PDA

View Full Version : Is a visit by Josh Davis set?

BobZag
04-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Seems only logical that a visit would be set up.

jimmy b
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Seems only logical that a visit would be set up.

From what I've read and seen, I'd think he'd be better for us than MM.

BobZag
04-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Was told he wants to finish finals at Tulane before visiting schools. That's roughly two weeks, I'm told.

jimmy b
04-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Was told he wants to finish finals at Tulane before visiting schools. That's roughly two weeks, I'm told.

Makes sense, but makes things interesting with Mike Moser supposedly deciding in a few days if not sooner.

Some opinions I respect prefer Davis. That said, I think either work.

VaBeachZAG
04-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I think BOTH work together just fine. I know some, if not many, fear that if we got both Moser and Davis that PK would leave. I guess that's always a possibility. However, PK has a whole lot of work ahead of him if he wishes to be a big time college player. GU should not simply be an incubator for PK to slowly develop. The best for PK's development is to compete against the best. He got that experience this last season with an all-american, and I have no problem making him compete again this year against very high level D-1 talent (i.e., BOTH Moser and Davis). If PK wants more playing time, he must work hard and develop the skills that can put him on the floor. Otherwise, he can ride the pine, or move on. This sounds harsh, but that's the reality of big time athletics. I, for one, would love to see PK come back this fall and earn a starting position over Moser/Davis. But he's got to desperately want it and earn it. If he can't do it, I want the best possible bigs on the floor for GU, which could well include BOTH Moser and Davis!

CDC84
04-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Getting Davis and Moser would allow PK to redshirt. I don't think he would be adverse to the idea after witnessing what the experience did for Olynyk. It was partly responsible for making him into a NBA first round draft pick. After his redshirt year, PK would have all the playing time in the world because GU would only get Davis and Moser for one season.

The bottom line is that PK is never going to be the best player he can be until he transforms his body. Whether he does that through the offseason, or through a redshirt year.

That being said, it just seems unlikely that GU would land both Davis AND Moser.

UberZagFan
04-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Getting Davis and Moser would allow PK to redshirt. I don't think he would be adverse to the idea after witnessing what the experience did for Olynyk. It was partly responsible for making him into a NBA first round draft pick. After his redshirt year, PK would have all the playing time in the world because GU would only get Davis and Moser for one season.

The bottom line is that PK is never going to be the best player he can be until he transforms his body. Whether he does that through the offseason, or through a redshirt year.

That being said, it just seems unlikely that GU would land both Davis AND Moser.

Huh? It may be in PK's best interest to red-shirt but not GU's. Wouldn't that only leave 3 "bigs" with the likelihood of Edwards & Meikle redshirting? Those two need a RS more so than Karno. Or are you assuming that Nunez can take some of the 4/5 minutes?

CDC84
04-29-2013, 12:59 PM
They can always pull PK out of his redshirt if necessary.

PK only averaged 6 MPG in Gonzaga's last 13 games of the season. His PT started tapering off in mid-December. He didn't see a lot of meaningful minutes. And most of the time he saw the floor during WCC play was during blow outs....games where the score was so far out of reach that Mike Hart could've played center.

If GU were to miraculously land Moser and Davis, the one problem with redshirting PK is that GU would have a 3 man frontcourt rotation of power forwards. Granted, Moser and Davis are high level rebounders, but it helps having a massive 7 footer in the middle at times.

This discussion is rather meaningless because I just can't see Davis committing here if Moser does or vice versa.

BobZag
04-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Karno didn't come all the way from Poland so he could redshirt. No way he redshirts.

Zags11
04-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Karno didn't come all the way from Poland so he could redshirt. No way he redshirts.

agree

cggonzaga
04-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Agreed as well BZ. I think there's a bit of a misconception about Kelly's redshirt. From what I've heard Kelly didn't improve a great deal over the redshirt year. In fact he dominated many practices and was considered one of the best players on the team. He took the redshirt year to play mega minutes his junior and senior years. Nobody knew he'd be ready to go pro after this year. More than anything he improved his body a bit but mostly it was just a very unique situation. I don't see a new trend starting of kids redshirting after already playing a year or two.

CDC84
04-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, again, it's not likely to happen anyway because the odds of Moser and Davis both committing to GU are close to zero.

DixieZag
04-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Well, again, it's not likely to happen anyway because the odds of Moser and Davis both committing to GU are close to zero.

When have odds stopped this board from dreaming?

Odds, we don't need no stinking odds!

Just kidding, I suspect you are right.

I also suspect that Karno will not be redshirting and will be considerably better than most here think. I thought that he played very well early and then lost his confidence.

CDC84
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM
But dreams can sometimes come true.......

3zagda
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
I really wish Josh Davis would visit soon. He is my first choice as a transfer power forward. I am concerned if Moser declares for GU, Davis will go elsewhere. I see that Tulane undergraduate exams end 5/11, & graduation commencement is 5/18. He may not visit GU for a few weeks.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I graduated from Tulane. Heck I hardly knew they had a basketball team!