PDA

View Full Version : Dominique Collier to Colorado!

harryzag
05-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Just sayin.....

ZagNative
05-07-2013, 05:26 PM
So Slipper Still Fits had it right back on on April 30 (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2014-gonzaga-recruiting/2013/4/30/4286044/2014-gonzaga-recruiting-josh-perkins-reid-travis)when it estimated the likelihood Collier would be a zag:
0%. The Zags may get a talented Colorado PG, but it won't be Colliersaying...
4/30: Collier seems to be focusing in on three at this point. Buffs seem to be the leader.

harryzag
05-07-2013, 06:12 PM
this should significantly improve our chances with perkins.

cggonzaga
05-07-2013, 06:51 PM
I read you loud and clear Harry. I was hoping this would happen. We get a Perkins commit and I think we see at least 2 other big names.

hooter73
05-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Fine by me. Show me Perkins!

Malastein
05-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Sweet!

jazzdelmar
05-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Grasping.

BroncoZAG615
05-08-2013, 04:56 AM
Grasping.

I love waking up to a couple Jazz posts to get my day started :). Better than caffeine, if you ask me!

I kind of do agree in that Perkins' recruitment is insane and is going to get more insane over the next few months. Colorado was definitely a horse in the race but there are some Clydesdales entering the mix for Perkins. I do feel, however, that the Zags are in a great spot with him - just need to lock it up.

jazzdelmar
05-08-2013, 05:03 AM
I love waking up to a couple Jazz posts to get my day started :). Better than caffeine, if you ask me!

I kind of do agree in that Perkins' recruitment is insane and is going to get more insane over the next few months. Colorado was definitely a horse in the race but there are some Clydesdales entering the mix for Perkins. I do feel, however, that the Zags are in a great spot with him - just need to lock it up.

...for straws.....drink up, bronc.

BroncoZAG615
05-08-2013, 05:08 AM
...for straws.....drink up, bronc.

I got the reference initially. And I agree that Colorado getting Dom doesn't make me feel like Perkins is a lock.

Few has personally taken on Josh's recruitment and before I hear fly fishing jokes, he was been all over the AAU circuit thus far to see him. I don't think that believing this can happen makes me a kool-aid drinker but, again, I look forward to your silence if he commits or your jeering if he goes elsewhere.

jazzdelmar
05-08-2013, 05:19 AM
I got the reference initially. And I agree that Colorado getting Dom doesn't make me feel like Perkins is a lock.

Few has personally taken on Josh's recruitment and before I hear fly fishing jokes, he was been all over the AAU circuit thus far to see him. I don't think that believing this can happen makes me a kool-aid drinker but, again, I look forward to your silence if he commits or your jeering if he goes elsewhere.

its quite meaningless to be listed among 20 top schools vying for a prospect such as perkins (assuming he is as good as advertised). just as it would be for wiggins. every coach in the country offers red herrings to fans by somehow getting on a top player's list on a draft site. some coaches (not few) even ask to be listed altho not having a shot in hadas. the notion that few can land perkins and whiff on moser, et al. just doesnt, well, pass the smell taste. no jeering, i promise.

SteelCityZag
05-08-2013, 05:27 AM
its quite meaningless to be listed among 20 top schools vying for a prospect such as perkins (assuming he is as good as advertised). just as it would be for wiggins. every coach in the country offers red herrings to fans by somehow getting on a top player's list on a draft site. some coaches (not few) even ask to be listed altho not having a shot in hadas. the notion that few can land perkins and whiff on moser, et al. just doesnt, well, pass the smell taste. no jeering, i promise.

Interesting take. I think the recruiting game may have more dimensions to it than you're pointing out. Location, chemistry with coaches and team, parents and influencers. There are a lot of factors that go into every kid's decision beyond simply "If we whiff on recuit A, we have no shot at recuit B because he's more highly rated" (although I will admit that itself is one factor). And you're point is well made about the recruiting game...there's two sides to it. However, recruitment is a landscape and you have to find your niche. There are some kids we would be wasting our time going for, not because they're better than our program, but because they don't fit our niche. Trick is to broaden than niche and expand the brand.

I have no idea about our chances with Perkins or any other recruits. Just my thoughts for the day.

thespywhozaggedme
05-08-2013, 05:29 AM

Josh Perkins has had a mentor of sorts for the past few years. His name; Matt Bouldin.

jazzdelmar
05-08-2013, 05:33 AM
Josh Perkins has had a mentor of sorts for the past few years. His name; Matt Bouldin.

ok, thats a plus no doubt. will that be enough to stave off the hall of fame coaches when they come calling??? and, btw, gu's malik pope chase is an even more egregious example of mere showcasing. a top 5 player to gu? be real. i wd think we at least had some insider traction w wiggins.

HenneZag
05-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Colorado initially was well in the mix for Perkins, so this may help is slighlty. But I feel if we don't get a commitment soon from perkins (within the next month or so) then I feel like we will fizzle out. With programs like Syracuse and Kentucky jumping on board as we speak, the urgency to get a commitment soon is vital.

We all knew this would happen with Perkins. Hopefully few's presence throughout the AAU circuit will pay off. Perhaps getting this commitment will create a domino effect and help us get recruits like Reid and Pope into a ZAG uniform.

BroncoZAG615
05-08-2013, 07:36 AM

To be fair, I wouldn't go as far as to call Matt a mentor to Josh. They've spoken on a few occasions and worked out together a couple times. The relationship can't hurt, obviously, but I can't imagine this relationship will have a significant bearing on Perkins' decision.

Zagluv95
05-08-2013, 07:37 AM
And of course Coach Cal puts his cards on the table. To be honest I felt it would have happened a lot sooner.

cjm720
05-08-2013, 07:58 AM
the notion that few can land perkins and whiff on moser, et al. just doesnt, well, pass the smell taste.

How are these even connected?

And whiff? Please...more like 3 and 2 with a bomb caught before the center field wall.

jazzdelmar
05-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Still a putout

Billfish'80
05-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Still a putout

Ya, but just the first, and Davis advances to second. Just need a base hit if your glass is half full. If it's half empty, though, your gona get a grounder to the shortstop, that catches the runner off the bag, for a d/p. I'll chose to keep my glass half full for a while longer. Helps my attitude at home if I do that, and its a lot more fun.;)

jazzdelmar
05-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Ya, but just the first, and Davis advances to second. Just need a base hit if your glass is half full. If it's half empty, though, your gona get a grounder to the shortstop, that catches the runner off the bag, for a d/p. I'll chose to keep my glass half full for a while longer. Helps my attitude at home if I do that, and its a lot more fun.;)

at least two outs--moser and would be transfer jordan morgan from michigan....davis cd spell the end of the inning, among other things. not even counting zona transferee angelo choi who seems to have disappeared into the ether here.

Billfish'80
05-08-2013, 11:15 AM
I was at a funeral in Vancouver, and missed the whole "thread that never was", so didn't have that one recorded. Runners can still score with two outs, last time I checked. Hey Look! someone stuck a siphon hose in my half full kool-aid glass! If I wouldn't have noticed, it would soon be half empty! Who would do such a thing? Of course, I could spare a little, if it would get you to half full. Either way, been fun mixing up the sports. I'm so confused! Is it October, (wait) make that September, yet?

Zagdawg
05-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Set the koolaid stealer to ignore like the rest of us have and you will realize that the Zags might not be ready to fall apart and end up at the bottom of the WCC for years to come.

cjm720
05-08-2013, 01:07 PM
at least two outs--moser and would be transfer jordan morgan from michigan....davis cd spell the end of the inning, among other things. not even counting zona transferee angelo choi who seems to have disappeared into the ether here.

Morgan? Nooo, c'mon he's a Wolvrine and not transferring therefore not an "out" or "whiff"...

bigparb
05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
UCLA just offered Perkins......again per twitter (no link - sorry)