PDA

View Full Version : Perspective........move as you will

MDABE80
04-12-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/todayssportscolumn/201304110274

Surprised by this article. One of the few. Something to this though.....

DADoZAG
04-12-2013, 09:03 AM
http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/todayssportscolumn/201304110274

Surprised by this article. One of the few. Something to this though.....

Thanx Abe!

Go ZAGS!

Kiddwell
04-12-2013, 09:03 AM
:cool:

:]

cjm720
04-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks for posting...my thoughts all along. We're trending in the right direction...our time will come.

webspinnre
04-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Exactly. As much as the WSU loss hurts, and raised some concerns, the fact is, we played them as tough as anyone did, tougher than Ohio State did. I'm not happy about the loss, but let's not let that loss get in the way of our incredible season.

hondo
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I would argue that if WSU had continued to shoot they way they did against us they could have won the whole thing. They were a very good team that peaked at the right time. Yet the Zags had a chance and if Bell stays healthy we may have won that game. Much of it is about matchups but also timing.

WallaWallaZag
04-12-2013, 09:43 AM
were the zags one of the eight best teams in 1999 or whatever? ...probably not, but this year's definitely was. eventually things will turn in the zags favor, though this year's bracket did seem to provide an great opportunity. who knows, a potentially "lesser" zag team next could very well break through depending on how things fall.

MDABE80
04-12-2013, 10:47 AM
One thing though..amid all the disappointment and, of course the naysayers and critics is that we were No. 1 in AP and had a No.1 seed. It's an historical season. Those rankings will be hard to match in future seasons. AP had us at No because of the body of work......not so much what happens in the NCAA Tournament.

Hard to duplicate. BUT for some perspective.....amazing season. Best record in the country. My only concern is how we keep the sharp play of the OOC to fire up again come March. Somehow, Few needs to schedule some BCS teams for 2 or 3 games in tha waning weeks of the season. It's tricky but something needs to be done along those lines.....just my opinion.
Abe

combatcorpsmangulaw
04-12-2013, 11:10 AM
The Zags get an extraordinary amount of media (television, print media, and electronic media) attention. Couple that w/ being the Number 1 team nationally last season should definitely expand Gonzaga's recruiting universe.

The fact that you also learn to read and write while at the school as well as leaving w/ a Degree should doesn't hurt either.

The future is bright for GU mens basketball.

gonwick
04-12-2013, 08:08 PM
The Zags get an extraordinary amount of media (television, print media, and electronic media) attention. Couple that w/ being the Number 1 team nationally last season should definitely expand Gonzaga's recruiting universe.

The fact that you also learn to read and write while at the school as well as leaving w/ a Degree should doesn't hurt either.

The future is bright for GU mens basketball.

Yikes, I would hope they'd know how to do that before arrival. Sorry, couldn't resist.

On a serious note, I have often wondered what role if any education plays in these decisions. I also wonder how the jesuit angle plays. Does the religious background of the school select out a smaller chunk of recruits to start or is it a nonissue? My guess is that it is style of play, program history, and feel for the team as a unit more than anything, but it is interesting to consider what a recruit might think.