PDA

View Full Version : Josh Davis: a return to Tulane?

TravelinZag
05-02-2013, 04:42 AM
No one could blame Josh Davis for being circumspect about transfer announcements or scheduling visits to other universities. 1. Finals begin Saturday and run for eight consecutive days. 2. There are reports he may need additional credits to graduate (i.e., summer school). 3. A month ago, AP quoted Tulane coach Ed Conroy, "Josh has probably as many options as any young man in the country. He is exploring all of those, including a return to Tulane." 4. Marcius/Purdue. Might be tempting to ensure tuition for any needed summer school classes was paid before making any moves or statements that could be viewed as provocative.

Something wishful fans should consider in our (understandable) impatience. Wish the best for Josh.

jazzdelmar
05-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Geez, its getting a little depressing in here. Two whiffs coming up? And Choi is the reach? Coaches lead lives of quiet desperation, I guess.

cjm720
05-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Jazz you are unreal. Never heard a more pessimistic fellow. Times are good dude

jazzdelmar
05-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Jazz you are unreal. Never heard a more pessimistic fellow. Times are good dude

really, youre ok with dower and karno and pray for rain up front next year?

cjm720
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM

I'm okay knowing that the coaches aren't satisified and they know what they're doing and everything they're doing isn't reported on this blog we're so obsessed with.

I'm okay knowing that the #1 team in the nation (at one point) is in good hands. We never land the all-americans, but we land players that want to compete. Some don't turn out, most do.

I'm okay with Tommy scouring Europe, Donny in Cali, and Few being more involved.

I'm okay with Perkins and Reid and McGlaughlin and others listing us and wanting to visit.

Times are very good...stop and smell the roses.

ZagLawGrad
05-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Times are very good...stop and smell the roses.

I don't see anyone forecasting doom and gloom.

But it's pretty clear you've bought into maintaing the status quo---early exit stage left in March---as a sign of great success.

Each to their own.

Zagdawg
05-02-2013, 07:29 AM
You run into these types where everything is the end of the world--glass is always half empty and they work hard to be as negative as possible---they like to try to whip the crowd into a frenzy.

The sky is falling...the sky is falling.....

Man 1 "That was a nice home run!" Man 2 "It was only 398 feet and we only won by 2 runs-- we could have done better."

As CJM notes--it's best to just trust in the coaching staff and realize that it is not the end of the world if a player chooses another option.

The staff will move to the next option--and Zag basketball will move forward.

cjm720
05-02-2013, 07:32 AM
I don't see anyone forecasting doom and gloom.

But it's pretty clear you've bought into maintaing the status quo---early exit stage left in March---as a sign of great success.

Each to their own.

Early exits and May recruiting are two separate things. We could have three all-americans and lose in round two, or we could have a bunch of 2 star recruits and make the elite 8.

It's pretty clear that some here have a much broader perspective of GU hoops than others...we continue to trend up and are the best story in college basketball in the last (almost) 20 years. Love it...and we're going to get our break in the tourney one of these days.

ZagLawGrad
05-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Early exits and May recruiting are two separate things. We could have three all-americans and lose in round two, or we could have a bunch of 2 star recruits and make the elite 8.

It's pretty clear that some here have a much broader perspective of GU hoops than others...we continue to trend up and are the best story in college basketball in the last (almost) 20 years. Love it...and we're going to get our break in the tourney one of these days.

Self-admiration society. Can't argue with that.

webspinnre
05-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Wow, we've certainly gotten chippy in regards this situation with transfers and the overall state of GU basketball.

I'd like to think that it's possible for reasonable people to have different views in regards to GU's program and still be able to remain calm and cordial.

Here's hoping to JD, MM, or both.

Goshzagit
05-02-2013, 08:19 AM
As I posted 5 weeks ago, I heard Josh Davis is still significant credits away from technically graduating from Tulane. Not to mention eligibility issues on the table as well. Its the reason I wrote Davis off awhile back. I said a month ago, I don't expect him in a Gonzaga uni or any other uni for that matter, save overseas or return to Tulane.

Heard from a direct source he still needs to complete up to 12-14 addt'l credits FOLLOWING his finals this week.

Mike Moser is good to go, but most likely Oregon bound, yet Josh Davis has been wishful thinking since this began. Not much has change except the fact he's completing more credits towards a potential graduation this Summer.

Mr. Davis is going to have to put in some serious bookwork if he wants to play at another school in 2013.

BTB
05-02-2013, 09:38 AM

A couple months ago everyone on here was saying that Karno was going to be the best big man GU has ever had by the end of the season. Plus we all know what Dower is capable of. I have 100% trust that those two plus Nunez (for the 2nd half of the season - assuming he's a 3/4 combo) plus any 4th big to eat fouls plus a full offseason of work for them all will equal at least a top 25 frontcourt next season. Add in our guard play, which should be EXCELLENT, and I am completely ok with Dower and Karno next season.

Of course, I'm still hoping we hit a homerun with Moser or Davis and would be ecstatic if we do.

It's completely possible to be happy with what we have and still hope for more, people.

BobZag
05-02-2013, 10:23 AM
http://debrakristi.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/sunshine.jpg

willandi
05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Do you think we have any chance at getting Phil Jackson or Pat Riley to step and take over this bunch of losers?

SARCASM