PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday and...

Bogozags
05-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Will double M be playing at UO, UW or GU?

I think he becomes a Zag.

What's your guess?

bartruff1
05-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Oregon

ZagaZags
05-02-2013, 03:16 AM
Oregon

Oregon it is. He wants to stick it to UCLA. But from what I heard Gonzaga is in good shape. But so is Oregon. I would be shocked if he goes to UW.

jazzdelmar
05-02-2013, 03:25 AM
The longer it goes the worse for GU. Zags are his best bb play but UO offers so many trinkets and it is his home state

bartruff1
05-02-2013, 03:51 AM
All I know is what I read. By happenstance I went to grad school at both UW and Oregon... and what I am reading is that Oregon has offered him a chance to freelance in the offense and that may enhance his opportunities in the NBA.

Jon Rothstein may have it about right at CBS Sports this morning.

Who knows ??? Not even the Devil knows.

jazzdelmar
05-02-2013, 04:07 AM
All I know is what I read. By happenstance I went to grad school at both UW and Oregon... and what I am reading is that Oregon has offered him a chance to freelance in the offense and that may enhance his opportunities in the NBA.

Jon Rothstein may have it about right at CBS Sports this morning.

Who know ??? Not even the Devil knows.

not very encouraging, Bart.......i think we whiffed.

rijman
05-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Did Pangos take Moser to Taco Bell for lunch? That seemed to work last year when we had a big recruit in town.

Radbooks
05-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Who knows if he even fit in with our guys? They've had great chemistry and maybe he wasn't the type of player Coach Few and our guys felt would be a good teammate. I have no clue about this stuff, but based on what I've read on this board over the years the team does have some input on the players who come in.

MTZag03
05-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Does playing freestyle on offense really improve your NBA chances? I guess maybe it does looking at UW's history, but unless you're absolutely amazing wouldn't an NBA team want you to play within the confines of an offense? Say it ain't so.

willandi
05-02-2013, 06:15 AM
They were able to change Ammo's game from freestyle to 'stand there and shoot if we throw it to you'!

LongIslandZagFan
05-02-2013, 06:17 AM
not very encouraging, Bart.......i think we whiffed.

Can we just let play out instead of just assuming the worst?

BroncoZAG615
05-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Can we just let play out instead of just assuming the worst?

http://lifehacker.com/5854053/how-to-stop-caring-about-trolls-and-get-on-with-your-life

LongIslandZagFan
05-02-2013, 06:33 AM
Don't think jazz is trolling... Just think someone gave him decaf this morning. :D

jazzdelmar
05-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Don't think jazz is trolling... Just think someone gave him decaf this morning. :D

na, im just reacting to what other, more clued in folks are saying..and reading the tea leaves of the really clued in fellas...i dont knw nuttin empirically cept that Choi is a stiff...

cjm720
05-02-2013, 06:48 AM
How could you blame GU on a 21 year olds decision? Whiff? Get get real....

I see him as a Duck. WCC v PAC 12

jazzdelmar
05-02-2013, 07:03 AM
How could you blame GU on a 21 year olds decision? Whiff? Get get real....

I see him as a Duck. WCC v PAC 12

where do you infer "blame on GU?" thems the breaks is all...you blame pujols every time he whiffs?

cjm720
05-02-2013, 07:07 AM
where do you infer "blame on GU?" thems the breaks is all...you blame pujols every time he whiffs?

"not very encouraging, Bart.......i think we whiffed." If the "we" you mentioned is not GU, then who? Or are you saying it's yours and Bart's fault we might not land MM? ;)

Zagdawg
05-02-2013, 07:09 AM
The blame game is fun to play..... I blame tacos if this "whiffing" comes to pass.

Who would you like to blame?

jazzdelmar
05-02-2013, 07:10 AM
"not very encouraging, Bart.......i think we whiffed." If the "we" you mentioned is not GU, then who? Or are you saying it's yours and Bart's fault we might not land MM? ;)

ok, u prefer "missing?" it happens. no one hits 1.000. these are tough misses tho.

cjm720
05-02-2013, 07:13 AM
ok, u prefer "missing?" it happens. no one hits 1.000. these are tough misses tho.

they came out of no where. not even expected. it would have been some serious gravy

HenneZag
05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Its 8 AM, and their is plenty of day left. I wasn't expecting a commit @ 5 am. We may not hear anything today.

Obviously I think GU has the best sales pitch to MM..best team, trips to the dance and development in bigs to make the jump to the NBA.

If thats what he wants then he chooses us, if not well then who knows.

ZagLawGrad
05-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Hard to say what drives these players to pick and choose.

Few and his way of handling players is the biggest selling point for GU, IMO.

Zags' early exit in the Dance in recent years is the biggest negative, along with the lowly WCC. An Elite 8 run would undoubtedly have been a great momentum factor.

Oregon's good run in March, and the quack-hype machine could be formidable today.

bartruff1
05-02-2013, 07:33 AM
The blame game is fun to play..... I blame tacos if this "whiffing" comes to pass.

Who would you like to blame?

Not me !!!

It is clearly Zaninovich's fault.. or Peperdine...or Ron Baker...or....

maynard g krebs
05-02-2013, 11:22 AM
I think Oregon is likely, for the reasons I posted in the other thread. Again, hope I'm wrong, but biggest reason is Altman's track record w/ 1 yr transfers.

Saxon_zag
05-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Few and his way of handling players is the biggest selling point for GU, IMO.

No offense, but really?

cjm720
05-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I think Oregon is likely, for the reasons I posted in the other thread. Again, hope I'm wrong, but biggest reason is Altman's track record w/ 1 yr transfers.

Agree, add Pac12 and Altman's overall success. Moser's going to a good place either way...I've totally discounted UW.

Reborn
05-02-2013, 01:07 PM
When I close my eyes I see him in a Zag uni. But then again I saw GU in the final 4 last year. :D:D

ZagLawGrad
05-02-2013, 08:37 PM
No offense, but really?

Yeah, really. Just revisit that photo of Few between Elias and Kelly after the loss to Wichita. Speaks volumes.

Saxon_zag
05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, really. Just revisit that photo of Few between Elias and Kelly after the loss to Wichita. Speaks volumes.

Sure he loves his players like any coach and he definitely has "his guys" but I think it's easy to see where he totally misuses or mishandles certain guys.

willandi
05-03-2013, 06:41 AM
with these players? Don't they know how we are hanging on every potential word or gesture? Sure its just the most important decision of your life, to date, but WE ARE WAITING!!!
Obviously we want you to make a wise choice, and a correct one, but that choice should have the letters g-o-n-z-a-g-a somewhere in there. How can you not see that?

For those unable to detect it, that was sarcasm.

We hope that these young men make the best possible decision FOR THEMSELVES! It could well determine the outcome of their lives. As fans of Gonzaga, and many Alumni, we believe that what Gonzaga U has to offer isn't available at the State schools, with their large student bodies etc. We sincerely hope that you recognize the 'family' that Zag players join, and make the decision to come here. I will respect that decision, no matter where it leads, just give the Zags an honest look!

Bogozags
05-04-2013, 08:35 AM
with these players? Don't they know how we are hanging on every potential word or gesture? Sure its just the most important decision of your life, to date, but WE ARE WAITING!!!
Obviously we want you to make a wise choice, and a correct one, but that choice should have the letters g-o-n-z-a-g-a somewhere in there. How can you not see that?

For those unable to detect it, that was sarcasm.

We hope that these young men make the best possible decision FOR THEMSELVES! It could well determine the outcome of their lives. As fans of Gonzaga, and many Alumni, we believe that what Gonzaga U has to offer isn't available at the State schools, with their large student bodies etc. We sincerely hope that you recognize the 'family' that Zag players join, and make the decision to come here. I will respect that decision, no matter where it leads, just give the Zags an honest look!

Very well said...and it is obvious that a better education is available as well as the life-long GU family...let's hope GU is his choice!

NotoriousZ
05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
It's Sunday and...