PDA

View Full Version : Rob and the Lakers--Playoff

ID ZAGFAN
04-24-2013, 09:07 PM
The Lakers have lost the first 2 games at the Spurs. Rob did not play in the first game, but he played 1:06 at the end of the second and got one rebound.

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN
04-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Rob did not play in game 3, but he played the last 3:08 in the blowout. He had 1 rebound, 1 steal, in the last Laker game of the season.

ZaGRanny

ID ZAGFAN
04-29-2013, 11:58 AM
I am guessing from exit interviews:
Read from the bottom up. I'll add any new ones. The interviews will be posted on the Lakers site later for on demand viewing.

1m
Mike Trudell ✔ @LakersReporter

Mike Trudell ✔ @LakersReporter
Of course. He's the man. RT @dwong_: Robert Sacre was pure gold in front of that mic. Pure. Gold.

I pressed Sacre on his next tattoo plans: "Come on man, I gotta save something for "Backstage Lakers!" cc: @TWCSportsNet
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 1m

All the veterans love Sacre ... the 60th pick had a constant smile all season, regardless of hardly ever playing.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 2m

Sacre now dishing about his rookie duties, especially on the road, and his bench cheering, motivated by wanting his teammates to feel good.
Expand
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 4m

Sacre said that defending Howard and Gasol in practice was as tough as you'd expect it ... you're in trouble either way.
Expand

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 4m
Asked Sacre about Kobe. "The myths are true ... he really does come in in the middle of the night." Called it "an honor" to play w/him.

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 9m
Summary of Robert Sacre's 2012-13 exit interview: http://on.nba.com/15Vb8TC

Robert Sacre: 2013 Exit Interview
Published by Mike Trudell on April 29, 2013 12:12 pm in Exit Interviews.
Robert Sacre started three games and appeared in 32, splitting time between the D-League and the Lakers in his rookie season. The 60th pick averaged 1.3 points and 1.1 rebounds in six minutes, and played a total of four postseason minutes recording two boards and one steal.

Sacre is extremely well liked by his teammates, handling the various demands of a rookie with a constant smile. Below is a summary of his exit interview:

- Sacre’s overall thought on the season: “I definitely learned a lot this year. I think at the end of the day I’m glad to be with a great group of guys.”

- On what he learned from veterans like Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash? “I think their work ethic – you take guys like Kobe, you hear myths that he comes in in the middle of the night, and that’s really what he does. You see that Nash is always one of the first guys in. It’s (really impressive).”

- On practicing against Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol: “Again, it’s an honor. I’m super excited about playing against (them). It depends on what kind of day it is … if I want to get hit, I’d (take Dwight). Pau is one of the most skilled big men ever.” Basically, he was in trouble either way, but he learned a ton playing against them.

- On his time in the D-League: “Glad I went to the D-League to play. Later in the year, coach was shortening up the bench and I wasn’t seeing a lot of playing time. I’m a competitive guy and I know what he was trying to do. I’m not going to fuss and moan and groan about it. I took it as I can only get better and focus on what I need to do to get better. I can’t complain!”

- Sacre went on to discuss some of the more taxing parts of being a rookie, like waking up every morning on the road to deliver bags … but he took it all in good spirit. I then asked him if he had any tattoos planned, he said of course, but declined to share of what: “I have to save something for (Time Warner Cable Sportsnet’s) “Backstage Lakers!”

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN
04-29-2013, 07:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2013/04/29/13exitsrobertsacremov-2462905

Be patient--an ad comes up and you think it's over, then a pause and Rob. It is much more fun to watch him then read the twitters or summaries.

ZaGranny