PDA

View Full Version : Josh Martin?

jazzdelmar
05-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Josh Martin's growing list of suitors
By Joe Kaiser

Last week we mentioned that Washington could have the inside track on athletic combo forward Josh Martin (Bothell, Wash./Bothell High), but a new list of impressive offers may have changed the big man's plans.

Marshall Cherrington, a contributor to Dawgman.com, reported that Florida State offered Martin a scholarship on Monday, joining Washington State, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Gonzaga and Nevada as the schools that have already offered.

For a while, it seemed like Martin would be the Huskies' to lose, considering that he's right in their own backyard. But with interest in the 6-foot-7, 210-pounder now expanding considerably, Martin could become more difficult for Lorenzo Romar and his staff to land. We'll let you know when we hear more about Martin's plans for visits.

hooter73
05-14-2013, 08:01 AM
I need to go back and read up on him but us getting another local talent away from Romar... yeah Im in:p

NotoriousZ
05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
You had me at, "athletic combo forward."

That'll do, Pig.

maynard g krebs
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
You had me at, "athletic combo forward."

Looks like a 4 to me. Don't see him as a combo. Strength is inside.

NotoriousZ
05-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Looks like a 4 to me. Don't see him as a combo. Strength is inside.

Even better!

GLJake
05-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Saw him at state tourney. Highly impressed. Big,strong,very athletic and runs very well.

hooter73
05-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Saw him at state tourney. Highly impressed. Big,strong,very athletic and runs very well.

He's all that, big, and local? Nevermind, not the type of droids we go looking for...

Zagsker
05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
What?

MTZag03
05-14-2013, 05:05 PM
We really could get a good look from him since PF is our biggest weakness and we're a nearly complete team otherwise. Yeah, UW is somehow an NBA factory even without winning many games, but GU can definitely develop bigs as others have said.

My hope is that we get him and develop a really strong presence in Seattle to at least make kids there think about Gonzaga.

hooter73
05-14-2013, 08:17 PM
What?

Athletic bigs, local shooters... not what we push for recruiting history wise. :p