PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Zag Campus, Mike Moser

BobZag
04-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Enjoy your visit, getting to know the players and staff, and the crispy cool spring days.

Kiddwell
04-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Enjoy, Mr. Moser!

:]

Reborn
04-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the best university in the West, and the best basketball program too. I hope we will soon see you in a Zag uni.

enjoy

Go Zags!!!

MDABE80
04-28-2013, 10:39 AM
We're about 15 miles from brilliant sunshine as depicted on the satellite. Let's get some SUN in here for his visit!!!

thespywhozaggedme
04-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the best university in the West, and the best basketball program too. I hope we will soon see you in a Zag uni.

enjoy

Go Zags!!!

As long as it's in addition to and not instead of Josh Davis.

MDABE80
04-28-2013, 11:03 AM
We need 2 bigs. Major losses with Kelly and Elias. Ween athletic rebounding bigs who can put up major numbers. We do NOT have that now......It's crazy to think 33 ppg and 15 rpg can be replaced. Not by one anyway. Kelly did well in part because Elias couldn't be left along. Same with Elias. Both top notch players too.
3 are being look at. In my view we could use all of em. We might get them too......big time players.

exclusivelee
04-28-2013, 11:13 AM
We need 2 bigs. Major losses with Kelly and Elias. Ween athletic rebounding bigs who can put up major numbers. We do NOT have that now......It's crazy to think 33 ppg and 15 rpg can be replaced. Not by one anyway. Kelly did well in part because Elias couldn't be left along. Same with Elias. Both top notch players too.
3 are being look at. In my view we could use all of em. We might get them too......big time players.

I'll be happy with gaining just one 5th year big between Davis and Moser. We do not need 2. Dower has earned a spot as a starter and should finally get starter's minutes; he may be somewhat a liability on defense, but his offensive production is big. I doubt Few & Co. would want to redshirt both Edwards and Meikle.

cggonzaga
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
I'll be happy with gaining just one 5th year big between Davis and Moser. We do not need 2. Dower has earned a spot as a starter and should finally get starter's minutes; he may be somewhat a liability on defense, but his offensive production is big. I doubt Few & Co. would want to redshirt both Edwards and Meikle.

You had me until the last sentence. Few and Co. definitely would like to redshirt both guys. If we get Moser/Davis that gives us 4 bigs with Sam, Karno and the other 5th year senior we can't talk about. The 2 frosh will most certainly redshirt.

MDABE80
04-28-2013, 12:36 PM
And I suppose one kid will make up for two WCC all league kids.......one being 1st team AA....... something tells be otherwise but that's just me I guess;)

bballbeachbum
04-28-2013, 02:12 PM
would love to watch him play his last season as a Zag. could be a win win situation with the fit. good player

Oregonzagnut
04-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Oh lets see....UW or Zags? No brainer.... GONZAGA!!! Play for a national championship contender, not just a Pac 12 run of the mill 20 win pretender.

GonzaGAW
04-28-2013, 05:19 PM
mr. moser,

welcome to the gu campus, Spokane and zag nation, as you can see your visit is much anticipated and appreciated.

please consider in Spokane basketball is king, you will gain our attention and national attention. we have a spot open for you! coach and players are top notch each and everyone of them. you'll have a blast if you come on board.

once a zag always a zag, you will have a loyal following after your playing days with Gonzaga are over.

sincerely,

GonzaGAW

Reborn
04-28-2013, 09:08 PM
As long as it's in addition to and not instead of Josh Davis.

first things first...we'll pump up Davis when he comes.

Go Zags!

SteelZag
04-28-2013, 10:10 PM

People seem to be comparing Davis and Moser's stats with PK and Dower's minutes. We have no need for more than one transfer. I would love to get either Davis or Moser for next year. The down side is having all four. I've read post's where people say Few has never had a double digit rebounder. Either new recruit isn't going to be a DD rebounder under Few's system. They will simply be a new tool.

As has been mentioned in many threads, our team will be moving towards an inside/out type of offense and I don't see that changing much.

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2013, 07:26 AM
People seem to be comparing Davis and Moser's stats with PK and Dower's minutes. We have no need for more than one transfer. I would love to get either Davis or Moser for next year. The down side is having all four. I've read post's where people say Few has never had a double digit rebounder. Either new recruit isn't going to be a DD rebounder under Few's system. They will simply be a new tool.

As has been mentioned in many threads, our team will be moving towards an inside/out type of offense and I don't see that changing much.

That was if we don't get either JD or MM. Few's no dummie, JD is the leading returning rebounder in the country.

cjm720
04-29-2013, 07:45 AM
That was if we don't get either JD or MM. Few's no dummie, JD is the leading returning rebounder in the country.

Even if we do, we'll be more guard oriented with the addition of Coleman. My impression of Davis is that he's a great rebounder because of his all out hustle and intuition, not so much because of size or position.

CDC84
04-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Mike Moser, as a sophomore, and Josh Davis last season averaged more points per game than any returning Zag player. Neither guy will be just a "tool." They would be a featured component of the GU offense.

As excited as I am about next year's backcourt guys and how much GU's perimeter play will be improved with the addition of Coleman, Bell and Pangos (especially) still haven't proven that they can consistently score and be highly effective against tall, quick, athletic backcourts. Until that changes, GU is going to have to rely quite a lot on its frontcourt players for offensive production.

Kiddwell
04-29-2013, 09:12 AM
So, how'd the visit go? Anyone?

:]

23zagmd
04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Have some of you people lost your damn minds????

PK is and continues to be a project. I'm surely not saying that the kid isn't going to be a solid player and I love his heart, his motor and his passing ability. But people, he is a very long way from being a top flight Top 20 center. He had a ton of trouble finishing at the rim, almost seemingly refuses to dunk the basketball, doesn't have a face up game at all, and is a pretty inconsistent rebounder. Add to that, he needs to get stronger and drop some weight and IMHO we are looking at his junior year before he starts making a real impact.

SD is an enigma to me, the tools all seem to be in place but the complete lack of offensive rebounding, his mediocre def rebounding, his ball protection, his defensive footwork and positioning(which just confuses me more because his Off footwork is very solid) and his apparent lack of a mean streak all really concern me with him ever Breaking Out as many will claim.

I think both of these guys are solid back up, role players right now but if you ask me if I want to go to the NCAA tournament with these two as my starting front court, I say, "I'll pass and go after the two mentioned transfers and maybe a JUCO to shore up these positions.

If we know one thing, MF is going to use about 25 games to tinker with lineups to get him to a 7 man rotation come March.

I say sign them both up!

MDABE80
04-29-2013, 09:26 AM
If anyone thinks Karno is starter ready,,,,,well think again. He isn't ,wasn't and won't be for a while....a full year I'm thinking. OK.....so that leaves Sam...one guy.....limited to his one hand and limited by motivation.
Where's the bigs?? Does anyone seriously think we need only one? Right now, as far as Starters go, we have close to zero. We havce a very big project and we have a one dimentional lefty. Still think we need only one?

HenneZag
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
I would have to agree mostly with 23 Zag. SD has put in the time and deserves that starting spot come fall. Are their question marks, absolutely...a ton! SD is great off the pick n pop and shooting just inside the arc; what concerns me is his face up game and his tenacity around the rim, something that he struggles with to say the least, he has a tendency to force things up, his footwork lacks and he is prone to drawing ill advised fouls...the fouls concern me because this was with the limited minutes he was getting, what happens when he has starter minutes?

I do like SD's game, its almost unfair me to come out and knock on him because he simply has not had the opportunity to be the guy yet. His time is now and we will see how he transforms in this role, and how his game changes.

PK, we saw flashes of why we love him in a GU uniform and I believe the best is yet to come. Very raw right now which is expected, different country, different style of game. 1-2 years he will be very good. One thing PK and SD have in common is that they get frustrated very easily, they make a bad play, or don't hit the shot, you can see that they get down on themselves. They both have to learn to play through the tough droughts to be successful.

I think Both Davis and Moser could work in a ZAGS uniform, do I see this happening, no. Heck, we may not even land either guy. Will know soon.

UberZagFan
04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Will know soon.

Yes, but how soon?

JPtheBeasta
04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
If anyone thinks Karno is starter ready,,,,,well think again. He isn't ,wasn't and won't be for a while....a full year I'm thinking. OK.....so that leaves Sam...one guy.....limited to his one hand and limited by motivation.
Where's the bigs?? Does anyone seriously think we need only one? Right now, as far as Starters go, we have close to zero. We havce a very big project and we have a one dimentional lefty. Still think we need only one?

It's gonna be an interesting, guard focused year, IMO. Sam will probably win us a couple of games with hot shooting and be a no-show for even more, if the past is any prediction of the future. Neither Karno or Dower have the motor of E or Kelly. I'm confident that someone will step up because someone always does, but it's a little scary right now.

Do we lose Dower mentally if we sign both of these guys up? If so, does it matter? (Ie are they both significantly better?)

HenneZag
04-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Dower needs to embrace the challenge if for some reason we do sign both Davis and Moser. Like I said before I think their is a very slim chance IMO of getting both. If Dower wants to be the man, come out and show it, be a leader and step like Sacre and KO did in there last year as a ZAG. SD needs the confidence and the fire to lead this team. Like Pete Carrol does with Seattle, he creates competition and the best play. If Dower wins the competition then he plays significant minutes and starts, on the other hand he comes off the bench; its his spot to lose.

What we need is a tenacious rebounder, we lose out significantly this year with the departure of E and KO. Davis clearly better on the glass, Moser maybe a game that is more balanced. Im just speaking for myself here because I haven't seen them play. Davis to me stands out just a bit more, but I would be happy with either one of these guys.

I do believe as most posters do that this years team will revolve around guard play, Pangos/Bell/Coleman etc. Last year with KO was pretty much punch it in to him and let him go to work. Alot of unknowns at this point but I think our team will be fine.

Side Note- Watched Coleman play @ Kraziness last year and he is going to be fun to watch, very quick and brings that east coast toughness that we need.

RRZagFan
04-30-2013, 10:54 AM
saw this on ducks board,sounds like a couple days before we know
http://t.co/dv2TnxK1kq

DixieZag
04-30-2013, 11:09 AM
I can see why Oregon could be a competing interest.

I can't see how the UW becomes an attractive option, unless he wants total freedom to shoot whenever and not have to be bothered by those silly "plays" and offenses.

I have to feel we have a 50/50 chance - b/c the alternative is just too horrible to imagine.

MTZag03
04-30-2013, 11:56 AM
I hope UW doesn't get him. Romar's statement about refusing to play in the CBI was sad. Then he gets in the NIT and gets rolled. As I said before, I went to UW for grad school and like the students and athletes, just not the coach. I'm all aboard the 50/50 Oregon or Gonzaga bandwagon.

cjm720
05-01-2013, 12:25 PM
This is harder than waiting for KO's decision...

VaBeachZAG
05-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Not only did UW get rolled in the NIT, they got rolled by the third or fourth best team in the WCC! It is almost inconceivable that Moser would select the 2013/14 version of UW over the Zags. I think the real competition, if any, is with Oregon. Lets wrap up Moser, then let's get Davis! With both of these guys on-board, we would likely be back in top ten territory with another shot at a run in the tournament. I know of no other team in the mix for these two that can honestly make the same claim. Since both guys reportedly want to be in the tournament their last year, the coaches should make this hard sell to bring them on board.

Reborn
05-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Have some of you people lost your damn minds????

PK is and continues to be a project. I'm surely not saying that the kid isn't going to be a solid player and I love his heart, his motor and his passing ability. But people, he is a very long way from being a top flight Top 20 center. He had a ton of trouble finishing at the rim, almost seemingly refuses to dunk the basketball, doesn't have a face up game at all, and is a pretty inconsistent rebounder. Add to that, he needs to get stronger and drop some weight and IMHO we are looking at his junior year before he starts making a real impact.

SD is an enigma to me, the tools all seem to be in place but the complete lack of offensive rebounding, his mediocre def rebounding, his ball protection, his defensive footwork and positioning(which just confuses me more because his Off footwork is very solid) and his apparent lack of a mean streak all really concern me with him ever Breaking Out as many will claim.

I think both of these guys are solid back up, role players right now but if you ask me if I want to go to the NCAA tournament with these two as my starting front court, I say, "I'll pass and go after the two mentioned transfers and maybe a JUCO to shore up these positions.

If we know one thing, MF is going to use about 25 games to tinker with lineups to get him to a 7 man rotation come March.

I say sign them both up!

Things can change in one year believe me, and especially between the Freshman and Sophomore year. And sometimes when a bench player finally gets his chance to start his Senior year. I've seen both of these happen alot in NCAA basetball over the years. The theme for next year I think is CHANGE. I'm not sure where it's coming from but it's coming for sure.

GUnawinit
05-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Without hunting down their stats and Bball history, would someone be nice enough to share that with me?

thespywhozaggedme
05-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Without hunting down their stats and Bball history, would someone be nice enough to share that with me?

By "hunting down" you mean clicking on ESPN.com? Man you're lazy, but I'm lazy to on occasion, so from one lazy bro to another; here you go:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/45541/josh-davis

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/46166/mike-moser