PDA

View Full Version : What I want in November

Zerogame
03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Mark Few and company do more with less than any other program in the country. You would think with their record they would get 5 stars McDonald Burger Boys …they don’t. They don’t get 4 star candidates. They get 2 and 3 star kids, and some not on the list anywhere kids.
Zags get quality individuals. Smart kids; take home to your parents kids. Maybe let your daughters go out with kids.
I will take that all day long over a National Championship win. Honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, loyalty…that is the hardest thing to do in this competitive world of college athletics today. The Zags have all of the above in Spades.
Mark Few at the end of every game tries to shake the opposing coach’s hand and say something positive. I take that over some arrogant SOB wunderkind coach every time that refuses to accept a loss or win as anything more than a game.
Mike Hart mirrors Coach Few…they do what no one thinks they can do, and they do it with such class! That is what I will look forward to in November.

stevet75
03-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Mark Few and company do more with less than any other program in the country. You would think with their record they would get 5 stars McDonald Burger Boys …they don’t. They don’t get 4 star candidates. They get 2 and 3 star kids, and some not on the list anywhere kids.
Zags get quality individuals. Smart kids; take home to your parents kids. Maybe let your daughters go out with kids.
I will take that all day long over a National Championship win. Honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, loyalty…that is the hardest thing to do in this competitive world of college athletics today. The Zags have all of the above in Spades.
Mark Few at the end of every game tries to shake the opposing coach’s hand and say something positive. I take that over some arrogant SOB wunderkind coach every time that refuses to accept a loss or win as anything more than a game.
Mike Hart mirrors Coach Few…they do what no one thinks they can do, and they do it with such class! That is what I will look forward to in November.

I agree with you. I hear quite often how Gonzaga has so much talent, but the truth is the talent we have was usually developed by our coaches and through the kids hard work.
When we recruited them most were 3 star and some only 2 star.
We do get a couple of 4 star recruits, but that is not how the Zag program is built.

Zag79
03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
But there are teams that win more and still have all that good stuff too, it's not an either/or proposition. Expecting to get past the first weekend and doing things the right way is ok too. I agree with everything else, great post!

Mantua
03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Two of Gonzaga's walk-ons are nationally known!

BobZag
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
What I want in November is to still have Olynyk, a huge improvement by Karno, a better Dower, for Coleman to be a dynamic addition, and 2014 recruits like Perkins, Pope, Dorsey, Bailey, Wright, Chatman, et al signed up, with 2015 Kendall Small verbally committed. That's what I want.

:)

Zags11
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
What I want in November is to still have Olynyk, a huge improvement by Karno, a better Dower, for Coleman to be a dynamic addition, and 2014 recruits like Perkins, Pope, Dorsey, Bailey, Wright, Chatman, et al signed up, with 2015 Kendall Small verbally committed. That's what I want.

Agree

LynetteG
03-26-2013, 07:11 PM

That's all? ;)

spike_jr
03-26-2013, 07:44 PM
What I want in November is to still have Olynyk, a huge improvement by Karno, a better Dower, for Coleman to be a dynamic addition, and 2014 recruits like Perkins, Pope, Dorsey, Bailey, Wright, Chatman, et al signed up, with 2015 Kendall Small verbally committed. That's ALL what I want.

Lynette beat me to it, but I corrected your sentece for you Bob.

TexasZagFan
03-27-2013, 05:17 AM

If I may add to that, I would like to see us play with a chip on our shoulder from November to April, and Few keeping the petal to the metal. Even without Kelly, next year's team can go 10 deep, so let's use that to our advantage.

BobZag
03-27-2013, 08:53 AM
That's all? ;)

:D

Reborn
03-27-2013, 03:06 PM

ditto. Is it Christmas yet?

BoltZag
03-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Since I cannot bear the thought of one more thread being started in this forum...I'll ask here - does anyone have a preliminary look at the '13 OOC schedule? Do we owe KSU a return game in Manhattan? How about OK State - is that series a wrap? I believe this was it for Illinois (that was not a pretty series for GU).

Any rumors on the BiS opponent or date?

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.

Zagcity
03-27-2013, 07:43 PM
But there are teams that win more and still have all that good stuff too, it's not an either/or proposition. Expecting to get past the first weekend and doing things the right way is ok too. I agree with everything else, great post!

Couldn't resist? The cup half full, nothing is ever good enough mentality sure is rampant these days.

Zag79
03-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Sorry, watching these teams play and thinking we should be too has me cranky. :D

MDABE80
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Arizona can't win........they have small guards! er...wait...was that Gonzaga?
Nope it was ZONA..........gee and all along we hear our guards are just too small.
]Let's get Coleman working hard and practice like Rotnei. Nunez and Sam will be fine. Kelly comes back, we'll be strong again. Elias and Hart though....wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:(

zag67
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
I also
Agree with BZ

BULLDOG#1
03-29-2013, 07:22 AM
IF KO comes back, then the team should be top ten. The concern will be rebounds. From what I've heard and read, Coleman is a wing that can slash to the bucket. That was something missing from the team this year. It should be a spread you out team with good guard play and great outside shooting.

But KO won't be able to grab all the rebounds. Karno and Dower are big bodies, but below average rebounders (especially for their size). They don't get rebounds out of their 'space'.

If KO doesn't come back, then the zags will need a lot more from Karno and Dower. Still a top 20 team, tho. Pangos and Bell will be more showcased.

bballbeachbum
03-29-2013, 07:27 AM
That's all? ;)

:lmao: that felt good, thanks Lynette

Bogozags
03-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Since I cannot bear the thought of one more thread being started in this forum...I'll ask here - does anyone have a preliminary look at the '13 OOC schedule? Do we owe KSU a return game in Manhattan? How about OK State - is that series a wrap? I believe this was it for Illinois (that was not a pretty series for GU).

Any rumors on the BiS opponent or date?

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.

A friend from Kansas told me GU would be playing in a tournament (Wichita Wildcat Classic) sponsored by KSU on 21 December 2013 at the INTRUST Bank Arena, Wichita, KS.

TexasZagFan
03-29-2013, 08:38 AM
A friend from Kansas told me GU would be playing in a tournament (Wichita Wildcat Classic) sponsored by KSU on 21 December 2013 at the INTRUST Bank Arena, Wichita, KS.

There will be a contingent from DFW at that game. I'll have newer Zag gear by then...the "Top Dog" t-shirt is relegated to the spot in my closet next to my "You Can't Stop the Stache" t-shirt.

They're good for work-outs and walks on occasion, too.

Bogozags
03-29-2013, 10:57 AM
There will be a contingent from DFW at that game. I'll have newer Zag gear by then...the "Top Dog" t-shirt is relegated to the spot in my closet next to my "You Can't Stop the Stache" t-shirt.

They're good for work-outs and walks on occasion, too.

Hopefully, my schedule will allow me to go as well and if so, look forward to meeting you!