PDA

View Full Version : List of 2013 unsigned high school centers and pf's

thespywhozaggedme
05-14-2013, 12:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/position/order/true/position/center

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/position/order/true/position/power-forward

Anyone know anything about any of these guys?

ZagnetitForce
05-14-2013, 12:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/position/order/true/position/center

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/position/order/true/position/power-forward

Anyone know anything about any of these guys?

Yes....they are unsigned!

ZagNative
05-14-2013, 01:10 PM
They're all signed, aren't they?

thespywhozaggedme
05-14-2013, 01:16 PM
They're all signed, aren't they?

Nope, the #'s 21, 25, 26, 32, 40, 43, 48 and 49 centers are not. Edwards is # 28, so take that for what it's worth. The # 49 pf is unsigned as well; just scroll all the way down. There are a ton of diamonds in the rough out there. Otto Porter, the sf from Georgetown is a projected top 5 pick in this up coming draft and was never ranked coming out of high school due to not playing AAU ball.

jazzdelmar
05-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Smacks of dumpster diving. You're down to three and stars.

thespywhozaggedme
05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Smacks of dumpster diving.

Honest question: Are you not aware of how predictable your negativity and cynacism has become, or do you just not care? Show me your last positive, upbeat post; seriously. :argh:

jazzdelmar
05-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Honest question: Are you not aware of how predictable your negativity and cynacism has become, or do you just not care? Show me your last positive, upbeat post; seriously. :argh:

It's an opinion, you are labeling it. Plenty of posts, all opinion like yours.

thespywhozaggedme
05-14-2013, 01:29 PM
It's an opinion, you are labeling it. Plenty of posts, all opinion like yours.

Jazz, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS are so negative.; there's zero balance. Several posters have been telling you this for the past few months. If you posted both positive, upbeat posts along with the negativity, it would be one thing, but it's constant doom and gloom. It's not fair to everyone else.

jazzdelmar
05-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Jazz, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS are so negative.; there's zero balance. Several posters have been telling you this for the past few months. If you posted both positive, upbeat posts along with the negativity, it would be one thing, but it's constant doom and gloom. It's not fair to everyone else.

Don't agree with you that every single post is negative. Certainly the preponderance of posts have been negative since the tournament. At the same time I was optimistic about getting Moser as well as Davis. You might want to take a look at the thread about Jordan Morgan I made some comments about him. In my opinion the zeitgeist surrounding the program now is negative. My posts reflect that opinion. I really don't see how my posts are as you say unfair to the rest of the board. But I appreciate your point of view.

cjm720
05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
HOW CAN ANYONE THINK OF THIS PROGRAM IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT AFTER THIS PAST SEASON?

Really beyond comprehension. I think I need a time out from the "boards"

GorgeZag
05-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I'd like to think that he balances things out here. The over the top "oh well everything will be ok because it has been for the past 12 years" is getting old too.
He brings a dose of reality to this blue and red colored glasses crowd.
This program has it built in shortfalls and it's fixable mistakes. Some people dwell on them, some people refuse to see them, and some people are in-between I guess.

maynard g krebs
05-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Just for fun, let's list some 3 star players or less that became AA's.

I'll start.

Adam Morrison
Dan Dickau

bigblahla
05-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't think negative of GU in any way but in saying that I fully understand the creek we're up without an addition to the front court. Being realistic is not negative.

Personally I've come to believe that there won't be any major additions to the roster and I'm starting to look forward to Ozzy's 4 guard line-up as it will be interesting to see how coach and staff pull it off.

It might mean putting more vodka in my Koolaid but I'm already looking forward to next season. :D

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

thespywhozaggedme
05-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Just for fun, let's list some 3 star players or less that became AA's.

I'll start.

Adam Morrison
Dan Dickau

Otto Porter, a lottery pick in this upcoming draft wasn't ranked, because he didn't play AAU ball.

thespywhozaggedme
05-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Don't agree with you that every single post is negative. Certainly the preponderance of posts have been negative since the tournament. At the same time I was optimistic about getting Moser as well as Davis. You might want to take a look at the thread about Jordan Morgan I made some comments about him. In my opinion the zeitgeist surrounding the program now is negative. My posts reflect that opinion. I really don't see how my posts are as you say unfair to the rest of the board. But I appreciate your point of view.

Jazz, I like you as a poster and as a person, even though we have never met and I appreciate what you add to the board, it's just been a little more negative than usual lately, that's all I'm saying.

realtydog
05-14-2013, 02:29 PM
counter points---correct or not---too many on this board only want to hear about kittys, rainbows and candy as it is---I like it when someone calls a spade a spade

Zippyzaggy
05-14-2013, 02:34 PM
HOW CAN ANYONE THINK OF THIS PROGRAM IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT AFTER THIS PAST SEASON?

Maybe it's more along the lines of disappointed. This was supposed to be the year, in almost everyone's eyes, that we would get the monkey off our backs by advancing DEEP in the tourney. It's been awhile.

Added to that there is this feeling we can't catch a break landing a decent big or two and I can understand his angst.

#1 seed and #1 ranking, WCC Title & Tourney, are very nice... but surely you felt the disappointment?

jazzdelmar
05-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Jazz, I like you as a poster and as a person, even though we have never met and I appreciate what you add to the board, it's just been a little more negative than usual lately, that's all I'm saying.

Ditto, Spy. We will all thrive or flop together in the end. 😉

PS, you might notice I started the Josh Martin thread sans comment and have updated on Davis who is also being sought by my local SDSU program.

madness
05-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Jazz has had a ton of positive posts on this board, and he provides sobering insight into the program as a whole. I def. hold many of the same opinions about the program as him.

I also agree with Spy a lot too, so I wouldn't take someone's tone so seriously.

As Coach Machtolf used to yell as we celebrated a many Gprep Football victory on the bus ride home: "NOTHING PERSONAL"...heh

DixieZag
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
counter points---correct or not---too many on this board only want to hear about kittys, rainbows and candy as it is---I like it when someone calls a spade a spade

This is absolutely true. Rainbows, kittys and candy alone is actually harmful b/c it feeds unrealistic expectations.

It is equally harmful to actively look to voice one's opinion with disdain or anger in every situation. Sometimes we don't add a contrary opinion so much as belittlement.

I am not thinking of anyone in particular. I am addressing the tremendous disappointment we all felt with the way the season ended and the angry posts that continue. I know that I, for one, too often fell into the trap.

Pro athletes open themselves to criticism, they are grown men, usually making millions of dollars a year paid by fans who have every right to hold them accountable at every level.

Anger or personal criticism (beyond critique of actual play) toward a college athlete (let alone a high school) player is unfair. These are still very young men, they are not paid to play and they can devastate a maturing student unable - yet - to properly put such opinion in perspective.

There is more latitude in criticism of the staff, who are also grown adults and well paid - but we have to be careful b/c we often implicitly malign players when doing so.

We should all try to stick to opinions based on facts. Usually balance is a good idea. My father used to tell me that nothing is ever quite as good or as bad as it may seem. Probably a good starting point.

gonwick
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
At the end of the season I was the most disappointed I have been in years. Either we believed in our ranking and it was legitimate and we laid two straight eggs in the tourney with one of our best teams ever (disappointing) or GU should believe those who say that it is perennially overrated based on a cupcake WCC schedule (disappointing). I think people have been reasonable, if understandably depressed, in the wake of this season's end, particularly as there has been nothing since to make us optimistic about next year.

I'm hoping Davis comes, or something happens to give a ray of sunshine.

Zagdawg
05-14-2013, 08:29 PM
I find it amusing that when someone posts something optimistic about the Zags-- we have a good number of "fans" that do their best to disprove or downplay the post--the fan that posts the information is not being "realistic" about what the opportunities are available for the Zags. We can choose to take it for what it is-- a piece of information to consider--an opportunity still exists--or try to find something negative to post.

Maybe I am too optimistic because I am attending a conference in Vegas this week and I listened to Will Marre speak today (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People)-- but I enjoy the optimism over the negativity/pessimism--- because I choose to look at the situation a bit differently than some of our other fans.

Go Zags

BTB
05-15-2013, 12:20 AM
I find it amusing that when someone posts something optimistic about the Zags-- we have a good number of "fans" that do their best to disprove or downplay the post--the fan that posts the information is not being "realistic" about what the opportunities are available for the Zags. We can choose to take it for what it is-- a piece of information to consider--an opportunity still exists--or try to find something negative to post.

Maybe I am too optimistic because I am attending a conference in Vegas this week and I listened to Will Marre speak today (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People)-- but I enjoy the optimism over the negativity/pessimism--- because I choose to look at the situation a bit differently than some of our other fans.

Go Zags

While I agree with your post and am optimistic about our future as a program and am even (gasp) very optimistic about how our team will be next year, there is a very big counterpoint to your argument. For every pessimistic post we have fans who just get mad and say that things are as good now as ever. In reality, there are good reasons to be pessimistic (lack of big man depth, poor tournament performance, etc.) and good reasons to be optimistic (guard depth/experience, Coleman/Nunez, past player development, etc.). I personally think we will be alright next year and think people are overreacting to our current situation, but it is understandable why people are worried!

ZagaZags
05-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Not too late for someone to transfer. Not saying they could play right away but someone could still transfer.