PDA

View Full Version : Austin Daye

The509sfinest
04-06-2013, 03:15 PM
This probably doesn't deserve it's own thread since this has been discussed many times before but I remember reading that Austin Daye was never a true Zag, but if you look at his twitter he has more than 4 posts about praising the zags in the past month, he loves this program, just a reminder. He's a zag to me, no matter how long he stayed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Adaye5

The509sfinest
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
6 twitter posts about the zags since march 5th to be exact

MDABE80
04-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Ok. Some didn't love him. Most did. If you've talked to him, he regards GU as his college. He liked us then and more now.

kclubfounder
04-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I loved him and I love him. He chose to be a Zag, and therefore he IS a Zag.

But I think he was closer to a Tony Wroten Jr. than a Gary Bell Jr., so call me a hater if you like, but I want more Gary Bell Jr's.

stevet75
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Do I wish he redshirted and stayed five years? Sure, but if the roles were reversed I would probably left when he did. Austin's a true Zag.

DixieZag
04-06-2013, 04:24 PM
I think most of the animosity (to the extent there was any) was mostly b/c most people didn't think he was ready to go to the NBA - - whether his game was ready or not, he proved his point by being drafted when he was. He would not have gone higher the next year. . .

No one didn't love him when he would sink one of those silky smooth 3s or hit that devastating drop step, God he was so sound and in control with his body.

rijman
04-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Daye is a true Zag, no question. The thing about Daye was he had a lot of potential and he didn't give the Zags the breakout season like Ammo and KO before leaving. One more season with the Zags and who knows, it may have been a big one. Afterall, KO and Ammo played their best in their 3rd seasons.

Oregonzagnut
04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Daye is a true Zag. Just didn't do for Gonzaga what a top 15 pick should do. Plus everyone knowing he was going early for the NBA from the get go, made it seem like he was constantly looking ahead to the NBA. But that may be just me.

I agree:
The thing about Daye was he had a lot of potential and he didn't give the Zags the breakout season like Ammo and KO before leaving. One more season with the Zags and who knows, it may have been a big one. Afterall, KO and Ammo played their best in their 3rd seasons.

Daye needed one more year at Gonzaga to build his body and his confidence. He was not prepared mentally or physically when he got drafted.

CdAZagFan
04-06-2013, 10:01 PM
My problem with Daye was that I always got the impression that it was more about him, then it was about the team. That's why I really appreciate EH - like Daye, he has the talent, but unlike Daye, he cared more about the team than about his individual accomplishments...