PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how GU would have done if the NCAA wasn't 'one and done'?

combatcorpsmangulaw
04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Any team can get hot for a game -- NCAA Tournament is already long enough w/o multiple wins per team before moving on to the next round.

I wonder though how the Zags would have done if there were more than the one game against the Shockers. Then again, Southern may have been more of a problem had they a 2nd shot at GU.

If a team peaks at the right time early in the Tournament, almost any team can make a major impact i.e. FGCU.

At any rate, it's over and time to look into next year.

kclubfounder
04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
They would have advanced to the Final 4 if it wasn't a single elimination tournament. But if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The bad news is that when you are the better team you won't necessarily advance. The good news is that you CAN advance even when you are clearly inferior.

MickMick
04-03-2013, 05:41 PM
WSU won. No reason to believe GU would win a series. I didn't really believe that until WSU beat the tar out of Ohio State. The Shockers are really good.

On to next year.

B Wayne
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
We'd be at one loss along with Southern University. Wichita State would be ahead of us with no losses.