nonzagzag
04-19-2013, 09:32 PM
thinks they'll be fine:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball

willandi
04-20-2013, 06:18 AM
thinks they'll be fine:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball

But what does HE know! He isn't even a member of this forum!

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Goshzagit
04-20-2013, 06:41 AM
there should be an (*) associated with the thread title.

Yes, Gary Parrish thinks we'll be fine; however, this is based upon the assumption we'll land either Mike Moser OR Josh Davis.

Without one or the other, we are one of ridiculously and dangerously thin in the frontcourt. Too thin to compete long-term as of now.

As good of stories as Ryan Edwards and Luke Meikle are, they aren't remotely close to D1 contributors for at least 3 yrs. It is what it is.

Tough to admit, but we are desperate for Moser and I'm fine with that.

jazzdelmar
04-20-2013, 06:49 AM
sans KO and a decent transfer big, this prediction is hallucinatory....just lazy fill sportswriting...

GoZags
04-20-2013, 07:35 AM
there should be an (*) associated with the thread title.

Yes, Gary Parrish thinks we'll be fine; however, this is based upon the assumption we'll land either Mike Moser OR Josh Davis.

Without one or the other, we are one of ridiculously and dangerously thin in the frontcourt. Too thin to compete long-term as of now.

As good of stories as Ryan Edwards and Luke Meikle are, they aren't remotely close to D1 contributors for at least 3 yrs. It is what it is.

Tough to admit, but we are desperate for Moser and I'm fine with that.

I wouldn't discount Tommy when speculating on what the '13/'14 lineup will look like.

DixieZag
04-20-2013, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't discount Tommy when speculating on what the '13/'14 lineup will look like.

Appreciate that.

All of us without an inside relationship to what is really going on over there tend to forget that Harris really came to us out of the blue - as I recall, none of us really knew what to expect, certainly not an instant starter and top 5 Zag all-time.

Doubt another "Harris" is in the works (but who knows) but I also doubt the staff could let a hole that big sit wide open going into next year. If past is any indication, early this summer we will likely hear about one or two bigs with last names that are tough to pronounce - like Harris.

rijman
04-20-2013, 08:28 AM
I remember there was a lot of concern in this forum when Sacre left, there was much speculation the Zags wouldn't be able to replace him. Kelly stepped up and this Zags team reached new heights. I don't know how the Zags are going to replace Kelly, Harris and Hart, but I have a feeling they'll be more than fine next season.

GoZags
04-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Appreciate that.

All of us without an inside relationship to what is really going on over there tend to forget that Harris really came to us out of the blue - as I recall, none of us really knew what to expect, certainly not an instant starter and top 5 Zag all-time.

Doubt another "Harris" is in the works (but who knows) but I also doubt the staff could let a hole that big sit wide open going into next year. If past is any indication, early this summer we will likely hear about one or two bigs with last names that are tough to pronounce - like Harris.

Here's the deal. Nobody truly has an inside relationship. There are some folks that get a tidbit here, or tidbit there -- but regardless of personal friendships/booster status/working relationships, etc. there is the simple fact that the GU staff plays things incredibly close to the vest. I've also said "nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag" and that really holds true .... for recruiting .... for potential transfers .... for the elusive foreign impact player.

One thing I DO know ..... the Gonzaga staff is pretty well on top of things, and occassionally there are posts here on the board such as "I hope they don't forget that Elias is graduating and that Kelly may declare for the draft" etc. The guys running Gonzaga basketball are actually pretty sharp ...... they are rarely surprised or blindsided.

gamagin
04-20-2013, 08:52 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498

willandi
04-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Who to believe? GoZags, Goshzagit or Jazz? I'm so confused!

GoZags
04-20-2013, 09:20 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498

C'mon G. Get with the program.

"Annie" is yesterday's news -- this is the REAL deal ... just ask Jazz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXyGbz_8fc)

jazzdelmar
04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Who to believe? GoZags, Goshzagit or Jazz? I'm so confused!

What does the little man inside you say? 😉

bigblahla
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
What does the little man inside you say? 😉

Without immediate help our interior defense will resemble swiss cheese and we will be lucky to get to 25 wins.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

DixieZag
04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Here's the deal. Nobody truly has an inside relationship. There are some folks that get a tidbit here, or tidbit there -- but regardless of personal friendships/booster status/working relationships, etc. there is the simple fact that the GU staff plays things incredibly close to the vest. I've also said "nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag" and that really holds true .... for recruiting .... for potential transfers .... for the elusive foreign impact player.

One thing I DO know ..... the Gonzaga staff is pretty well on top of things, and occassionally there are posts here on the board such as "I hope they don't forget that Elias is graduating and that Kelly may declare for the draft" etc. The guys running Gonzaga basketball are actually pretty sharp ...... they are rarely surprised or blindsided.

I was simply giving credit to those of you who do share. No one expects access to transripts of coaches meetings.

I suspect we get more inside info than most boards. Whether it is accurate info. . .
;)
Take care