PDA

View Full Version : Mike Moser

Worthington
04-17-2013, 08:18 PM
@LC_Recruiting - "UNLV transfer Mike Moser told LCR that he will be visiting Oregon and Washington this weekend and Gonzaga next weekend."

Yes pleaseeeeee

MDABE80
04-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Gadzooks will miracles never cease??? Hushhhhhhh.........mum's the word.......;) Shhhhhhh......there's more..............mum.......

webspinnre
04-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Huh, thought he'd decided on UW. Glad to hear this.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fresh-prince-gif.gif

madness
04-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Why does this seem like it's too good to be true?

MTZag03
04-17-2013, 08:47 PM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fresh-prince-gif.gif

Ah yeah. Next time give me some Carlton! Preferably from the mid 80s LDS commercial with him breaking a window with a baseball. It's so good.

And MDAbe, I have faith in your repeated "mum's the word" posts. Something good will happen.

cjm720
04-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Wow if true

GorgeZag
04-17-2013, 09:30 PM
This is what is really happening:

Romar: "Mike, thanks for wanting to transfer to the greatest program, athletic department and university in the wor... er... West Coast. Before you sign I have one favor to ask you.

Moser: " Sure thing coach, anything you want!"

Romar: "You know how "some people" are saying Oregon and Gonzaga had a better year than us?"

Moser: "Yeah coach, both of those teams had great seasons."

Romar: "Dammit that's only because Ross and Wroten turned pro!! Regardless, I want you to set up visits to both schools."

Moser: "You want me to visit UW's two arch rivals???"

Romar: "Correct, you'll visit both. Then we will set up a big press conference for you to announce that you're playing for the premiere team in the land, Washington! It will be very embarrassing for them."

Moser: "I don't know coach, seems like a lot of effort. Can't we just skip the shenanigans and just sign with you?"

Romar: "You WILL!! If not, you'll be forced to sign with the Cougars!"

Moser: " Noooooooo. Ok I'll do it."

MDABE80
04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Worthington...who is "LCR" snd who is the tweeter?
I'm kinda srurpised that this is somewhere in the tweeybird universe.

WallaWallaZag
04-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Worthington...who is "LCR" snd who is the tweeter?
I'm kinda srurpised that this is somewhere in the tweeybird universe.

lcr is the blog site left coast recruiting and the owner is jason mccleary...

http://leftcoastrecruiting.com/

sittingon50
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
So I've lost track. Is he a graduate, eligible immediately?

And why the big drop in production from the year before?

skan72
04-18-2013, 05:14 AM
So I've lost track. Is he a graduate, eligible immediately?

And why the big drop in production from the year before?

http://www.runrebs.com/2013/04/11/plagued-by-injuries-mike-moser-suffers-through-disappointing-season/

REBELS REPORT CARD

Expectations:

There seemed to be a general assumption that Moser could seamlessly move from power forward to small forward and still impact the game the way he did as a sophomore, when he posted 14 points and 10 rebounds per game. Moser put off the NBA draft to come back for his junior year, and he even made some preseason All-America teams. So you could say that expectations were high.

Performance: In hindsight, asking Moser to change positions and put up All-America numbers was simply unfair. He’s just not suited to play on the perimeter, and he struggled in that role from the opening tip of the season...Only 28 percent of his shots came around the rim this season, compared to 33 percent last year; Moser instead took more 2-point jumpers (a whopping 42 percent of his attempts came on mid-range jump shots, aka the least efficient shot in basketball) and made just 26 percent of those shots. The numbers scream “this guy is playing out of position,” but there was no alternative — not with Anthony Bennett owning power forward.

And once the injuries started to pile up — first a preseason hip injury that lingered, then the gruesome dislocated elbow that knocked him out for four weeks — it really turned into a nightmare season for Moser.

jazzdelmar
04-18-2013, 05:18 AM
Heckuva player. Always chopped up San Diego State. Perfect fit.

jimmy b
04-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Heckuva player. Always chopped up San Diego State. Perfect fit.

He is really good, a great step in for Harris. If Moser joined and KO were to come back, the team would be really stacked. Without KO, and with Moser and improvement with the bigs, still a very good team imo.

thespywhozaggedme
04-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Wouldn't he have tro sit out a year? Basically he got recruited over by Bennet and Birch.

Angelo Roncalli
04-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Wouldn't he have tro sit out a year? Basically he got recruited over by Bennet and Birch.

No. He's graduating this summer and would be eligible for next season, ala Drew Barham.

sittingon50
04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the info, all.

thespywhozaggedme
04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
No. He's graduating this summer and would be eligible for next season, ala Drew Barham.

Ah, okay thanks. Decent consolation if we lose out on Davis.

webspinnre
04-18-2013, 07:43 AM
I'd say more than decent consolation. More like 1a and 1b in my mind.

BroncoZAG615
04-18-2013, 07:49 AM
I'd say more than decent consolation. More like 1a and 1b in my mind.

Agreed. Dude is a stud when playing power forward, his natural position.

tlark420
04-18-2013, 08:07 AM
its fun to dream...who is the last "big time" transfer the zags have got....coleman was a nice get

zagapotomus
04-18-2013, 08:10 AM
its fun to dream...who is the last "big time" transfer the zags have got....coleman was a nice get

I'd say Micah

CDC84
04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Basically he got recruited over by Bennet and Birch.

I don't think so. Competent coaches - and Dave Rice is a competent coach - don't recruit over guys who average a double double and who destroy the frontline of North Carolina. Moser was considered an All American candidate entering last season. No way he was recruited over. Even a guy like John Calipari wouldn't recruit over such a player.

I think what Rice tried to do was adopt the Thad Matta philosophy of getting as many talented players on the floor as possible. He probably thought..."with Birch, Bennett and Moser on the floor at the same time, nobody could beat our frontline. Who cares what position they play." Rice clearly felt that Moser was the best guy of the trio to play out on the perimeter. His strategy didn't work out, largely because UNLV lacked a real point guard this past season. Anthony Marshall just isn't a point guard. He's inept at running offense.

Honestly, Moser's season last year was totally destroyed by injuries. He couldn't get into any kind of flow. It's amazing that he put up the stats that he did. He should've just been shut down.

I get the sense that part of the reason why Moser wanted out of UNLV had to do with some of the selfishness that plagued that team throughout much of last season. Too many egos and headcases.

Goshzagit
04-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I like that we're his final visit. Always bodes well for GU.

Its also the last weekend the rest of the guys are around campus, so...hope we really make a push for him and go all out...we need him just as much as he needs us, imo. Desperate, no, but close to it, yes.

I was under the assumption he was UW bound -- rumor had it -- so this is a pleasant surprise/development.

Good luck to us.

SanDiegoZag
04-18-2013, 10:00 AM
I like that we're his final visit. Always bodes well for GU.

Its also the last weekend the rest of the guys are around campus, so...hope we really make a push for him and go all out...we need him just as much as he needs us, imo. Desperate, no, but close to it, yes.

I was under the assumption he was UW bound -- rumor had it -- so this is a pleasant surprise/development.

Good luck to us.

Yeah, I thought it was a done deal he was headed to UW too. I would still expect him to announce his final intentions after that first weekend of trips to UW, and maybe Oregon. Although, if after visiting those two schools, he still says he plans to visit Gonzaga the following weekend...you may be able to deduce that we are his favorite. I would still be surprised if he doesn't ultimately stick with the originally linked UW. However, that would be a good indication that getting back to the tourney and actually winning a game there are not among his priorities (UNLV has lost their first game in the NCAA Tourney each of the last four years).

JPtheBeasta
04-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Doesn't a guy like this want to go play for a winner? UW seems like such a bad choice. Few also has a track record of making bigs the focal part of the offense. It seems like a good match at GU.

MDABE80
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Romar is a terrific recruiter......most of his BS is just that but he's got that gift. I wonder how many kids who leave the program would sign up there again. Unknown but it would be interesting to know. He can always point to his NBA kids.....which is what Moser is looking to.

Goshzagit
04-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Romar is a terrific recruiter......most of his BS is just that but he's got that gift.

Yep.

He can always point to his NBA kids.....which is what Moser is looking to.

Yep.

...which is what Moser is looking to.

and...yep.

Gonzaga recruits itself. You have to buy into our program, our community, our unique character(s). The opportunity to play as a Zag and proud to be one. Coach Few isn't going to be tweeting, texting, or selling fluff to anyone.

If he wants the best experience for himself and as a maturing individual/player, he'll choose GU; if he wants the best perceived experience by others looking in, he'll go to UW. Confusing, I know.

Birddog
04-18-2013, 03:37 PM
OU coach Lon Kruger, formerly coach at UNLV is making a hard charge for him. Oregon, Washington and GU may be in for a challenge.

zagzilla
04-18-2013, 03:44 PM
From ESPN:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mens-college-basketball/rumors/post?id=3643

"there's a good chance he wants to be "the man" somewhere as he only has one college season left to enhance his draft stock. To that end, Gonzaga might emerge as a darkhorse contender here as well."

Not sure how good an idea it is for coach to bring in a guy who expects to walk into the locker room and have everybody declare him "the man" so he can preen for the NBA.

Chemistry is a huge part of the GU success and a one-and-done kid who never paid his dues in the program like KO, EH, MH did may not jell with the rest of the guys if he wants everybody else to defer to him.

ZZ

jazzdelmar
04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Mike Moser's career has already had more twists and turns that he'd probably prefer. He arrived on the college scene as a top 60 recruit in the 2009 class, and ultimately ended up at UCLA. But not before originally intending to play for Arizona. The 2009-10 season proved that Westwood might not be the best fit for him, however, so he ended up transferring away from the Bruins.

That decision landed him at UNLV, where he erupted for a monster sophomore campaign. He averaged 14.0 points and 10.5 rebounds during the 2011-12 season, generating buzz as a potential All-American heading into his junior season. But injuries derailed him a little in 2012-13, and the arrival of freshman sensation Anthony Bennett in the Rebels' frontcourt seemed to hinder Moser's production. He saw his minutes drop from just over 31 a game to just over 21, and his numbers across the board dipped as a result.

Now he's looking to transfer again, and teams are lining up. Washington was immediately pegged as the frontrunner when the news came out earlier this month that he was leaving Las Vegas, and the hope in Seattle is that a likely return to school by C.J. Wilcox will help lure Moser to the Huskies. Oregon is making a push as well, and it certainly doesn't hurt that Moser is from Portland. U of A is expected to be in the mix too, though it didn't appear he'd have the easy access to big minutes in the Wildcats' frontcourt that he might get elsewhere. Of course, that was before Grant Jerrett decided to up and declare for the NBA draft. Arizona's frontcourt is still fairly full though anyway. The Wildcats would obviously be able to find playing time for a talent like Moser, but there's a good chance he wants to be "the man" somewhere as he only has one college season left to enhance his draft stock. To that end, Gonzaga might emerge as a darkhorse contender here as well. According to Left Coast Recruiting, Moser is set to visit UW and the Ducks this weekend, then travel to Spokane the following weekend.

Goshzagit
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM
OU coach Lon Kruger, formerly coach at UNLV is making a hard charge for him. Oregon, Washington and GU may be in for a challenge.

If that's the case,

Mike Moser meet Ryan Spangler.

Would be tough to compete at PF vs a future Big-12 1st teamer in Mr. Spangler.

thespywhozaggedme
04-18-2013, 04:47 PM

Spangler must like that.

sittingon50
04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Luke Lupinski before.

A very obvious understanding of the Bulldog program if he thinks someone can just come in & "be the man."

Wanna' bet he pronounces Gonzaga wrong?

cjm720
04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Grant Jarret declared? Okay....

Goshzagit
04-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Gotta think the hometown Ducks are the dark horse in landing Moser's services.

Any kid looking to land on his feet would be swayed by the glitz and the glam of Oregon's...err...Nike's state-of-the-art facilities and posh, well -- everything.

They do VERY well with commitments following on-campus visits.

Doesn't hurt that Oregon bball had a solid season for once. Honestly, and the truth hurts, yet a 12-seed making the Sweet 16 >>>> a 1 seed losing in 2nd Round, especially in the eyes of players wanting to get noticed late in a season.

The Ducks went further than we did, have arguably thee best facilities in the country, and are within easy driving distance of his entire family/friends/posse.

Tough decision, but I'm picking he's quacking not growling next season. Just the way I see it playing out.

basketballzag
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Grant Jarret declared? Okay....

And the rumor mill is predicting that Moser will replace him at Arizona.

DixieZag
04-18-2013, 07:27 PM
This is fantastic news! Admittedly, I had never heard of him, but - fantastic nonetheless!

It does mean that Kelly is leaving, right? Few would not have called him and said 'oh, we may or may not really be needing your services to be the man' - - - that call didn't go like that, right?

Not that I am trying to rain on the parade here, but

thespywhozaggedme
04-18-2013, 07:30 PM
This is fantastic news! Admittedly, I had never heard of him, but - fantastic nonetheless!

It does mean that Kelly is leaving, right? Few would not have called him and said 'oh, we may or may not really be needing your services to be the man' - - - that call didn't go like that, right?

Not that I am trying to rain on the parade here, but

Kelly was a center, Moser and Josh Davis play pf, they'd be replacing Elias. If anything the pursuit of these guys tells us how little faith Few has in Sammy being a starting caliber pf.

DixieZag
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Kelly was a center, Moser and Josh Davis play pf, they'd be replacing Elias. If anything the pursuit of these guys tells us how little faith Few has in Sammy being a starting caliber pf.

OK - - I am glad to hear that. And, well - I just hope you are right. A lot of the reading material posted above noted that he was one year to "get noticed" - a player like that might not want to join a team with a pre-season all american.

I guess it all comes down to what he wants, the ball or the win.

dunno - but, we'll know part of it tomorrow, got my fingers crossed but reality grasped and I hope that we land him, sounds like he has unlimited talent as a rebounding 4.

Edit to Add: I'm gonna keep checking this thread b/c I can picture Cali doing the Will Smith 80s thing.

TexasZagFan
04-19-2013, 04:48 AM
From ESPN:

"there's a good chance he wants to be "the man" somewhere as he only has one college season left to enhance his draft stock. To that end, Gonzaga might emerge as a darkhorse contender here as well."

Not sure how good an idea it is for coach to bring in a guy who expects to walk into the locker room and have everybody declare him "the man" so he can preen for the NBA.

Chemistry is a huge part of the GU success and a one-and-done kid who never paid his dues in the program like KO, EH, MH did may not jell with the rest of the guys if he wants everybody else to defer to him.

ZZ

+1, ZZ.

I think he'll end up in Seattle...Romar plays a "national" schedule, dont'cha know?

Can't "preen" for the NBA playing half your season against WCC teams. ;)

cggonzaga
04-19-2013, 08:13 AM

Maybe it just tells us that we only have 2 D-1 caliber bigs at this time and we need another. Can't wait for Sam to shut some of you guys up. Do I think he becomes an all American? No. But he's all league next year.

jazzdelmar
04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Maybe it just tells us that we only have 2 D-1 caliber bigs at this time and we need another. Can't wait for Sam to shut some of you guys up. Do I think he becomes an all American? No. But he's all league next year.

dower is a D1 big, just not a starter on a top 25 team.....

CDC84
04-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Maybe it just tells us that we only have 2 D-1 caliber bigs at this time and we need another. Can't wait for Sam to shut some of you guys up. Do I think he becomes an all American? No. But he's all league next year

If he becomes all league, he will shown something he has never come close to showing during his entire Gonzaga career: consistent production and toughness on both ends of the floor. There is nothing Gonzaga fans can point to at this stage in his career which suggests that he is anything more than an offensive spark off the bench. Nothing. I hope it changes.

cjm720
04-19-2013, 09:00 AM
If he becomes all league, he will shown something he has never come close to showing during his entire Gonzaga career: consistent production and toughness on both ends of the floor. There is nothing Gonzaga fans can point to at this stage in his career which suggests that he is anything more than an offensive spark off the bench. Nothing. I hope it changes.

don't you think consistent minutes would help? That's the biggest thing imo...

CDC84
04-19-2013, 09:14 AM
It's hard to give him consistent minutes when he's so bad defensively and when he gives so little attention to rebounding. He can also be turnover happy at times. It creates a situation where there is no reason to have him out there unless his shot is dropping like it did at Butler. He's a very hard player to give consistent minutes to...to allow him to play through his mistakes because his mistakes tend to pile on top of one another with no positive plays in between. When he's bad, he's really bad, and Few just has to sit him.

I sincerely hope he has an amazing senior year. Sam is a great kid.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Isn't that a bit of the chicken-and-the-egg problem? Is his inconsistent performance tied to inconsistent minutes? Or is his inconsistent minutes a product of his inconsistent performance, which CDC may be suggesting? Hard to say.

IMO, either Sam or PK will need to develop a mean streak between now and November. Every team needs some physicality down low, and I'm not so sure we have it right now.

DixieZag
04-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Isn't that a bit of the chicken-and-the-egg problem? Is his inconsistent performance tied to inconsistent minutes? Or is his inconsistent minutes a product of his inconsistent performance, which CDC may be suggesting? Hard to say.

IMO, either Sam or PK will need to develop a mean streak between now and November. Every team needs some physicality down low, and I'm not so sure we have it right now.

I am heartened that Sam got some real positive feedback later in the year when he seemed to play a little harder and blocked some shots. I realize that doing it against WCC play at home is a far cry from showing it consistently on the road, still as an optimist I like that.

Regardless this team needs rebounding bad, even if Kelly does stay, and it sounds like that is what could be available.

CDC84
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
BTW - it appears as though Gonzaga and Oregon are the leaders for Moser, and that Arizona is out.

tlark420
04-19-2013, 10:18 AM
BTW - it appears as though Gonzaga and Oregon are the leaders for Moser, and that Arizona is out.

i thought UW was the leader?

CDC84
04-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Nope. They have slid:

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Mike-Moser-will-transfer-from-UNLV-and-look-a-three-schools-127168

RRZagFan
04-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Posted on SSF

http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Mike-Moser-will-transfer-from-UNLV-and-look-a-three-schools-127168

RRZagFan
04-21-2013, 02:00 PM
done with Ducks,now Huskies,hopefully his last visit will be his best.
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNEn7Ii3KB-5YjNb4h9CrlvCFxLVwQ&url=http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskymensbasketball/2013/04/21/report-mike-moser-visits-washington/

NotoriousZ
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Sat: 64 degrees, 10% chance of rain
Sun: 61 degrees, 0% chance of rain

MDABE80
04-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Well....with Kelly and Elias gone AND with GU being national TV (cable etc) for 20 games each season I'd think this kid would be smart to chose GU. He'd get more exposure nationally thanwith the other two schools. He was very very strong last year for UNLV. Injuries heal. Hope he picks us.

DixieZag
04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Well....with Kelly and Elias gone AND with GU being national TV (cable etc) for 20 games each season I'd think this kid would be smart to chose GU. He'd get more exposure nationally thanwith the other two schools. He was very very strong last year for UNLV. Injuries heal. Hope he picks us.

Yep. It would be tough to think of a better situation to walk into and produce. Also a chance to "pad" his stats in the second half of the year. Does that help or hurt?

Oh well, we need him.

Zippyzaggy
04-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Odd way to try out the ol "one & done" thing, but I'd gladly take it.

Have we ever had a one year wonder? I know Austin Daye was strongly thinking of going pro after his freshman year...no-one else comes to mind.

thespywhozaggedme
04-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Odd way to try out the ol "one & done" thing, but I'd gladly take it.

Have we ever had a one year wonder? I know Austin Daye was strongly thinking of going pro after his freshman year...no-one else comes to mind.

Elias was a possible lottery pick after his first year.

zag67
04-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Just wondering if he declared after his weekend trips

NotoriousZ
04-23-2013, 10:10 AM

*crickets*

No news is good news I think.

BroncoZAG615
04-23-2013, 10:12 AM

Nope, he'll be visiting Gonzaga this weekend as scheduled. We've heard he's likely to arrive Sunday.

zag67
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks bronco. Fingers cross that the coaches find and sign the players the want and need

JPtheBeasta
04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Hopefully Spokane lives up to its reputation of being exactly like Paris, France.

basketballzag
04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
I have absolutely no inside knowledge or insight but my gut tells me that Moser is going to be a Zag.

Pargo the Destroyer
04-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Step back either way. Moser only fills one hole IF we land him. Shrek and Dower are not there, Maybe against the likes of South Dakota State and Pacific but not ready for the BCS teams. For every Butler game Dower had he had a handful of no shows to match. Coleman is still barely 6 feet tall. 4 guards at the 6-6'2" range. Yikes. ( ugh. I sound like vanzagger now ).

zag67
04-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Parvo you are off on Coleman. Look at the roster picture on go age
Coleman is about 2 or 3 inches taller than pangos maybe moreo

Angelo Roncalli
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Coleman is still barely 6 feet tall.

He must be shrinking. He was 6'4" at Providence and was listed as 6'3" on the GU roster. Now, barely 6'0". Probably early onset osteoporosis. Damn, I hate it when that happens.

bartruff1
04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
From ESPN:

ZZ

Bad fit at Gonzaga...he will love UW...

cggonzaga
04-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah cause no Zag wants to be the man and the coaches would never recruit that type of player. Just perfect Catholic schoolboys that only play team ball. Give me a break.

DixieZag
04-23-2013, 05:30 PM

Umm, I don't read the article as saying he has ever said that, the article speculates that he will "want to be the man" given that he has one year left. Perhaps he wants to play a lot and be a big part of the offense and have a great year - - that is a little different than a player saying "I want to be the man."

If the staff wants him, I seriously doubt he is a "me first" guy.

bartruff1
04-23-2013, 05:36 PM
I don't think they have to be catholic...

WallaWallaZag
04-23-2013, 05:40 PM
i don't remember anyone complaining about adam morrison being the man...

ZagNative
04-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Bart, go to your room.

sittingon50
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
but wouldn't Donny have been involved with Mike @ UCLA?

maynard g krebs
04-23-2013, 06:25 PM

Spewing this nonsense in both threads.... you have no idea what you're talking about, and silence would serve you better.

Players read this stuff, and it cost Wisconsin Vander Blue. Just something to keep in mind.

ZagLawGrad
04-23-2013, 07:42 PM

Someone needs to call it a day...

thespywhozaggedme
04-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Someone needs to call it a day...

Or have the bartender call them a cab.

MDABE80
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Well guys.we don't exactly have "the man" right now. We need one. A big beast who is quick up and down, one who shoots well and gobbles up rebounds. We found one.Moser...he's the first. We need him. Big deal if he's a star. We need one. Two just left. We got nothing to replace either with right now.
Let's this kid step to the challenge if he wants. Like I said, we just dont have one of his kind right now. Who knows? Maybe getting him will open the door to a few others. Peace. Now is the time to act though. He could be here all SUmmer getting this sytem down....and getting know the other players.Cupboards look a bit bare underneath right now........so lets fill em up. Go Zags!!! It only make sense...we don't exactly have a line forming aroung the Mac.

Pargo the Destroyer
04-23-2013, 08:47 PM
He must be shrinking. He was 6'4" at Providence and was listed as 6'3" on the GU roster. Now, barely 6'0". Probably early onset osteoporosis. Damn, I hate it when that happens.

Espn had him listed at 143 pounds. So am I to just take the Internet and trust it's incorrect facts or do I take my own personal observation that I've made numerous times from directly behind the zag bench? He is the same height as Kevin. Next thing you will tell me is kev is 6'4" right? Come on now.

jimmy b
04-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Espn had him listed at 143 pounds. So am I to just take the Internet and trust it's incorrect facts or do I take my own personal observation that I've made numerous times from directly behind the zag bench? He is the same height as Kevin. Next thing you will tell me is kev is 6'4" right? Come on now.

Too funny. You are right, ESPN still has at 143 lbs. He looks to me from seeing a few times to be about 6'2" - 6'3" FWIW

G
6' 4", 143 lbs

Birth DateNovember 24, 1990
HometownBoston, MA
Height6-4
Weight143 lbs

SteelZag
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Even if Coleman is under 6', which I don't believe to be the case as I tend to agree with zag67, he will be a great addition for our perimeter. His ability to get to the basket should open up the defense, giving the other players ample opportunity to score. In his last season at Providence, he went to the foul line more than Pangos, Bell, Hart and Stockton combined did this past season.

As to the OP regarding Moser, the Zags would take on a different look. A more talented backcourt while still having a more than adequate front court.
If Moser becomes a Zag, we may not attain the #1 ranking but I could easily see them start out in the top 15 and stay there all year long.

Come tourney time, it will be just as in past years. Seeding, match ups, great play and luck. And then, who knows?

ZagNative
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
From GoZags Roster page (http://www.gozags.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26400&SPID=90846&SPSID=627536&KEY=), Coleman is #22, third from the left, and clearly at least a couple of inches taller than Pangos (4), who is listed at 6-2, 182 on the official roster. Coleman's vital stats, per GoZags: 6-3 173 (measured last fall):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dcgtxEKniag/UXdz4ueNsTI/AAAAAAABf0E/6SNZseKL9hY/s800/roster%2520pic-001.jpg

Pargo the Destroyer
04-24-2013, 05:30 AM
In that pic he is a bit taller than Kevin. Anyone can obviously see that. Either way I am glad he is here and I think he makes a difference. To my original point, replacing 2 ( in this case bigs ) with one ( moser transfer ) still doesn't add up. I'm not gonna get on the negative nancy bandwagon though. This team will be good, but different. Nunez to me is going to be a huge factor. 6'8" at the 3 with some athleticism would be amazing.

BroncoZAG615
04-24-2013, 05:57 AM
From GoZags Roster page (http://www.gozags.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26400&SPID=90846&SPSID=627536&KEY=), Coleman is #22, third from the left, and clearly at least a couple of inches taller than Pangos (4), who is listed at 6-2, 182 on the official roster. Coleman's vital stats, per GoZags: 6-3 173 (measured last fall):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dcgtxEKniag/UXdz4ueNsTI/AAAAAAABf0E/6SNZseKL9hY/s800/roster%2520pic-001.jpg

Come on, ZN, don't you know that Pangos has poor posture and that Coleman is wearing lifts in his shoes. If that pic was done in actuality, Coleman would barely be up to Pangos' shoulders!!!!

NotoriousZ
04-24-2013, 06:15 AM
Come on, ZN, don't you know that Pangos has poor posture and that Coleman is wearing lifts in his shoes. If that pic was done in actuality, Coleman would barely be up to Pangos' shoulders!!!!

I know you're being funny, but it is Coleman who is slouching in that pic, so you could say he's a solid 6'4", and and maybe 6'5".

Zagcity
04-24-2013, 06:20 AM
I know you're being funny, but it is Coleman who is slouching in that pic, so you could say he's a solid 6'4", and and maybe 6'5".

Rock solid! IMO ;)

godfamilycountryzags
04-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Is it common to take measurements in shoes? I saw several players at the water park at Silverwood a few years ago, and other than Josh H., none of them looked as tall as their stats would indicate. hard to say with JH, you just don't see many people that tall to compare with. I did get a picture with JH, I am 5'6". I looked like a child next to him.

hooter73
04-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Friggen Karno is a big human being.

Bogozags
04-24-2013, 10:48 AM

Toung in cheek, maybe?