PDA

View Full Version : Utes in Australia

OZZag
08-14-2007, 06:11 PM
The Utes have been down uncer for the last week or so, playing some of our
pro teams. I live in Sydney and ended up going to the only game here yesterday with my 14 year old son. It was great to see some decent bball action.

The Utes lost 102-88, and had trouble with the tenacius defence of the West Sydney Razorbacks (play in the top Australian league). A few of names on the Razorbacks you would be familiar with...
Mathew Knight (X Loyala Marymount PF) who guarded Luke Neville for some of the game, Damian Martin another LM product, and Mt. Vernon boy Troy Devries (X U New Mexico)who hit at least 6 three on the night!

The player that really troubled the Utes was Darnell Hinson (former Northeastern State) who ran the team from the point and also hit at least 5 threes!

The utes seemed to be missing direction at times, and could really use a good point guard (will see how Kepkay works out), Bryant hit a few threes but struggled with the ball at times.

That will be the extent of NCAA action I will see this year, the rest will be just following everything on the net!

former1dog
08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the scout of the Utes, OZ.

I'm guessing, but are you a former Gonzaga Student Athlete?

OZZag
08-14-2007, 11:34 PM
No, just a B.C. boy following any B.C and Canadian talent. If you got Rob (he's a friend of some friends of mine) and Theo on your side I'm following the Zags!

former1dog
08-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Nice to have you around Oz. Hope you can maybe get some of the games on TV or something. No ESPN in Australia?

OZZag
08-15-2007, 04:42 PM
1Dog, Very limited ESPN action on college ball, and at this stage I haven't got cable.

I tend to follow what's happening while I work, there is always something on MLB, NHL (I am Canadian after all), NBA, NCAA and even Cricket (I won't even try to explain!).

former1dog
08-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Oz,

Getting yourself satelite service and a DVR so you can record games that may be shown in the middle of the night.

Reason: You hang around here much you're going to get the Zags Fever. :D Once that happens, you'll need to see the games.