PDA

View Full Version : CBS Goodman transfer list (as of now)

RRZagFan
04-04-2013, 10:59 AM
He has his first list out 100 guys on it so far

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22007798/transfer-list-first-edition

LongIslandZagFan
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Pepperdine losing 2. Saw Geoerge Washington losing either 3 or 4.... What's going on there?

U Zig, I Zag
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Wonder if we will lose anyone?

LongIslandZagFan
04-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Losing 4... Gaining 2... Open schollie... Unlikely. But you never know.

MDABE80
04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
There are a few unmentionables who might be headed our way as well. They are NOT on his list. Some nice surprises.....I've ziiiiiiipppppped my mouth;)

DADoZAG
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
There are a few unmentionables who might be headed our way as well. They are NOT on his list. Some nice surprises.....I've ziiiiiiipppppped my mouth;)

A few? As in more than two?

Oh, you've really started something now, mister.

Go ZAGS!

rijman
04-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Interesting and not nearly as cryptic as some well intentioned mods around here.

thespywhozaggedme
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Justin Edwards is interesting. A Canadian sg at University of Maine, he put up crazy good #'s his freshman year and decent ones last season. Wonder why varidel is transferring from Gulf Coast; he was a great scorer off of the bench and now that Sterling Brown graduates, he could have been the starting sg. Wonder if he follows Enfiled to USC. Also noticed that Ziegler is transferring from Pitt, but he already transferred from Central Michigan; how does that work?

thespywhozaggedme
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM

One eligible right away, one havving to sit out? The question is; are the better than the guys already here?

MDABE80
04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
mum's the word friends. Spy no downgrades would be acceptable if we're going back to complete some unfinished business. MUM!

DixieZag
04-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Well THAT is intriguing.

hmmm.

cjm720
04-04-2013, 12:11 PM
How can Harrow transfer again? Nc state to Kentucky to Georgia state?

CDC84
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Harrow might be a grad transfer.

thespywhozaggedme
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
How can Harrow transfer again? Nc state to Kentucky to Georgia state?

yeah, I was asking the same about Ziegler; CMU to Pitt to ?

doctorzag
04-04-2013, 12:38 PM

Did he happen to be a six foot nine teammate of Barham`s at Memphis who is eligible to play immediatly?

thespywhozaggedme
04-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Did he happen to be a six foot nine teammate of Barham`s at Memphis who is eligible to play immediatly?

He wasn't Drews teammate, he played at Tulane, same conference as Memphis. In all honesty, that kid is a flat out stud and better than any big on our roster or transferring in. That being said, I have no idea if he has character issues or not.

DixieZag
04-04-2013, 12:43 PM

Seeing as how Abe used the term "transfers" PLURAL, maybe we should respect his wishes to not spill the beans. . . and simply ask him to name ONE of the transfers he suspects are in the works???

And please let the presumptive player to average 10 rebounds per game.

TravelinZag
04-04-2013, 12:47 PM

Glad the "unmentionables" aren't on the list; couldn't find three even worth looking at. Mostly losers from loser programs.

Hoopaholic
04-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Dang Doc...if I thought you were making your side money on hits per web site I would say you were intentionally trying to make me come back multiple times a day during the off season in hopes of seeing some info........:D

doctorzag
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
He wasn't Drews teammate, he played at Tulane, same conference as Memphis. In all honesty, that kid is a flat out stud and better than any big on our roster or transferring in. That being said, I have no idea if he has character issues or not.

No. Tarik Black from memphis is going to transfer. He was not on goodmans list. I would however much prefer Josh Davis from Tulane. Both guys are eligible right away. Abe said the guy was not on the list and Davis was on the list.

thespywhozaggedme
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Glad the "unmentionables" aren't on the list; couldn't find three even worth looking at. Mostly losers from loser programs.

That's a little harsh; the big from Tulane that we've all been salivating over was 1st team all CUSA and one of the best returning bigs in the nation. Ziegler was all rookie MAC a few years ago, Edwards is a stud 6'3 sg from Toronto that has already put up several 30+ games and was his conference's freshman of the year.

thespywhozaggedme
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
No. Tarik Black from memphis is going to transfer. He was not on goodmans list. I would however much prefer Josh Davis from Tulane. Both guys are eligible right away. Abe said the guy was not on the list and Davis was on the list.

Oh, I'm sorry, I apologize, didn't know about Black. Yeah, the Tulane kid is a STUD.

doctorzag
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
That's a little harsh; the big from Tulane that we've all been salivating over was 1st team all CUSA and one of the best returning bigs in the nation. Ziegler was all rookie MAC a few years ago, Edwards is a stud 6'3 sg from Toronto that has already put up several 30+ games and was his conference's freshman of the year.

+1

hooter73
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Transfers? Plural? Hyland, Arop, Keita and Kong are all coming back? :)

Be interested to see how this one plays out. I like the idea of D1 to D1 transfers MUCH better than Juco's.

sittingon50
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
talking about our unmentionables?

sittingon50
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Saw 3 on the list from The Mountaineers. Too bad, I like Huggy.

FWIW, Pep's 2 guard Jordan Baker got a DUI last week & some think they are going to come down on him hard.

23zagmd
04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I find the discussion about our defensive breakdowns in the tourney intereting and I've thought way to much about it......to me there are 2 issues here:

1. Personnel
2. Loyalty

These two are intertwined in this conversation because as the season wore on it became really clear that Stockton and Pangos were going to be on the court a lot together in the second half of games. Offensively, this was a good move, IMO, given their strengths. Multiple ball handlers, offensive execution, and Stocktons abiltiy to get guys shots. Also, this is where Few's loyalty and comfort level shrinking his lineup came into play.

Defensively, this was problematic as we moved into the tournament and away from our conference. We essentially ended up with both of them on the court trying to defend bigger, more athletic players that can just shoot over the top.

It would be interesting to chart playing time, individually of these two and when they played at the same time early in the year(non conf) vs. late in the year (conf). I bet the numbers are quite different.

Point being, we can get away with it in the WCC but in the tournament we need multiple 6'4" wing players out there that can defend a couple of positions. Putting these two on the court at the same time gives is 2 players that do a decent job defending the Point position only. Let's not kid ourselves by saying that either of them can defend a 6'4" shooting guard like Baker, Paul, or the kid from Southern!

Which leads me to my point on recruiting. I think we are seeing a transformation in how and what Few is going to recruit in the future. I keep reading about us not recruiting any BIGs. I don't think he is right now. I think he is focusing on bringing in a whole slew of 6'6"+ kids to help solve the problem above.

ZagsGoZags
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks Abe,
I know you could not provide details,

but it is nice to get some potentially good news

TravelinZag
04-04-2013, 03:37 PM

It was a little harsh, but if you'll look again at my post, I wrote I couldn't find THREE worth looking at. You found the two. Stand by my original statement; most are from undistinguished programs, plus a few who couldn't/didn't make it at so-so schools. All of this without knowing what academic/legal/social baggage they may be carrying.

In sum, there are a couple well worth exploring, and if they're free of baggage, would blend with the Zags chemistry and don't need further development (just time for the playbook), could be great adds!

Even so, and even with a great recruiting class for '14, it would appear that we need to adjust our expectations to very good (not great) Zag teams for the next couple of years.

Optimism comes tough after disappointment!

basketballzag
04-07-2013, 03:35 PM

No character issues at all. Tulane's coach was named after Rutgers hired their coach. Davis is ineligible to transfer because he transferred to Tulane from NC State. Conroy is losing 6 players to other schools. It's not Character issues with the players but rather one with the coach who is in the mold of Rutgers coach.

pbriz
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Devonte Elliott.... remember when we all thought he was definitely going to be a Zag?

Staff may take a look at him even though his numbers at Nevada have been less than earth shattering.

BobZag
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Devonte Elliott.... remember when we all thought he was definitely going to be a Zag?

Staff may take a look at him even though his numbers at Nevada have been less than earth shattering.

I don't recall this kid? Brain with short memory, perhaps.

ZagNative
04-07-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't recall this kid? Brain with short memory, perhaps.Yeah, I remember when we had him on the radar for a while. Lots of threads mention him, including this one (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=263418#post263418), which indicates the Zags backed off on him before his scheduled visit, which was canceled.

Seatown
04-09-2013, 12:44 AM
What are the chances we lose somebody to transfer? I was not surprised with Keita or Monninghoff transferring last year but I would be quite surprised if we lost anybody this year

ZagaZags
04-09-2013, 01:21 AM
For next season I can only see one person transferring. But I doubt that would happen.

thespywhozaggedme
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Martins Abele, 7-1, C, Jr., Duquesne
Patrick Ackerman, 6-11, F, Soph., Penn State
Anrio Adams, 6-3, G, Fr., Kansas
Jeremy Adams, 6-4, SG, Jr., Colorado (can play immediately)
Kevin Berardini, 6-0, G, Sr., Illinois (can play immediately)
Jaylen Bond, 6-7, F, Soph., Texas
Jvonte Brooks, 6-6, F, Soph., Dartmouth
Aaron Brown, 6-5, G, Soph., West Virginia
K.J. Brown, 6-2, G, Sr., Binghamton
Robert Brown, 6-5, Soph., Virginia Tech
Martin Bruenig, 6-8, F, Soph., Washington
Taran Buie, 6-2, G, Soph., Hofstra
Jordan Burris, 6-7, SG, Jr., Nevada
Dominique Bull, 6-4, G, Fr., Missouri
Jackson Carbajal, 6-3, SG, Jr., Sacramento State
Tariq Carey, 6-1, G, Fr., Quinnipiac
Casey Carroll, 6-8, F, RS Fr., Drexel
Matt Citron, 6-7, PF, Fr., Presbyterian
Aaron Cosby, 6-2, G, Soph., Seton Hall
Jalen Crawford, 6-2, G, Soph., Bradley
Dantiel Daniels, 6-5, F, Soph., Southern Illinois
Jonathan Davis, 6-7, F, Soph., George Washington
Josh Davis, 6-8, PF, Jr., Tulane (can play immediately)
Rod Days, 6-6, SF, Soph., UCF
Ibby Djime, 6-8, F, Soph., Illinois
Ivan Dorsey, 6-0, G, Jr., Eastern Washington
Justin Edwards, 6-3, G, Soph., Maine
Jon Ekey, 6-7, F, Jr., Illinois State
Devonte Elliott, 6-10, F, Jr., Nevada
Eric Fanning, 6-4, SG, Fr., Wagner
Drimir Ferguson, 5-8, G, Jr, NC Central
Chase Fischer, 6-2, G, Soph., Wake Forest
Brian Freeman, 6-8, PF, Binghamton (can play immediately)
Amir Garrett, 6-6, SG, Soph., St. John's
Jimmy Gavin, 6-2, G, Soph., Bradley
Volo Gerun, 6-10, F, Soph., West Virginia
Jerron Granberry, 6-5, G, Sr., North Florida (can play immediately)
Reggie Groves, 6-2, SG, Jr., Canisius (one year left)
D.J. Haley, 7-0, Jr., VCU
Blake Hamilton, 6-5, SG, Fr., Northern Arizona
Ryan Harrow, 6-0, PG, RS Soph., Kentucky -- GEORGIA STATE
Jabarie Hinds, 5-11, G, Soph., West Virginia
Steve Johnson, 6-7, C, Jr., Winthrop
Isiah Jones, 6-4, G, Soph., UAB
Malick Kone, 6-5, F, Soph., Rutgers
Lasan Kromah, 6-5, G, Sr., George Washington (can play immediately)
Fred Landers, 6-5, G, Soph., North Florida
Max Landis, 6-2, G, Soph., Gardner-Webb
Jarrell Lane, 6-0, G, Soph., UMBC
Devin Langford, 6-7, F, Fr., Illinois
Herdie Lawrence, 6-1, G, Soph., Austin Peay
A.J. Lynch, 6-2, G, Fr., Austin Peay
Jan Maehlen, 7-0, C, RS Soph., Pepperdine
Akosa Maduegbunam, 6-3, G, Fr., Penn State
R.J. Mahurin, 6-9, F, Jr., Indiana State -- INDIANA WESLEYAN
Kostadin Marshavelski, 6-11, C, Jr., Northeastern (graduating, pursuing professional opportunities in Bulgaria)
Chris Martin, 6-0, G, Soph., Marshall -- Mount St. Mary's a possibility
Derrick Martin, 6-9, RS Soph., PF, Duquesne
Nick Mason, 6-1, G, Jr., Idaho State
Keith Matthews, 6-5, SF, Jr., Fairfield
Sheldon McClellan, 6-4, G, Soph., Texas
Ryan McCoy, 6-9, PF, Soph., Manhattan
Stuart McEwen, 6-8, F, Fr., Old Dominion
Andre McPhail, 6-7, F, Fr., Buffalo
Earvin Morris Jr., 6-5, SF, Fr., Kent State
Cameron Naylor, 6-7, F, Fr., North Florida
Manny Ochenje, 6-8, F, Soph., Pepperdine
Teddy Okereafor, 6-3, G, Soph., VCU
Mike Orris, 6-2, G, Fr., Kansas State
Chris Page, 6-5, SG, Fr., Albany
David Pellom, 6-8, F, Sr., George Washington (can play immediately)
Chris Perez, 6-3, G, Jr., Stetson
Dylan Poston, 6-4, G, Fr., Mercer
Jodan Price, 6-5, SG, Fr., DePaul
Rodney Purvis, 6-2, SG, Fr., NC State
Cleon Roberts, 6-5, SG, Fr., Georgia Southern
Kaileb Rodriguez, 6-9, F, Fr., California
John Ross Glover, 6-4, G, Fr., Lipscomb
Julian Royal, 6-8, F, Soph., Georgia Tech
Jerome Seagears, 6-1, G, Soph., Rutgers
Justin Seymour, 6-3, G, Fr., Utah
Mike Shaw, 6-8, F, Soph., Illinois -- BRADLEY
Shayok Shayok, 6-7, F, Soph., Bradley
Jeff Short, 6-4, SG, Soph., Fordham
Rhett Smith, 6-7, F, Fr., Indiana State
Cameron Solomon, 6-3, G, Soph., Georgia State
Bernard Sullivan, 6-8, F, Soph., Clemson
Ricky Tarrant, 6-2, G, Soph., Tulane
Larry Taylor, 6-1, G, Fr., Liberty
Jake Thomas, 6-3, SG, Jr., Marquette
Jordan Threloff, 6-10, C, Soph., Illinois State
David Travers, 6-0, G, Fr., Georgia State
Zeke Upshaw, 6-6, SF, RS Jr., Illinois State
Christophe Varidel, 6-2, G, Jr, Florida Gulf Coast
Eric Washington, 5-10, G, Soph., Presbyterian
Negus Webster-Chan, 6-7, G, Fr, Missouri
Jordan Wejnert, 6-6, G, Soph., UMBC
Will Wise, 6-8, F, Soph., UMBC
Achraf Yacoubou, 6-4, SG, Soph., Villanova
Aquil Younger, 6-0, PG, Soph., Drexel
Trey Zeigler, 6-5, SG, Jr., Pittsburgh

MDABE80
04-10-2013, 12:59 PM
TWO Bigs':)

jazzdelmar
04-10-2013, 01:09 PM
all this trolling of transfer lists has an air of quiet desperation. not terribly flattering for the #1 team pro tem in the country, imo. so we are counting on landing an unhappy and/or underrecruited big to replace our two lost ones? i know it's done, but still. jaycees are dicey enough but at least they are organically moving forward. still i guess it's less unflattering than the past few years when the transfer traffic only moved out of town.

john montana
04-10-2013, 01:28 PM
what else do you do when your returning Senior all american, one of the best big men in the country is likely to declare early for the draft? You wish Spangler had stuck around (at least I do).

jazzdelmar
04-10-2013, 01:41 PM
what else do you do when your returning Senior all american, one of the best big men in the country is likely to declare early for the draft? You wish Spangler had stuck around (at least I do).

ideally, u build from within, JW. but spangler split, kelly sprouted, dower snoozed and karno is a clear "duży projekt" so we are bereft of quality bigs. ur right, but i dont have to admire or like it. smells like panic.

sittingon50
04-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Apparently a name from the past, Jordan Tebbutt is looking for a home.

The OP states he finished HS career at Oak Hill, went to Kansas but didn't play.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=11&cfg=bb&sFirstName=&sLastName=tebbutt&yr=2012

cjm720
04-10-2013, 01:54 PM
all this trolling of transfer lists has an air of quiet desperation. not terribly flattering for the #1 team pro tem in the country, imo. so we are counting on landing an unhappy and/or underrecruited big to replace our two lost ones? i know it's done, but still. jaycees are dicey enough but at least they are organically moving forward. still i guess it's less unflattering than the past few years when the transfer traffic only moved out of town.

You'd think our proven track record of euros, JCs, transfers, and developing our own players....all while becoming the #1 team would settle any anxiety. No panicking here.

MDABE80
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
cha cha cha.............two bigs.

jazzdelmar
04-10-2013, 03:21 PM
You'd think our proven track record of euros, JCs, transfers, and developing our own players....all while becoming the #1 team would settle any anxiety. No panicking here.

"Proven track record?" That's a lotta lipstick you're using. It's a track record alright, but I would grade GU at about C plus with late and overseas additions over the past five or six years. Even counting Canadians. Have you forgotten the Katzenjammer Twins and the redoubtable Bol Kong, none of whom remotely resembled D1 players? You know the rest of the list.

Zagdawg
04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
The c+ has 3 players off our roster on this years all international team--including the international player of the year.

Some folks glasses are half full -- others are just plain empty when it comes to the program.

Makes one wonder why a few of the posters here even follow such a "terrible" team-- other than to give them something to complain about.

Go Zags

jazzdelmar
04-10-2013, 04:01 PM
The c+ has 3 players off our roster on this years all international team--including the international player of the year.

Some folks glasses are half full -- others are just plain empty when it comes to the program.

Makes one wonder why a few of the posters here even follow such a "terrible" team-- other than to give them something to complain about.

Go Zags

The C plus is an overall grade. The three so called international all stars comprise most of the upside of the grade while Matt and Matt and Bol and Vilarino and on and on comprise the back side.

GorgeZag
04-10-2013, 04:47 PM
We did have a couple of pretty bad years recruiting wise. Even the Zag colored glasses crowd can admit that.

thespywhozaggedme
04-10-2013, 05:12 PM

Did Duke have an "air of quiet desperation" when they accepted transfer Seth Curry from Liberty?

thespywhozaggedme
04-10-2013, 05:13 PM
TWO Bigs':)

The only two bigs on that list that are eligible immediately are the ones we've already discussed; Davis and Pellom.

KStyles
04-10-2013, 05:34 PM
The only two bigs on that list that are eligible immediately are the ones we've already discussed; Davis and Pellom.

Brian Freeman, 6-8, PF, Binghamton (can play immediately)

6-8 forward like the other two http://i.imgur.com/92zE6eg.gif

thespywhozaggedme
04-10-2013, 05:59 PM
6-8 forward like the other two http://i.imgur.com/92zE6eg.gif

Oops, you're right, I didn't see him, my bad.

RRZagFan
04-12-2013, 08:03 AM
List continues to grow

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22007798/transfer-list-first-edition

Once and Future Zag
04-12-2013, 08:17 AM
And only 2 players transferring out of all WCC schools noted so far.

thespywhozaggedme
04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
List continues to grow

Isn't this the same link from the op? It's the same date.

KStyles
04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Isn't this the same link from the op? It's the same date.

Same link, but it has been updated. His first sentence reads "We're just less than a week removed from the Final Four -- and the Transfer List is already approaching 200 players."

thebigsmoove
04-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Anyone notice Seattle's Anrio Adams looking to leave KU? or the Mike Moser transfer to UW...thats gotta be as big an instant impact as any player on this list...Moser has been very, very good at UNLV...

WallaWallaZag
04-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Anyone notice Seattle's Anrio Adams looking to leave KU? or the Mike Moser transfer to UW...thats gotta be as big an instant impact as any player on this list...Moser has been very, very good at UNLV...

zags could have used moser for next year...he's a perfect harris replacement. he's been down because of injuries and the arrival of bennett. he was a stud previously and was looking at a possible lottery position.

jimmy b
04-12-2013, 11:17 AM
zags could have used moser for next year...he's a perfect harris replacement. he's been down because of injuries and the arrival of bennett. he was a stud previously and was looking at a possible lottery position.

Moser would have been great. could've been much better for him too than the UW, no ?

Hoopaholic
04-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Add forward. Jacob Lawson of Purdue to the transfer list

Bogozags
04-16-2013, 07:43 AM
There are two transfers that interest me...
(1) Bryce Leavill of WSU and (2) Kaileb Rodriguez CA.

Wouldn't Bryce Leavill be a good backup for us at the 2 or 3?

Did we recruit Kaileb Rodriguez? Does anyone have any info on this young man?

RRZagFan
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Big loss for Kansas State,
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS 15m
Kansas State losing sophomore point guard Angel Rodriguez to transfer. Significant blow for Bruce Weber and Wildcats.

jazzdelmar
04-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Big loss for Kansas State,
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS 15m
Kansas State losing sophomore point guard Angel Rodriguez to transfer. Significant blow for Bruce Weber and Wildcats.

Prob transfer to nut job Martin at S Carolina who recruited him at KS.

Bouldin4Prez
04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
If we start recruiting bryce leavitt, I might consider to end my time as a zag fan. Went to a rival high school, however I am a couple years older than him. Never impressed me watching him or playing various pick up games. Crafty high school player with not much athleticism. I attend WSU as well and he occasionally plays in pick up games vs the other WSU players and whoever he is guarding takes the ball at him every time.

RRZagFan
04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
updated today,up to almost 300

JeffyJeff
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Refreshing to review the transfer list this year and only see athletes considering the move to Gonzaga instead of transferring away.