PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Zags

Reborn
04-01-2013, 07:53 AM
I don't think this thread has been written yet, so I want to congratulate all the Zags for a really good season, and one that I will always remember. Yes, it didn't have the kind of ending that I would have written, but still 9/10ths of the season was just fantastic.

Watching the Zags go up in the polls week by week until they reached the top was really really neat. But more than watching the polls what was awesome was how the Zags never lost. The way the teams ahead of them (Indiana, Duke, Butler, Michigan,ect) kept losing, made me feel like there was some supernatural power paving the way for the Zags to make it to the top. And because the Zags handled all the preassure of being #1, I really felt that they were finally destined to reach the final four. So much for destiny. Gonzaga achieved two things that no other Zag team has ever achieved. They were ranked #1 in the polls, I think for 3 weeks, and they received a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. The pride and joy we felt during the last month of the season should not be erased by one last defeat to a team who is probably one of the 12 best teams in the nation. I remember Mark Few saying that there really is no #1 team in the country this year, and that there are probably a dozen teams who could win the NCAA tournament, and Gonzaga is one of them.

Our team this year won 30+ games for the first time ever. They were undefeated champions of both their league and tournament. They were not a perfect team, but they sure were darn good. I think Zagnation should take a moment out of our busy day today and stop and reflect on how great this team is, and in the silence of your thoughts give them a thunderous cheer and a loud clap. WE ARE.......GONZAGA!!! WE ARE........GONZAGA!!!

Love ya, Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!

McZag
04-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Great season, great thread. Thanks Reborn. Much to be thankful for!

Zagdawg
04-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Great post--

The best is still yet to come....

Thank you Zags!

gu03alum
04-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks, Reborn. I am so proud of what they were able to accomplish this year. The number 1 ranking is something I will always remember. Thanks to U Zig, I Zag I have copies of the Spokesman Review and Inlander from when the Zags were first voted to first place. Thanks to a friend in Everett I have a copy of the regional SI with the Zags and KC on the cover. In spite of the finish to the season, I will proudly frame and display these in my man cave.

tlark420
04-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Great Season...so proud! Enjoyed the ride! THANK YOU UZIG, I ZAG AS WELL!!

Reborn
04-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks, Reborn. I am so proud of what they were able to accomplish this year. The number 1 ranking is something I will always remember. Thanks to U Zig, I Zag I have copies of the Spokesman Review and Inlander from when the Zags were first voted to first place. Thanks to a friend in Everett I have a copy of the regional SI with the Zags and KC on the cover. In spite of the finish to the season, I will proudly frame and display these in my man cave.

yes. That Spokesman Review cover was awesome, wasn't it. Wish I had a copy. Does anyone know how one can get one?

Hoopaholic
04-01-2013, 08:34 AM
send me your address will mail you one

Ed

ID ZAGFAN
04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
yes. That Spokesman Review cover was awesome, wasn't it. Wish I had a copy. Does anyone know how one can get one?

I got a reproduction copy from S-R

http://shop.spokesman.com/category/sports-pages/?page=2

ZaGranny

2wiceright
04-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks for your post Reborn. That's how I like to remember the Zags season now that a lot of the sting has gone away!!!

CdAZagFan
04-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes, painful end to the season (the pain is just starting to ease)... But what a fun season it was!

Marcus
04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
This season was an absolute blast to watch. So many great things happened, so many firsts and accomplishments. Thanks for a great season Zags.

GoZags
04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
+1

I don't think this thread has been written yet, so I want to congratulate all the Zags for a really good season, and one that I will always remember. Yes, it didn't have the kind of ending that I would have written, but still 9/10ths of the season was just fantastic.

Watching the Zags go up in the polls week by week until they reached the top was really really neat. But more than watching the polls what was awesome was how the Zags never lost. The way the teams ahead of them (Indiana, Duke, Butler, Michigan,ect) kept losing, made me feel like there was some supernatural power paving the way for the Zags to make it to the top. And because the Zags handled all the preassure of being #1, I really felt that they were finally destined to reach the final four. So much for destiny. Gonzaga achieved two things that no other Zag team has ever achieved. They were ranked #1 in the polls, I think for 3 weeks, and they received a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. The pride and joy we felt during the last month of the season should not be erased by one last defeat to a team who is probably one of the 12 best teams in the nation. I remember Mark Few saying that there really is no #1 team in the country this year, and that there are probably a dozen teams who could win the NCAA tournament, and Gonzaga is one of them.

Our team this year won 30+ games for the first time ever. They were undefeated champions of both their league and tournament. They were not a perfect team, but they sure were darn good. I think Zagnation should take a moment out of our busy day today and stop and reflect on how great this team is, and in the silence of your thoughts give them a thunderous cheer and a loud clap. WE ARE.......GONZAGA!!! WE ARE........GONZAGA!!!

Love ya, Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!

MTZag03
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Amen!

This was a fantastic season. This was our year and once again it was wrecked in front of us. However, this does not take any of the achievements away from this team. As others said: 30 wins, 1 ranking, 1 seed. Good job Zags!

Can we PLEAAASE get an EE or FF though Why is it so hard for us?

katman50
04-01-2013, 05:27 PM
I would like to thanks all of the folks, this season, who so generously streamed the Zags games, for people who couldn't afford or didn't have access to cable. You know who you are, Flyzag, Phillyzag and others. Thank you so much! You guys were great and very generous! Go Zags!

GrizZAG
04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks gents for a tremendous year. If WS hadn't had some big time luck in calls (er more like no calls) and raining threes like crazy in final minutes we would have been dancing and probably us in the FF instead of WS. Ball could have bounced either way since we had the game in hand it seemed.
This team was totally capable but as MF said, some luck is involved and WS had the luck that night, that is all.
Yes, you were in that top tier for sure and worthy in the most complete sense. Thanks so much for a really fun season..

Oregonzagnut
04-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Yes, painful end to the season (the pain is just starting to ease)... But what a fun season it was!

We must be all sadomasochists because no matter how painful, we come back for more.