PDA

View Full Version : Darvish Near Perfect Game

LongIslandZagFan
04-03-2013, 04:15 AM
I switched to MLB network as it went to the bottom of the 9th... Now I have to ask this question... If you have no vested interest in the teams, when you watch a final inning like that... do you a) hope to see them get the PG b) hope to see them blow it on the last out c) a bit of both A and B? last night for me was definitely C and for full comedic effect Darvish delivered on B and gave a great smile after that ball went between his legs into the outfield.

gu03alum
04-03-2013, 04:34 AM
A for me, but since it was the Rangers I was glad he didn't get it.

webspinnre
04-03-2013, 08:45 AM
A for me as well. I'm much more interested in the history. Was a pity to see it go down like that.

LongIslandZagFan
04-03-2013, 09:08 AM
A for me as well. I'm much more interested in the history. Was a pity to see it go down like that.

Darvish took it in stride... The smile he had after the hit was priceless. No anger or frustration... Just an acknowledging smile and a shared glance with his catcher. Seemed like a pretty centered individual. He seemed to almost enjoy the irony of it being the last batter.

webspinnre
04-03-2013, 10:48 AM
He did. Nice understanding of the way baseball can be a fickle game.

Eroop22
04-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I take it on a case by case basis. I don't know why but I really didn't want Darvish to pitch a perfect game.