Zag for Life
    • Dec 2009

Giacoletti favorite for drake job

Per SSF and Jeff goodman

Cruddy
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Good place. He might take this one. Midwest guy. Nice place to live and it's in the Missouri Valley Conference. MVC will suffer plenty with Creighton gone but it'll be a solid conference. Ray's a solid character and I'd hate to see him go.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
      • Mar 2008

Agree Doc.....MVC is ripe for the picking with Creightons departure and building a program could lead to long term success
      The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

There might be an opening for Ben Howland. Good news.
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• webspinnre
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Good for Ray, not so good for us.
          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

I'll bet Ray goes. Just a feeling.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2008

Drake will get a good catch if he goes there.
              "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Unfortunately, I don't think this job is all that great. Creighton departing the MVC is going to hurt their status as a league. But RayG wants to be a head coach again, and these are the kinds of jobs that are being offered to him. Personally, I think he deserves better. Perhaps he could use Drake as a stepping stone.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Congrats to Ray. Change is good, for everyone. I hope he gets the job. Wasn't he the defence coach?
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• VinnyZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I know there's a lot of sentiment to bring in an "elite-level" assistant if Giac or Daniels leaves. But what about the grad assistants, both of whom are Zags? At some point, doesn't one of them deserve to get a full-time gig?

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2008

Surely the Zags will open applications to members of the GUB.
                      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Hire Hart

Comment

• Zag 77
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Tornados, Humidity & Pig Poop

Going to the state with the highest amount of pig manure exports sounds like a winner to me !!

Seriously though, Ray G would likely be taking a pay cut to go there. And this is on top of losing his shorts to the pyramid schemer who committed suicide a few years ago. Whatever millions he got from the Utah job is long gone.

Maybe he figures he needs to have some success as a head coach again before he can get a better paying high profile job.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                            Congrats to Ray. Change is good, for everyone. I hope he gets the job. Wasn't he the defence coach?
                            I want all Zags to succeed, but I actually don't want him to go anywhere. If we lose Daniels and Giacoletti both at once, that will hurt more than the 2nd round loss.

If we use the logic of some doomsayers, the loss will be so damaging that recruits will not choose GU. Then why do schools want our staff that orchestrated such a bad loss?

Our program improved a lot this year. We got 4-5 more wins than normal, a #1 ranking and a #1 seed. In fact we did so well, we might just lose our staff because we did so well.
                            “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Fwiw, Drake is located in a terrible area of Des Moines. Home of the famed Drake Relays, last time I was there barbed wire surrounded the stadium.

Comment

Working...
                              X