They are a collection of solid, physically developed and very intelligent players, but are just not good enough for the NBA or the elite Euro teams. But they still would beat the entire lower half of the RPI in Div1. They would beat 95% of all the DivII, III and NAIA teams. An they would compete in any international leagues.

But come on guys!!! Lets build up Mikes pro career and maybe go to his games and support him. If those who say that these guys are all sub-par players, then is that what they think about Mike Hart? I for one would rather get overly excited and proud of his 23 rebounds and 10 assists than to say he is just playing against weak competition. Why minimize his success?

Mike Hart earned and won his starting spot on the #1 ranked team in the nation and he was a reason why we made it so big this year. There are other guys just like Hart on some of these teams and they have a passion for the game.

So that is what I hope for Mike, to be a star on the developmental team, showcase his skills to the world and hope that he gets chosen to play for better and better teams throughout his career. This is just a start for Mike Hart.

jazzdelmar
06-14-2013, 08:56 AM
The guys in this development league may not be stars, but they are better than most college teams today. Also if they are good they don't stay there long so that is why they call them DEVELOPMENTAL. If nothing else, they are all fully grown and have the experience and a learning curve that the college teams just don't have yet. They are a collection of solid, physically developed and very intelligent players, but are just not good enough for the NBA or the elite Euro teams. But they still would beat the entire lower half of the RPI in Div1. They would beat 95% of all the DivII, III and NAIA teams. An they would compete in any international leagues.

But come on guys!!! Lets build up Mikes pro career and maybe go to his games and support him. If those who say that these guys are all sub-par players, then is that what they think about Mike Hart? I for one would rather get overly excited and proud of his 23 rebounds and 10 assists than to say he is just playing against weak competition. Why minimize his success?

Mike Hart earned and won his starting spot on the #1 ranked team in the nation and he was a reason why we made it so big this year. There are other guys just like Hart on some of these teams and they have a passion for the game.

So that is what I hope for Mike, to be a star on the developmental team, showcase his skills to the world and hope that he gets chosen to play for better and better teams throughout his career. This is just a start for Mike Hart.

disagree, not with those names listed. no one loves MH more than me, but this isnt equal to the NBA D League in any way and I dont believe an all star team wd beat as many college teams as u propose. still, great for Mike. His long term career lay elsewhere -- and he will be a rock star -- but no harm having some fun before he sets out.

ZagNative
06-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Maybe time to move this thread to Old Dogs?

Angelo Roncalli
06-14-2013, 09:46 AM
disagree, not with those names listed. no one loves MH more than me, but this isnt equal to the NBA D League in any way and I dont believe an all star team wd beat as many college teams as u propose. still, great for Mike. His long term career lay elsewhere -- and he will be a rock star -- but no harm having some fun before he sets out.

Agree with Jazz.

Mike is more likely to own an NBA team in the future than play for one.

Oregonzagnut
06-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Agree with Jazz.

Mike is more likely to own an NBA team in the future than play for one.

I happily disagree even if the evidence does not support my opinion. There is no reason for me to think Mike can't make it. There is no reason for me to think the team he is on is a bunch of scrubs not even worthy of an NAIA tag.

This is the second time I have been accused of being too optimistic. Maybe I should try frank critique and pessimism again.

maynard g krebs
06-14-2013, 03:44 PM
hmmm. ok they could steal a game from loyola.
Hart
David Jackson 6-3 Utah (w/Majerus)/Oregon
Lathen Wallace 6-3 Oregon State
Garrett Sim 6-2 Oregon
Josh Tarver 6-5 Oregon State
Venoy Overton (lol) 5-11 UW
Joe Burton 6-7 OS
Daniel Deane 6-8 OS
David Lucas 6-8 OS
Joe Wolfinger 7-0 UW
Tiny Gallon 6-10(Okla?), NBDL
Chris Botez 7-0 Hawaii

I think most of the WCC coaches would trade their team for that lineup. And it doesn't include Portland State's 6-6 Chehales Tapscott, maybe the league's best player at 23 pts/15 reb a game.

MDABE80
06-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Whether you think the IBL is crap or not, Mike has a bad game 2 days ago but came back with 11 pts, 7 assists and 13 boards yesterday. to date..
http://ibl.com/player_profile?playerid=1595

75Zag
06-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I suspect that the Portland Chinooks or the Vancouver Volcanoes would be beaten 9 games out of 10 by the varsity team of either Lincoln or Jesuit High Schools, but that is not the point. It is a fun and very inexpensive (sometimes free) way for kids to watch competitive BB in the summer, and it is a great opportunity for players who will wish to continue playing - for fun not money - after they finish in the NCAA. Those of you who are hoping that the IBL somehow becomes Hart's pipeline to the NBA are probably wrong, but watching the games is still fun, fun, fun.

Go Bulldogs!

maynard g krebs
06-16-2013, 04:07 PM
watching the games is still fun, fun, fun.

I used to go to Allentown Jets games back in hs in the late 60's and early 70's, when they were the powerhouse of the Eastern Basketball league, sort of an informal farm team for the Knicks, who would send draft picks there. A step above the IBL, but similar in that a typical game was like 140-128. Players looked like the guys in that Will Ferrell movie, and half of them looked pretty stoned during games. But I've never been more entertained at a basketball game.

jazzdelmar
06-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I used to go to Allentown Jets games back in hs in the late 60's and early 70's, when they were the powerhouse of the Eastern Basketball league, sort of an informal farm team for the Knicks, who would send draft picks there. A step above the IBL, but similar in that a typical game was like 140-128. Players looked like the guys in that Will Ferrell movie, and half of them looked pretty stoned during games. But I've never been more entertained at a basketball game.

Do u remember seeing George Bruns play in the EBL? A classmate of mine at Manhattan, later played in ABA.

maynard g krebs
06-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Do u remember seeing George Bruns play in the EBL? A classmate of mine at Manhattan, later played in ABA.

Doesn't ring a bell. Missing a lot of brain cells from those days, though.

PortlandbasedZag
06-17-2013, 08:44 AM
http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2013/6/17/4436302/portland-chinooks-franchise-IBL

SBN article on the chinooks. "To help his franchise evolve into a championship team, Emmert has enlisted in the services of Meadowlark Lemon, a 22-year Harlem Globetrotters veteran, and inductee of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Among Lemon's numerous duties as the team's General Manager, is the task of creating a winning environment, from ticket sales and promotions, to the level of talent on their bench. It is an undertaking that Lemon is thoroughly enjoying."

Hart isn't mentioned but kind of interesting to read.

75Zag
06-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Did not know Terry Emmert was involved with the Portland IBL team. Assuming it is the same Terry Emmert I knew back in the day, he was a pretty good guy with a great sense of humor and public involvement. His dad's heavy hauling company provided wonderful hours of watching for my kids and me as we watched huge buildings being hauled on truck around rural roads throughout the greater Portland Area.

Go Bulldogs!

willandi
06-17-2013, 10:15 AM

Mike isn't still on the Zags? WE'RE DOOMED!!!!

gu03alum
06-17-2013, 11:18 AM

Agreed, the Spangler thread only lasted a few hours before making it the old dogs