PDA

View Full Version : Nunez Kelly and Elias

realtydog
04-18-2013, 03:42 PM
I was watching kelly, Elias, and Angel work out last night at Northpark with the Morrison's once again. They once again had Kelly shooting at NBA three point range (E as well)--I know people dismissed that a few nights ago when I stated that in this forum, but I think it is very telling (Angel shoots inside them)--I guess we will know for sure soon----------------Angel identifies himself as a guard---and he has a nice accurate shot (as I hinted a few days ago) but just like Monday--his handles are waaaay loose--dribbles high and loses the ball frequently (while being unguarded dibble during shooting drills) Im not trying to act like an NBA scout but it's easy to see even for a regular joe like me---hell Kelly has had better dribbling skills both nights by far-----with that said Im still very happy he's here and think he'll get coached up well

Goshzagit
04-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Angel identified himself as a "guard" in HS and that concerns me a bit, to be honest.

He's most definitely a wing and may even be a tweener/skinny/lanky PF instead.

FWIW, his ball-handling was listed as his biggest weakness by every recruiting service before he headed to Louisville.

They all said, "the kid has all the attributes and talent in the world, yet very raw, unrefined, and needs to work on the simple fundamentals."

I hope he's doing that in addition to launching area code J's every night at the gym.

SteelZag
04-18-2013, 04:15 PM
In defense of Nunez, he is coming from a program that fouls by the second dribble. He never needed to work on his handles.

zagco
04-18-2013, 04:35 PM
One of the great truisms in life is that almost every wing and post thinks they are a guard.

doctorzag
04-18-2013, 04:40 PM
I was watching kelly, Elias, and Angel work out last night at Northpark with the Morrison's once again. They once again had Kelly shooting at NBA three point range (E as well)--I know people dismissed that a few nights ago when I stated that in this forum, but I think it is very telling (Angel shoots inside them)--I guess we will know for sure soon----------------Angel identifies himself as a guard---and he has a nice accurate shot (as I hinted a few days ago) but just like Monday--his handles are waaaay loose--dribbles high and loses the ball frequently (while being unguarded dibble during shooting drills) Im not trying to act like an NBA scout but it's easy to see even for a regular joe like me---hell Kelly has had better dribbling skills both nights by far-----with that said Im still very happy he's here and think he'll get coached up well

I agree this is a telltale sign that kellys gone.

jimmy b
04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I agree this is a telltale sign that kellys gone.

I don't disagree

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-18-2013, 05:28 PM
One of the great truisms in life is that almost every wing and post thinks they are a guard.

Except for Ira Brown. That guy thought he was a defensive tackle.

It might have been fun to watch him tangle with that Defensive lineman from BYU.

Sorry about the tangent.

cjm720
04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
So Nunez isn't going to announce tomorrow?

:) thx for the post

OZZY
04-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, how was Kelly fairing shooting the NBA 3? and who was hitting the higher % of them Kelly or Elias?

tlark420
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Why were they working out at northpark? Shouldn't they have the keys to the gym?

webspinnre
04-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Why were they working out at northpark? Shouldn't they have the keys to the gym?

Sounds like that's where Ammo and his dad work out, and they were working together.

realtydog
04-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Successsful at their 3 pointers..nunez hit greater than 50% but no one was in his face either.....

kyle dixon
04-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Did we get any 40 times?

SunDevilGolfZag
04-18-2013, 08:05 PM
And who's winning the long hair contest

MickMick
04-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Mark Few put his foot down with Kelley. Told him to play inside like the big man he was.

Angel will get the same treatment.

Angelo Roncalli
04-18-2013, 08:27 PM

So, hypothetically, if during these workouts Kelly asked Adam and John Morrison for their recommendations/advice about leaving early for the NBA, what would their responses be?

MDABE80
04-18-2013, 09:16 PM
On the money Ang.........

sittingon50
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Go to your Sr. Night with the guys you came in with, your soul brothers Sam & Dave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN4DHY_9gOs

SageOfZagville
04-18-2013, 09:24 PM
The Elder Morrison rents a basket from Northpark and then turns around and charges money for anyone who wants to go through his regimen of shooting drills. He is often down there with High School kids, Junior High and Grade Schoolers.

cggonzaga
04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Mark Few put his foot down with Kelley. Told him to play inside like the big man he was.

Get the feeling you've never seen him play before. He's a wing player. Closest he's getting to the post is as a stretch 4 playing from the perimeter.

CanadianZagFan
04-19-2013, 03:15 AM
The Elder Morrison rents a basket from Northpark and then turns around and charges money for anyone who wants to go through his regimen of shooting drills. He is often down there with High School kids, Junior High and Grade Schoolers.

I am not sure if this is a jab at him or just stating what he does.

TexasZagFan
04-19-2013, 04:42 AM

How much does he charge? I might plan a vacation to Spokane. Until then, I've got a BIL that coaches middle school hoops.

Poor sucker...he married one of my wife's six sisters, before two of them moved to Dallas. Now, his house is used for the family get-togethers.

Couldn't ask for better in-laws, though I've put my foot down on spending every vacation with my wife's family.

Sorry, too much info for a Friday morning...carry on!

thespywhozaggedme
04-19-2013, 05:39 AM

Why? Angel's not a big man, he's an sf, always has been. Kelly is 7 feet tall. Angel is 6'7, 6'8.

Mr Vulture
04-19-2013, 07:41 AM
I would think Angel is most likely only playing the four if we don't bring in another big guy and KO leaves as expected. Otherwise, I think that he will be playing primarily the wing along with Barham and Coleman.

MickMick
04-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Get the feeling you've never seen him play before. He's a wing player. Closest he's getting to the post is as a stretch 4 playing from the perimeter.

I have watched how Mark Few used his taller players relative to position. If there is a size mismatch, Few posts them up regardless of position.

A 6'8" guard? . You better believe that Few will use him similar to how he used Matt.

bigblahla
04-19-2013, 08:28 AM
I have watched how Mark Few used his taller players relative to position. If there is a size mismatch, Few posts them up regardless of position.

A 6'8" guard? . You better believe that Few will use him similar to how he used Matt.

A 6'8" guard with no handles shouldn't even be in the conversation with Captain Matt.

From what I'm reading Nunez has a great shot but needs work in every other phase of the game.

Glad he's here but Matt Bouldin he will never be. If he has no handles posting him up will just be a turnover waiting to happen.

Just my opinion

Go!! Zags!!!

UberZagFan
04-19-2013, 12:22 PM
So, hypothetically, if during these workouts Kelly asked Adam and John Morrison for their recommendations/advice about leaving early for the NBA, what would their responses be?

Probably something along these lines: 3 years, $16,920,989, 2 NBA Championship rings.