PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thinking Euro PF?

SteelCityZag
05-14-2013, 06:12 AM
It just feels to me, having been an avid reader and less than occasional poster on this board for a long time now, that there must be a Plan B (or Plan C, depending on how you're counting) in place. Would love to get Davis signed on during his visit. He's the staff's top priority for next year, so it would appear.

But in the event that he signs elsewhere, and having myself combed through the available quality JuCo PFs, it seems as if the alternative to Josh Davis must be a Euro PF.

Anyone been keeping track of Tommy's frequent flyer miles lately?

JAGzag
05-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Good question. Seems we don't have as much insider information on this board lately, where has everyone gone?

HenneZag
05-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Perhaps the calm before the storm...

jazzdelmar
05-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Perhaps the calm before the storm...

more likely gun-shy "insiders."

HenneZag
05-14-2013, 08:31 AM
C'mon let us in on some inside info, im going crazy...I can't find a damn thing.

titopoet
05-14-2013, 08:36 AM
The only name I have heard about is Domantas Sabonis, but he is 2014. This would be a major coup as Domantas Sabonis can play.

BobZag
05-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Never underestimate Tommy, but I think it's doubtful. Hard to nab a foreign kid on such short notice.

Oregonzagnut
05-14-2013, 09:15 AM
I think no matter what, Few recruits the best he can, all the time, at every position. So there is always a plan B, plan C and so on. The thing I try to remember is there are far more athletes who WANT to come to Gonzaga than there were 12 years ago. Few can pick and choose to a certain extent, better than he could in 2001. He can choose the best balance of team chemistry, athleticism and skill.

As long as Gonzaga stays in the top 25, Gonzaga will continue to be APPROACHED by top 50 talent. Our history and success does most the recruiting for Few now. He is proven and no words can describe the permanent proof of the success Few achieves. The real goal is to find diamonds in the rough that will develop like Kelly did.

I think Few could make OZN a 1 star athlete from the 0 stars he is now, and do it in a matter of months.

ZagnetitForce
05-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Anyone been keeping track of Tommy's frequent flyer miles lately?[/QUOTE]

Not sure on his miles, but I drive past his house pretty much every day on my way home....and I don't see him playing ball in the driveway with the kids!

SteelCityZag
05-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Anyone been keeping track of Tommy's frequent flyer miles lately?

Not sure on his miles, but I drive past his house pretty much every day on my way home....and I don't see him playing ball in the driveway with the kids![/QUOTE]

Thanks Z-Force. That's something, right? Or maybe it isn't, who knows?