PDA

View Full Version : Anrio Adams

VinnyZag
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
I remember GU having some interest at one point, but I don't remember if he backed off or if GU did. Apparently he's transferring from Kansas, according to a Tweet:

@WarLordRio: I'm transferring to another school and will be getting released Tomorrow.... I love this team no matter what !!! I've learned a lot here!!

Marcus
04-02-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure where to put this and didn't want to start another thread. Another player transferring is Negus Webster Chan. He's leaving Missouri and would be a good guard replacement for Bell. He's 6'7" combo guard and would be a sophomore when Bell and Pangos are seniors. Plus he's already friends with Pangos. Any other transfers out there that would perk our interest.

I really didn't mean to hijack this thread so if a mod wants to move it or whatever that's cool.

thespywhozaggedme
04-02-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure where to put this and didn't want to start another thread. Another player transferring is Negus Webster Chan. He's leaving Missouri and would be a good guard replacement for Bell. He's 6'7" combo guard and would be a sophomore when Bell and Pangos are seniors. Plus he's already friends with Pangos. Any other transfers out there that would perk our interest.

I really didn't mean to hijack this thread so if a mod wants to move it or whatever that's cool.

Plus he's Canadian. That always is a plus in our favor.

Marcus
04-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Plus he's Canadian. That always is a plus in our favor.

Absolutely!!!:cheers:

doctorzag
04-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Tulanes leading scorer and rebounder. 17.6 and 10.7. Six foot eight and and eligible immediatly. Big frontline help . Just received his release.

GrizZAG
04-02-2013, 10:23 PM
4 star, lots of talent, Gonzaga going after him hard....

OZZY
04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Negus and KP know each other very well, played on provincial and national teams together. Has decent handles.

thespywhozaggedme
04-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Tulanes leading scorer and rebounder. 17.6 and 10.7. Six foot eight and and eligible immediatly. Big frontline help . Just received his release.

Wow, now this intrigues me. Comes from the same conference as Barham. What's his story? I just looked up his stats; 27 against GT, 19/13 vs Nebraska, 18/12 vs 'Bama, 13/12 vs Memphis, etc. His #'s are outstanding.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/45541/josh-davis

Bob, Ang, LIZF and GZ, wanna "spread the word" about this guy?

VinnyZag
04-03-2013, 06:36 AM

I don't understand why people aren't more concerned about frontline depth next year. I've been hoping for a JC guy or transfer who could provide depth with Dower and Karnowski. Maybe this guy?

The beat writers I follow on Twitter, by the way, seem to think the other Tulane transfer, Tarrant, is the real catch. But he's a pg, not coming to GU.

realtydog
04-03-2013, 07:08 AM
players that have not expressed the slightest interest in coming to GU---none of these names will be here next year

hooter73
04-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Agree that we are wishing for big help that wont be coming and I am NOT in favor of JC transfers anymore.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-03-2013, 07:59 AM
IIRC, we didn't recruit Coleman of Nunez out of high school. Their interest came only during the transfer process.

cjm720
04-03-2013, 08:10 AM
players that have not expressed the slightest interest in coming to GU---none of these names will be here next year

1) How do you know?
2) It's recruting season....many of us love this just as much as the games. Don't be a buzz kill!

:)

U Zig, I Zag
04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Agree that we are wishing for big help that wont be coming and I am NOT in favor of JC transfers anymore.

Depending on how PK develops and if Dower can get a mean streak going we will need a spare big body to bring in and rest the other two. I would like a JC transfer that's more of an athletic stopper, shot blocker. Doesn't have to create offense or be a traditional back to basket guy, but someone that can put back misses, grab boards and provide some in-flight entrainment.

There has to be a 6'8"-6'10", long and lanky kid out there with hops.

Chicken Ball
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Depending on how PK develops and if Dower can get a mean streak going we will need a spare big body to bring in and rest the other two. I would like a JC transfer that's more of an athletic stopper, shot blocker. Doesn't have to create offense or be a traditional back to basket guy, but someone that can put back misses, grab boards and provide some in-flight entrainment.

There has to be a 6'8"-6'10", long and lanky kid out there with hops.
So, Kuso 2.0?

northsidezagfan
04-03-2013, 08:29 AM

Look at the first page. There is literally nothing else to talk about, unless you want to agree that Kelly should go pro or the Pac-12 should fire their refs.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-03-2013, 08:39 AM
So, Kuso 2.0?

Bingo. Kuso, Jr. would be a perfect fit.

U Zig, I Zag
04-03-2013, 08:39 AM
So, Kuso 2.0?

Yah, maybe. I liked Kuso's energy. Not talking a primary player here, but someone that could bring something else to the table that PK and Dower don't - someone that can play 12-14 minutes or so.

Marcus
04-03-2013, 08:47 AM
The player from Tulane is very intriguing.

Agree with a previous post that an athletic big who's focus is D & rebounding would be a great fit. With players starting to announce their intentions to transfer, maybe we can snag a gem in the same situation that Drew was in. One with immediate eligibility.

webspinnre
04-03-2013, 08:47 AM

What else should we be talking about this time of year? Random speculation on potential transfers or recruits sounds about right.

zagmantis2001
04-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Just don't sign someone for the sake of getting a body in here. We don't need another Diallo.

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Imagine if an Alex Oriakhi were available this year.

Marcus
04-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Imagine if an Alex Oriakhi were available this year.

I thought this too. A player like him would be a great fit.

BobZag
04-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Anyone ever watch Tulane play? Not me.

willandi
04-03-2013, 09:25 AM
So, Kuso 2.0?

Or Baptiste 2.2

Marcus
04-03-2013, 09:36 AM

Haha, good point.

thespywhozaggedme
04-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Play in CUSA, same as memphis, they had a very decent record this past year and his #'s were outstanding. great size and great stats. I dunno, I'd whisper in some ears, like we used to do with our friendly Canucks back in the day. can't hurt to put out feelers. Plus, he's apparently able to play asap, ala Drew.

CDC84
04-03-2013, 10:35 AM

This is no doubt part of the reason why he wants out. He probably wants to play for a winner that can make the tournament.

10.7 RPG is the key stat for me. Dower and Karno have not shown themselves to be adept rebounders so far in their careers.

thespywhozaggedme
04-03-2013, 11:09 AM
This is no doubt part of the reason why he wants out. He probably wants to play for a winner that can make the tournament.

10.7 RPG is the key stat for me. Dower and Karno have not shown themselves to be adept rebounders so far in their careers.

yup. 18/11 are great #'s for a big, and he has legit size. I really hope you guys with connections at least pass this info on. This guy looks like a stud.

maynard g krebs
04-03-2013, 11:15 AM

Oregon's Arsalan Kazemi played in the same conference at Rice with similar rebound #s and a bit less scoring, and had 45 rebounds in the Ducks' 3 NCAA tourney games. The numbers say this guy will get plenty of high major transfer offers.

JPtheBeasta
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
IIRC, we didn't recruit Coleman of Nunez out of high school. Their interest came only during the transfer process.

Quit bothering us with your facts and rational arguments :]

To expand on your point, one thing to consider is that a player that wasn't interested initially secondary to too much competition for pt may want to come here if there is an immediate need now (eg a power forward and a back-up center)

VinnyZag
04-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Sounds like Adams is looking PAC-10, according to this Seattle Times story (http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskymensbasketball/2013/04/03/anrio-adams-leaves-kansas-may-consider-uw/):

Adams said via twitter Wednesday morning hes considering transferring to Arizona, Washington, Oregon or UCLA. The post has been deleted.

cjm720
04-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Assuming Romar has a job (easy on me, GoZags), I see him at UW.

jwalk
04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Remember a few years back when everyone was talking about Peyton Siva and Gaddy. One picked UW and the other Louisville. Look where they are at now. One sitting at home wondering if he will have a career in Europe and the other playing in the final four. Why would Adams pick UW over UCLA or Arizona? Romar can recruit but he can't coach.

UCLA would be the obvious choice for Adams.

jimmy b
04-03-2013, 08:05 PM
All-kenpom: Joe Jackson, Memphis (kPOY); Dwayne Davis, Southern Miss; Josh Davis, Tulane; Isaiah Sykes, UCF; Maurice Kemp, East Carolina.