PDA

View Full Version : How hurt was Gary Bell Jr.?

kclubfounder
03-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know? I've heard bits and pieces.

Did he sprain his ankle at the end of the 1st half, and did that essentially prevent him from playing in the 2nd half? If so, I've had a difficult time finding it referenced anywhere. If not, OK, please let me know.

If so, that seems like an incredibly important bit of information when analyzing why we lost the game. A game that we lost, in my opinion, because our opponent got crazy hot and not more than just a bit lucky from 3 point land.

Look, excuses are for losers. I get it.

Our team lost. Maybe I AM looking for an excuse.

What happened to GBJ? And if something happened that kept him from playing, why isn't it more newsworthy?

ID ZAGFAN
03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Could not find a link on line. Typed from print edition.

Headline: End for three seniors

Gonzaga-Wichita State Notebook Jim Meehan and Christian Caple

Bell Sidelined

Sophomore guard Gary Bell Jr. left the game early in the second half with a lingering injury. He went scoreless in 19 first-half minutes, then exited after a few minutes early in the second half.

"Just a nagging injury," Bell said,pointing to the top of his right foot, near his ankle. "At halftime, it got a little stiff, and I couldn't go after that. I (happened) against (Southern on Thursday), but I don't know what really happened."

It was mentioned one other place, but I can't find it.

ZaGranny

zagco
03-26-2013, 05:28 PM
It's probably something weird. One time, Zagco's daughter was getting ready to play a game, and she came out of the locker room and said she felt the top of her foot "pop." She had sharp pain. She started the game, but it did not go away and it was bad. She did not play the rest of the game. The pain went away by about the end of the game. Just disappeared. No issues. But, she assured everyone it was excruciating and she was worried that something broke or snapped. She has hardly ever had to leave a game due to an injury. Sometimes weird stuff happens.

2wiceright
03-26-2013, 05:28 PM
I also read (in a couple sources) -no link, that he hurt his foot, not his ankle. He went back with the trainer to the locker room and it was determined he could no longer play effectively on it. (again, I wish I had a link, just a second hand account...). Similar to ZaGranny, he originally hurt it in the first game, and at that point still could play....

johno
03-26-2013, 05:44 PM
My expert analysis on the loss, is we didn't have GBJ in crunch time, so we'll never know what might have been.

Zags11
03-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Yea he didnt look right out there. Bad break. :(

Mantua
03-26-2013, 08:00 PM
I hope it's not a torn ligament. Feet are tricky with so many bones and connective tissues serving as the foundation for all ambulatory movement. Even osteo contusions can be very painful.

Zagcity
03-26-2013, 08:35 PM
So far he is not in a boot so unless something else materializes he should be ok

Zag 77
03-26-2013, 08:51 PM
As of Monday he was still sore but no sign of anything broken.

Hoopaholic
03-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Hoping that good news holds true.....we need ya Gary bell

Zags11
03-27-2013, 05:45 PM
As of Monday he was still sore but no sign of anything broken.

Excellent