PDA

View Full Version : Your off season player development programs

hooter73
04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Since its going to happen anyway in replies on multiple threads, I figure we should just dedicate one spot to what we'd want the off season to look like for the various players.

Yes its all in good fun for us fans to speculate on stuff we know nothing about.

Obviously #1 is no injuries

Dower, Karno, Edwards, Milke and probably Nunez too to all go to the O'Clynyk every day. But every afternoon they need to be doing the cowboy workout of stringing live electric fences, steer wrestling, and anything else to get pissed off, tough, mean, and just have that fearless cowboy edge. IMO all these boys have the skills, they just need the attitude to use them.

Bell needs to go play streetball in seattle, chicago or whereever he will pick up that pargo edge. I think he's probably the most skilled player we have but has got to stop holding back.

Stockton needs to shadow Pango's time in the gym shooting 500 threes a day and Pangos needs to do whatever it is that Stockton does to make those unforeseen passes and assists. Stocks has got to hit those dead eye rainbow threes like he was his first year of play. And Pangos, well at this point someone has got to figure out if hes a better shooting guard or point guard. Not a bad position to be in imo.

The three guard/wing players... well I dont know. KD now knows what it takes, hope he does what is needed this summer to make himself be effective in the games next year. Barham needs to keep channeling Mike Hart like he was starting to do and become more than a set shot role player, and Coleman is just a big unknown that i think will surprise a lot of people - an under the radar gem.

Your turn. :D

BobZag
04-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Karno = Get with Travis Knight to reshape body, improve hand-eye coordination and overall quickness and lift/vertical. Get with bigs coach to hone post moves.

Pangos = Practice floaters and runners until they are money.
GBJ = See Pangos, plus practice driving more w/o losing ball.
Kyle = Gain confidence and be more aggressive.

Unbiased
04-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Since its going to happen anyway in replies on multiple threads, I figure we should just dedicate one spot to what we'd want the off season to look like for the various players.

Yes its all in good fun for us fans to speculate on stuff we know nothing about.

Obviously #1 is no injuries

Dower, Karno, Edwards, Milke and probably Nunez too to all go to the O'Clynyk every day. But every afternoon they need to be doing the cowboy workout of stringing live electric fences, steer wrestling, and anything else to get pissed off, tough, mean, and just have that fearless cowboy edge. IMO all these boys have the skills, they just need the attitude to use them.

Bell needs to go play streetball in seattle, chicago or whereever he will pick up that pargo edge. I think he's probably the most skilled player we have but has got to stop holding back.

Stockton needs to shadow Pango's time in the gym shooting 500 threes a day and Pangos needs to do whatever it is that Stockton does to make those unforeseen passes and assists. Stocks has got to hit those dead eye rainbow threes like he was his first year of play. And Pangos, well at this point someone has got to figure out if hes a better shooting guard or point guard. Not a bad position to be in imo.

The three guard/wing players... well I dont know. KD now knows what it takes, hope he does what is needed this summer to make himself be effective in the games next year. Barham needs to keep channeling Mike Hart like he was starting to do and become more than a set shot role player, and Coleman is just a big unknown that i think will surprise a lot of people - an under the radar gem.

Your turn. :D

I couldn't agree more.

I would add this to Bell's development. Including in those street ball games you have him playing in Seattle, Chicago, or where ever, are crossover shake and bake moves where he drives to the basket every chance he gets.

Someone mentioned this on a previous post but it's worth repeating. Pangos needs to go the the Aaron Croft summer school for defense.

hooter73
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
A Croft, otherwise known as a knat at a bbq. His d is annoyingly effective as the radio put it the other day. And I say it with the highest praise possible.

Oregonzagnut
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM
....for the Summer from June, July and August. Everyone should travel and take R&R for all of May and the first week in June.

Karno: Diet and work out to weight from fat, build muscle to "chisel" up. FREE THROWS.
Dower: Work on his post movesfrom his right side and work on defense.
Pangos: Build upper body strength and perimeter defensive tactics and stamina.
GBJ: Get foot 100% healthy. Mid range jumpers.
Dranginis: Build upper body and athletic stamina.
Stockton: Inbounds plays. Upper body strength.
Barham: Mid Range jumper and playbook.
Coleman/Nunez: Bulk muscle, athletic stamina and the playbook.
Edwards: Playbook, lose weight and get to know the team.
Bhaskar and Bakamus: Do whatever Mike Hart did.

mnzag24
04-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Did anyone else think Karno's FT form was much improved at the end of the year? I don't believe the % went up but the technical side looked much better. gotta make them 'throws

Rbo
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I think Karno needs to, after a pass or an offense rebound, go to the hoop with more authority. He's big enough and looks strong enough.

Dower needs to develop his "intangibles" (in other words, be more than an offensive threat).

Sorry to be picking on the bigs, but if KO goes, that's where we really need to pick it up.

hooter73
04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Stockton: Inbounds plays

lol now thats just mean

SteelCityZag
04-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Pangos: Channel Dan Dickau. Create your own shot off the dribble or the shake and bake. Be the team leader.

GBJ: Shoot 500 shots a day. Be more aggressive. Practice dribble drives to the elbow without getting tied up. Work on drive and dish, taking it to the rim, and pull up jumpers from 10 feet.

Dranginnis: See GBJ, and play perimeter D like him. Slash as well as Coleman so he can move over to spell Bell.

Barham: Become Mike Hart who's willing to shoot.

Coleman: Be the slasher we've heard about. Create offense from the perimeter that we lacked this season. Rebound and play defense like a madman.

SD: Go right with the ball. Get tougher and improve position defense. Block out and Rebound Rebound Rebound. Block shots like we started to see this year.

Karno: Drop some weight and begin to play more above the rim. Work on footwork on D. Develop a counter move. And shoot 500 FTs every day.

DS: Get stronger. Play tougher perimeter defense by denying the ball and sticking on your man like white on rice. Deny the opportunity to shoot over top. Grow?

Few: Hire a defensive-focused Assistant Coach who is the best in-game Xs and Os guy in the business. Refashion this team given who they are.

Oregonzagnut
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
lol now thats just mean

I wasn't trying to be mean at all. Just a little sarcastic with a grain of truth. Unfortunately the first thing that came to mind for Stockton was inbounding. He seems to make plays assuming the other guy is going to be where he is supposed to be. He makes high risk plays that seem to have the same reward: 2 points.

hooter73
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I wasn't trying to be mean at all. Just a little sarcastic with a grain of truth. Unfortunately the first thing that came to mind for Stockton was inbounding. He seems to make plays assuming the other guy is going to be where he is supposed to be. He makes high risk plays that seem to have the same reward: 2 points.

no need to explain, its all in good fun :)