PDA

View Full Version : The first to commit?

jazzdelmar
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Who will be first to commit? Small, Perkins, Davis, Moser or the mystery guest?

scott257
04-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Was there a mystery guest? It seems like every year about this time we have rumor after rumor to chase.

doctorzag
04-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Was Jordan Morgan the mystery guest?

jazzdelmar
04-29-2013, 01:35 PM

No idea who may be coming out of the Blue.

cjm720
04-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Moser...it's us or Oregon. We'll know by Thursday it sounds like.

kyle dixon
04-29-2013, 01:37 PM
I thought he already declared for the draft?

BobZag
04-29-2013, 01:38 PM
I'd say Mike Moser. If he doesnt, then Josh Davis.

You giving out prizes, jazz?

jazzdelmar
04-29-2013, 01:44 PM
I thought he already declared for the draft?

Think more widely.

Kiddwell
04-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Who will be first to commit? Small, Perkins, Davis, Moser or the mystery guest?

The Blue? Or the Blue and Maize?

:]

Zags11
04-29-2013, 01:47 PM
I will say Moser

jazzdelmar
04-29-2013, 01:48 PM
The Blue? Or the Blue and Maize?

:]

You might be the Victor.

hooter73
04-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Moser... but Id take Perkins first if he really really wanted to.:pray:

doctorzag
04-29-2013, 03:04 PM
You might be the Victor.
Hail to the Victor.

Angelo Roncalli
04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
How about the first to be committed?

I can offer a list of names of likely candidates...

hondo
04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
All of us.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Wiltjer...

;)

jazzdelmar
04-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Wiltjer...

;)

Thx. Clean forgot him. Maybe he's the mysterioso.

doctorzag
04-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Wiltjer...

;)

Wiltjer is still in play and more so if Wiggins signs with the Cats.

jazzdelmar
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Wiltjer is still in play and more so if Wiggins signs with the Cats.

Why not Wiggins?

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Does Master P have any more kids?

DixieZag
04-29-2013, 05:01 PM
I am hoping that the first is not also the last. I doubt he will be.

I'll go with the boring answer, Moser - followed by Perkins.

exclusivelee
04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Isn't LeBron James Jr gonna play in a Zags uni in 2023?

NotoriousZ
04-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Why not Wiggins?

That's what I'm sayin'. We've got the Canadian connection, his NBA draft status is all but locked at #1, and of course we're Gonzaga!

I know we're not on his list of schools, but somebody get to that guy (ahem, Pangos). If he wants a national championship, we could give it a good run with him on the team. I mean, Kentucky didn't even make the tourney last year. ;)

DixieZag
04-29-2013, 09:50 PM
I hear that A.J. Few has narrowed it down to G.U. (he has some connections to the school) the UW (he's going through a rebelious stage) or USD - he has history and fondness for Uncle Billy.

I still think we have the inside shot.

sittingon50
04-30-2013, 10:29 AM
No way Dixie! Don't you know we have an aversion to small guards?

kitzbuel
04-30-2013, 01:42 PM
No way Dixie! Don't you know we have an aversion to small guards?

What makes you think he is going to be small?

former1dog
04-30-2013, 01:50 PM
I hear that A.J. Few has narrowed it down to G.U. (he has some connections to the school) the UW (he's going through a rebelious stage) or USD - he has history and fondness for Uncle Billy.

I still think we have the inside shot.

For Track and Field, right?

(Momma was a state champ, fyi)

hooter73
05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
You know the fun part about Moser and/or Davis. It still doesn't take Pope out of the running.

jazzdelmar
05-01-2013, 09:18 AM
UW's strong backup plan for Moser
By Joe Kaiser

Washington remains hopeful that UNLV transfer Mike Moser will choose to play his final season of college basketball on their Seattle campus, but if Moser ends up elsewhere (Gonzaga or Oregon) the Huskies are prepared to use their last available scholarship to bring in another forward for the class of 2013. Here's the guy they're one of the favorites to land.

UW is one of the three finalists along with Rutgers and Xavier for 6-foot-7 power forward Junior Etou (Arlington, Va./Bishop O'Connell High School), according to this tweet on Monday by David Schneider of BigShots.net.

In the case of Etou, his offer to UW could very well be contingent on Moser's decision. Or, it could be a case of whoever commits first gets the scholarship. Moser would certainly have a greater chance to make an immediate impact next season, helping solidify a Husky frontcourt that will also include San Francisco transfer Perris Blackwell, Shawn Kemp Jr., Desmond Simmons and Jernard Jarreau. But there's no question that the Huskies, which have had difficulty bringing in top frontcourt talent in recent years, would be just as pleased to land Etou, an athletic forward with high upside and the potential to play for four years.

LynetteG
05-03-2013, 07:57 AM

No, Jordan is not transferring....much as I think he should, I am supporting him in his decision to stay at Michigan for his graduate degree. I am in Michigan now, and am attending his graduation tomorrow (Engineering degree).

jazzdelmar
05-03-2013, 08:01 AM
No, Jordan is not transferring....much as I think he should, I am supporting him in his decision to stay at Michigan for his graduate degree. I am in Michigan now, and am attending his graduation tomorrow (Engineering degree).

congrats to you and the great young man......hail to jordan!

so jordan is the first...to decommit :)

someone should alert The Coach Few in SF or at the lake...

AzZag
05-03-2013, 07:59 PM

With all due respect, Jordan is critical to U of M next year. I am a HUGE J-Mo fan. Zags are my 1 and Big Blue is my 1A. I didn't miss a game this year, and sadly watched the Illinois game where he got hurt. That's obviously when it all changed for him.

Michigan needs his leadership more than ever. Derrick Walton is a pass first kid, unlike Trey, and will hit J-Mo on those pick and rolls.
Him, Hoford and McGary will be a formidable front line. I can't wait!!!

Tell him he has a large U of M fan base that is glad he is staying. :cheers:
Go Blue!!

LynetteG
05-11-2013, 07:32 PM
This thread needs a photo. Proud Aunt Lynette and Jordan

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/lynettelk/253217_10200779410263572_1840871621_n_zpsa3a0b9bd. jpg

ZagNative
05-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Congrats to Jordie, Auntie Lynette, and family!

thespywhozaggedme
05-11-2013, 07:45 PM
This thread needs a photo. Proud Aunt Lynette and Jordan

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/lynettelk/253217_10200779410263572_1840871621_n_zpsa3a0b9bd. jpg

Nice picture. I'm happy for you. :)

ID ZAGFAN
05-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Great photo! Congratulations, Jordan, Lynnette and family!

ZaGranny

ZagaZags
05-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Has been talked about a few times on this board. He committed to Arizona State.

wiszag
05-12-2013, 04:52 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I think Jordan made the right decision.

jazzdelmar
05-12-2013, 04:56 AM
What a terrific young man, you must be busting with pride. Go Big Blue, Go Jordan....

ZagaZags
05-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Andrew Wiggins will decide on Tuesday between Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina and Florida State. If he picks Kentucky, that would mean they landed 7 out of the top 18 players in America.
Wow, Kentucky is going to be deep! IMO Wiggins will not choose Kentucky. But still very deep.

JAGzag
05-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Andrew Wiggins will decide on Tuesday between Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina and Florida State. If he picks Kentucky, that would mean they landed 7 out of the top 18 players in America.
Wow, Kentucky is going to be deep! IMO Wiggins will not choose Kentucky. But still very deep.

It will come down to chemistry for Kentucky, as this year's KY team demonstrated. But yes, no one can touch them talent wise next year.

Bogozags
05-13-2013, 08:05 AM

My best friend and wife received her Master's from UM in Social Work. I was surprised to find out that UM is nearly ranked in the TOP FIVE nationally in almost all Post Graduate programs! Jordan made a great choice to stay at UM!

Go Blue!

LynetteG
05-13-2013, 02:11 PM
My best friend and wife received her Master's from UM in Social Work. I was surprised to find out that UM is nearly ranked in the TOP FIVE nationally in almost all Post Graduate programs! Jordan made a great choice to stay at UM!

Go Blue!

They are allowing him to design his own Master's program so he can finish in the 1 year he has remaining. He's doing something along the lines of Engineering Finance. His BS is in Industrial and Operations Engineering (Dean's List!!)

Bogozags
05-13-2013, 02:22 PM
They are allowing him to design his own Master's program so he can finish in the 1 year he has remaining. He's doing something along the lines of Engineering Finance. His BS is in Industrial and Operations Engineering (Dean's List!!)

Well it is obvious he has a "clue" to make the Dean's List at MU! The young man is making really good choices, which will pay dividends down the road! Know you are proud and look forward to watching him play next year!

gamagin
05-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Congrats ! I've been following JM since you first mentioned him on this board, noted your connection and his, to Spokane, as well.

He's easily one of my favorite college basketball players. Smooth, not easily rattled, a floor if not team leader, task oriented, strong and effective.

Just all around. Learning he was a scholar, too, was icing for me. He will emerge with all the options anyone could hope for. And, he has earned every one of them. Cheers to his mom, too. And you.

all the best,

Malastein
05-13-2013, 06:57 PM
It will come down to chemistry for Kentucky, as this year's KY team demonstrated. But yes, no one can touch them talent wise next year.

Wiggins sounds good enough where he could swing things against that Kentucky team. The major difference between the Fab Five and Kentucky's squad is that that Michigan team had the best player in that class. Webber is one of the top 100 to ever play, and who knows if any of those Kentucky kids will join him. Getting Wiggins would put that team over the top, in such way that you could talk about them being better than the worst NBA teams.

DixieZag
05-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Wiggins sounds good enough where he could swing things against that Kentucky team. The major difference between the Fab Five and Kentucky's squad is that that Michigan team had the best player in that class. Webber is one of the top 100 to ever play, and who knows if any of those Kentucky kids will join him. Getting Wiggins would put that team over the top, in such way that you could talk about them being better than the worst NBA teams.

Wow. Not doubting what you say - I really don't know the quality of the kids coming up, but that is a huge statement.

Is Wiggins considered James-Lite? Or is he just yet another important piece in an already loaded squad?

ZagaZags
05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
The next 3 weeks for Gonzaga are going to be very very interesting.

ZagNative
05-13-2013, 10:57 PM
The next 3 weeks for Gonzaga are going to be very very interesting.Summer School Session I begins May 20, a week from today, and most of the kids are away from campus until then, so I wouldn't expect any visits for another week. GBJ and Karnowski both tweeted about their expectations to be back around that time. Kevin's been quiet on twitter lately, but it seems likely he'll be back then too. Kev's for sure got to be around to make one of his patented taco runs with any visiting prospects.

mnzag24
05-14-2013, 05:02 AM
Is Wiggins considered James-Lite? Or is he just yet another important piece in an already loaded squad?

Some will claim he is LBJ level, others think he will go the Harrsion Barnes/Shabazz Muhammad route, where they are good college players but not the "second coming" as they were projected.

LynetteG
05-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Well it is obvious he has a "clue" to make the Dean's List at MU! The young man is making really good choices, which will pay dividends down the road! Know you are proud and look forward to watching him play next year!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :) And bogozags... its UM or U of M, lol! But thanks for the compliment!

LynetteG
05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Congrats ! I've been following JM since you first mentioned him on this board, noted your connection and his, to Spokane, as well.

He's easily one of my favorite college basketball players. Smooth, not easily rattled, a floor if not team leader, task oriented, strong and effective.

Just all around. Learning he was a scholar, too, was icing for me. He will emerge with all the options anyone could hope for. And, he has earned every one of them. Cheers to his mom, too. And you.

all the best,

thanks gamagin! He was in Jesuit school from 6th grade to 12th, so that has a lot to do with his work ethic and commitment to success. He was told his entire life, no grades, no sports. Luckily for him, learning comes very very easily. I hear other kids talking about how wicked smart he is :) he was taking 12th grade honors physics in 10th, etc. He's just awesome. I would sacrifice everything I have in order for him to succeed. He will make an impact in this world, I believe that with all my heart! (not to wax poetic or anything).

HillBillyZag
05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Now that Family and hoops has been covered , lets hear your opinion on Orb? Does the Derby Winner have what it takes to run the table? I lost all my allowance betting on Revolutionary.

LynetteG
05-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Now that Family and hoops has been covered , lets hear your opinion on Orb? Does the Derby Winner have what it takes to run the table? I lost all my allowance betting on Revolutionary.

ORB!!!!!!!!!! He looks like a monster!
http://c482944.r44.cf2.rackcdn.com/Orb_Breeze_615_X_400_orig.jpg

ZagaZags
07-15-2013, 11:10 PM

This was a hint.

ZagaZags
07-16-2013, 12:47 AM
This was a hint.

Now things may have changed.

Zippyzaggy
07-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Do you really think I would just make #### up just to get blasted on GU Boards?? REALLY?????? .

Yes, I do.

You asked the question and I answered it. Odd that you would go ballistic and use profanity but that is besides the point. You have been wrong and "blasted" on here before. This is a fact and not my doing. Please don't take it out on me because you are what, embarrased?

Now, perhaps I remember you from another site and the way you behaved. It may be clouding my expectations of your "predictions" because they were not on point there either. Please by all means hit a home run and I'll be the first to congratulate you.

Go Zags!