PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED preseason top 25

RRZagFan
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
This is from ESPN
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9222871/an-updated-look-top-25-2013-14-season-ncaa-men-college-basketball

RRZagFan
04-29-2013, 07:36 AM
KATZ takes a look too

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/9223177/a-rebuttal-early-top-25-ranking-2013-14-college-basketball

exclusivelee
04-29-2013, 07:38 AM
17. Gonzaga Bulldogs: The lasting image college basketball fans have of Gonzaga is the No. 1-seeded Zags falling to Wichita State in the round of 32 last season. But one loss shouldn't spoil an entire season or change the perception of a team. Gonzaga was a top-10-caliber squad all season and could be again in 2013-14. Losing 7-foot center Kelly Olynyk a year early to the NBA draft will definitely sting -- he averaged 17.8 points and 7.3 rebounds as a junior. Almost equally damaging is the graduation of Olynyk's frontcourt mate, Elias Harris, who is one of the top rebounders in school history. Still, Gonzaga boasts a solid cast of returnees in guards Kevin Pangos, Gary Bell and David Stockton and forward Sam Dower. Coach Mark Few is also excited about the potential of 7-foot center Przemek Karnowski, who averaged 5.4 points as a freshman. More help in the paint could be on the way if either Mike Moser (UNLV) or Josh Davis (Tulane) elect to transfer to Spokane. The Zags are on the radar of both players.

#17 looks pretty good despite our losses

RRZagFan
04-29-2013, 09:30 AM
now that nba deadline has passed,new one for them also Zags at #16

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/22166975/top-25-and-one-postnba-declaration-deadline-rankings-see-cards-rise

siliconzag
04-29-2013, 10:02 AM
That made the final four, nearly beat the National Champions head to head, plays excellent defense and rebounds very well, who has one of the smartest coaches in the game. They return every single starter.

This team is rated 12th and 16th in these two polls. What Rodney Dangerfield said.

Wichita State is at least a top ten if not a top five team going into 2013-14 season. As a Creighton fan I can honestly say, I won't miss you when your gone Wichita!

Sili

BTW, Creighton could be a sleeper. I agree with Katz. I am worried about the void left by Echenique however.

Saxon_zag
04-29-2013, 11:36 AM
That made the final four, nearly beat the National Champions head to head, plays excellent defense and rebounds very well, who has one of the smartest coaches in the game. They return every single starter.

This team is rated 12th and 16th in these two polls. What Rodney Dangerfield said.

Wichita State is at least a top ten if not a top five team going into 2013-14 season. As a Creighton fan I can honestly say, I won't miss you when your gone Wichita!

Sili

BTW, Creighton could be a sleeper. I agree with Katz. I am worried about the void left by Echenique however.

Eh yeah but they still had like what 6 losses in the missouri valley? The run in the tournament was great but not sure it automatically solidifies top 10. They just took advantage of the great draw that should have been the zags' lol

maynard g krebs
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM

Armstead and Hall were listed as seniors in 2012-13.

gamagin
04-29-2013, 03:59 PM
just think, yesterday, there were some lamenting and wringing hands over the end of GU basketball life as we know it.

After all Conan dropped our name in a great joke on our president. Media, we were told, the ba$tards, had turned on us and things were so bad perceptually (whatever that means) we even might lose our national t.v. contract.

then, today, despite a call for a great inescapable depression, we are ranked 17 pre season. In the nation. At least those media ba$tards have salvaged themselves, temporarily, with this vote.

Until next time. Which could, of course, be, and usually is, anytime.

Stay tuned . . .

MDABE80
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
From the Coug Board:

Re: Transfers out there - Gonzaga could get a big boost

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They could land Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, that still won't get 'em out of the 2nd round of the tournament"

Yes.....it's over.............of course it is. Winning will help but there will remain a certain poison.

Hoopaholic
04-29-2013, 07:19 PM
And likewise for the cougs they could get half the lakers and still be lucky to hold their head above water to keep from drowning