PDA

View Full Version : dreaming

BULLDOG#1
04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
What if...

KO comes back, and we land one of the two coveted big transfers, and coleman is as good as advertised (slasher from the perimeter, great rebounder for his size, solid wing defender).

With a more seasoned PK, Pangos, Bell, and Dranginis...

What's the limit for zags next year?

Ezag
04-18-2013, 11:35 AM

Prob the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney! LOL :roll:

jazzdelmar
04-18-2013, 11:42 AM
"Round of 32 & Few" until that's not the case.

rennis
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM

BAHAHAHAHA!

:argh:

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
IMO, if Kelly comes back, then GU isn't as attractive to guys like Moser and Davis, as there will be far fewer available minutes in the frontcourt next season.

CDC84
04-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, but Moser and Davis are just flat out better players, at this stage, than Dower and Karnowski. Besides, no matter how much PT Moser/Davis may want, big guys can't play 35 MPG. Keep in mind, despite being a first team AA, Kelly Olynyk only played something like 25 MPG.

I would love to see KO come back and for GU to sign Moser or Davis because it might allow the staff to redshirt Karnowski in an effort to rebuild his body. If an injury happens, they could easily pull his redshirt.

whatazag
04-18-2013, 12:08 PM
IMO, if Kelly comes back, then GU isn't as attractive to guys like Moser and Davis, as there will be far fewer available minutes in the frontcourt next season.

Just don't know about that. I think one of those 2 guys would be good coming in playing for a top 10 team and getting the minutes Harris was getting last year.

SteelZag
04-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Yeah, but Moser and Davis are just flat out better players, at this stage, than Dower and Karnowski. Besides, no matter how much PT Moser/Davis may want, big guys can't play 35 MPG. Keep in mind, despite being a first team AA, Kelly Olynyk only played something like 25 MPG.

I would love to see KO come back and for GU to sign Moser or Davis because it might allow the staff to redshirt Karnowski in an effort to rebuild his body. If an injury happens, they could easily pull his redshirt.

Davis averaged 35.7 MPG last season and 34.3 MPG the season before. Given Kelly's playing time he would be expected to put up numbers more like 13 PPG and 8 RPG.

LongIslandZagFan
04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
KO coming back would negate Moser/Davis situation.

BULLDOG#1
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
KO coming back would negate Moser/Davis situation.

would it? I see them as filling in the void left by Harris. I would think them to be more interested if KO did come back -- they know the zags will be top ten and they'll be running with a returning all-American... TONs of exposure for them.

Zagcity
04-18-2013, 01:01 PM

Doh, The Sky's the limit :fingergun:

cggonzaga
04-18-2013, 03:14 PM
What if...

KO comes back, and we land one of the two coveted big transfers, and coleman is as good as advertised (slasher from the perimeter, great rebounder for his size, solid wing defender).

With a more seasoned PK, Pangos, Bell, and Dranginis...

Top 5 going into the year with a legit chance at another 1 seed. Adding Coleman and Nunez with a Moser/Davis transfer makes us a way more talented team than this past season. We'd go off as a legit title contender favorite.

That being said I don't see any of it happening.

Robzagnut
04-19-2013, 01:12 PM

Exactly. I'll never expect anything more after what happened this year. No sense getting your hopes up when it's choke city year after year.

McZag
04-20-2013, 04:58 PM
The best part of KO 's departure is the shock the world will feel when we earn a two seed next March.