PDA

View Full Version : Ncaa tournament 2014

MDABE80
04-02-2013, 12:22 PM
NCAA Basketball
2014 Men's Division I
Second & Third RoundsThursday, March 20, 2014 & Saturday, March 22, 2014Information on how to purchase tickets to the 2014 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Second & Third Rounds is posted at SpokaneArena.com/ncaa/tickets.phpWashington State University and the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena are pleased to announce that March Madness will return to Spokane in 2014. The NCAA revealed this morning that Spokane has been selected as a host city for the 2014 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Second & Third Rounds.
Read more...

adoptedzag
04-02-2013, 12:33 PM
NCAA Basketball
2014 Men's Division I
Second & Third RoundsThursday, March 20, 2014 & Saturday, March 22, 2014Information on how to purchase tickets to the 2014 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Second & Third Rounds is posted at SpokaneArena.com/ncaa/tickets.phpWashington State University and the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena are pleased to announce that March Madness will return to Spokane in 2014. The NCAA revealed this morning that Spokane has been selected as a host city for the 2014 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Second & Third Rounds.
Read more...

We really really REALLY need a protected seed next year :D

BobZag
04-02-2013, 01:49 PM

Do they protect 4 seeds and better, or is it 5 seeds and better now?

thespywhozaggedme
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Quick question for us out of town fans: Why is Wazzu considered the host and not Gonzaga?

KStyles
04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Because WSU is actually doing the hosting (putting together the bid, figuring out the logistics, selling tickets, etc.).

ZagaZags
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM

1-4 seeds are protected

Section 116
04-02-2013, 03:02 PM
If you purchased tickets for the womens regional which wrapped up yesterday in Spokane you were given the chance to purchase men's 2014 tickets in advance as part of the deal. It really is a way of enticing folks to get women's tickets as the carrot to allow you to have first crack at men's tickets. WSU has done this before. In any event I happen to enjoy women's basketball so it was no issue for me to purchase those tickets. Because of that I already have my 2014 men's tickets bought and paid for. We received an e-mail to purchase the first of March. Have no idea where our seats will be but I suspect high up or the ends of the arena. That's where we have ended up previously.

KStyles
04-02-2013, 03:15 PM

In 2012 it was 1-5 (http://espn.go.com/photo/preview/!pdfs/120305/espn_05_principlesprocedures.pdf), and it was back to 1-4 this year (http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-principles-and-procedures-selection/). Could change again for next year.

RRZagFan
04-02-2013, 04:04 PM
My friend and I also bought tickets to women's tourney this year,in order to get the tickets for next year.We purchased 4 womens tickets,after we received email and called and got our tickets for mens, I was surprised how many tickets we could have bought. We purchased 5 for $210 a seat,but we could have gotten 40.Was surprised that an individual could buy this many.

Zag 77
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
GU would have a disadvantage if they ever hosted a mens NCAA event in Spokane. Unlike the women, a team cannot play at a site where it is the host. Maybe they think the refs will be influenced by the coffee and donuts that the hosts provide or something.

adoptedzag
04-03-2013, 09:17 AM
GU would have a disadvantage if they ever hosted a mens NCAA event in Spokane. Unlike the women, a team cannot play at a site where it is the host. Maybe they think the refs will be influenced by the coffee and donuts that the hosts provide or something.

Right, which is why its great that Wazzu is host next year. Means GU can play in the arena should we get a protected seed.

Ezag
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
I work for the NCAA whenever in town, just wrapped up Women's Sweet 16 and Elite 8 so I am definitely looking forward to Men's next year. I hope Zags can make it there, that would be icing on the cake

Oregonzagnut
04-03-2013, 12:21 PM

I wish I could say our seeding and location and bracket matters. We had the best possible road to the final four and how much more protected could our seed have been this year?