PDA

View Full Version : OT - Louisville's Kevin Ware: 'Everything happens for a reason'

CDC84
04-03-2013, 03:46 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-04-03/kevin-ware-louisville-interview-atlanta-final-four-broken-leg

In case you have not heard, Kevin will be on Louisville's bench on Saturday rooting his teammates on. This is great news.

kclubfounder
04-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I watched the interview in its entirety, and it was compelling.

One of the takeaways for me was when he wisely expressed how he was essentially lucky and blessed. So many fellow athletes have been paralyzed, or had career ending injuries, or even been killed. He will likely live to play another day.

But boy was it gruesome. And with the bright, bright spotlight on Easter Sunday in the Elite 8, his horrific looking injury will go down in history.

I'm still pulling for WSU, but I definitely like the kid, and I have even more respect for coach P.

MickMick
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I watched the interview in its entirety, and it was compelling.

One of the takeaways for me was when he wisely expressed how he was essentially lucky and blessed. So many fellow athletes have been paralyzed, or had career ending injuries, or even been killed. He will likely live to play another day.

But boy was it gruesome. And with the bright, bright spotlight on Easter Sunday in the Elite 8, his horrific looking injury will go down in history.

I'm still pulling for WSU, but I definitely like the kid, and I have even more respect for coach P.

I agree.

Tough, inspiring kid. I hope he comes back like it never even happened.

Hoopaholic
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Classy young man who appears to have his priorities in order

BTB
04-03-2013, 09:17 PM
In all honesty, while the injury was possibly the most gruesome I've ever seen in sports there are tons worse things he could have done. A torn ACL would put him out for 3-4 times as long. In a way he's lucky that it's a broken bone instead of almost any major joint injury

rennis
04-04-2013, 06:54 AM
In all honesty, while the injury was possibly the most gruesome I've ever seen in sports there are tons worse things he could have done. A torn ACL would put him out for 3-4 times as long. In a way he's lucky that it's a broken bone instead of almost any major joint injury

agreed, it was the worst I've ever seen on TV.

One of my roommates fractured (also compound) his tibia in a pickup game in Martin Center, and he was never the same after. He didn't have the trainers that Ware will, but if I'm honest, I'd much rather have an ACL/MCL type injury nowadays than a catastrophic break like that. My friends recovery was very, very slow.