PDA

View Full Version : Suuport Kelly

stevet75
04-23-2013, 10:05 AM
ESPN has a poll about Kelly's NBA future.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/

Sroll Down to the poll

NotoriousZ
04-23-2013, 10:17 AM
I voted for All-Star.

Currently:

All-Star 2%
Starter 19%
Backup 51%
Bust 28%

zag944
04-23-2013, 11:04 AM
So hard to judge until he goes to a team. Id hate for him to go to a dud franchise with circulating coaches and GMs.

I think he'll respond to great coaching and training better than most. I think he'll have a hard time getting by on raw athleticsm and talent than most. Forunately, he has some good franchises picking in what I estimate his range to be. Dallas, Utah, OKC (although Id perfer he didnt go to the last one).

ZagLawGrad
04-23-2013, 11:42 AM
At best he'll be a back-up, but I tried to vote him higher.

UberZagFan
04-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Nearly 3/4ths of the country does not think he'll be a bust. That's got to be worth something, right?

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Realistically, a large % of lottery picks are "busts" to at least some degree.

kitzbuel
04-23-2013, 01:01 PM

Mainly because you pretty much have to be a Lottery pick to be eligible for consideration as a bust.

zag944
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM

Kind of what I was thinking too.

"Backup" casts a very wide net, and some draft classes are incredibly weak, but in most cases Id consider a career backup to be some degree of a bust for a lottery pick. Certainley can have a nice career and get set up for life financially, but a bust as far as a GM would be concerned.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Mainly because you pretty much have to be a Lottery pick to be eligible for consideration as a bust.

We may have our wires crossed. I'm not saying that a large % of busts are lottery picks -- only that a large percentage of lottery picks are eventually considered to be "busts."

basketballzag
04-23-2013, 01:41 PM
A large percentage are busts because they are drafted on potential only. KO is unique in that he has a high level basketball IQ and he is still growing into his game even though he is older than most of the other draft picks. I will say this IMHO he offers more to an NBA team than any other Gonzaga player since John Stockton. Speaking with others he has a real shot of becoming the NBA's rookie of the year in 2014. It would not surprise me if a NBA team with a top 8 draft pick trades their pick downward to grab KO at the 9 or 10 spot. The scouts with the Pelicans don't see him slipping past 14. I'll keep my fingers crossed that if he doesn't land with the Pelicans that he lands with his childhood dream team Toronto.

Gonzaga has also made a spectacular name for itself within the NBA community as producing players with high basketball IQs, have terrific on/off court personalities, and are very low maintenance teammates.

Good luck to EH as well. I don't think a late 2nd round pick is out of the question for him if he does well during the workouts because he has many of the same attributes that KO has which is something that teams really like.

Of course I have to give myself a disclaimer because Dell Demps & Monty Williams over analyzed and picked Darius Miller instead of Rob Sacre. I know Williams wanted Sacre really bad because he was deadset on drafting him. I still don't see KO going below 14

hooter73
04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
After seeing how he changed his entire game in one year, I voted starter. He'll do what is needed to get wherever he wants to go.

rennis
04-24-2013, 07:12 AM
If Klay Thompson can start (for a playoff team) then KO can. That's about all I know.