PDA

View Full Version : The Fact of the Matter

howdydoody
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
All comments have been thrown in the wash: just defend the threes, the WCC is problem, seeding, ranking (justified or not), uniforms the reason a loss here and there, coaching, etc. etc.

The fact is stuff happens; the Sat. game plan was good. Zags were patient/turning down shots for better ones, played up-tempo, tried to play a tight man defense, G. Bell going out had a definite impact on defense, an out of bounds issue, played a team and that was "on" on Sat., had good shots and not all drop in timely moments, but you could see that winning was the objective of the entire bench. They gave it their best.
The fact of the matter is, the 2012-13 Zags gave everything they had and although they/we hoped for a better result, this was an exceptional group and
leaving the tournament early in no way diminishes that!

TheGonzagaFactor
03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
That team shouldn't have been within 20 of us. That game was bad.

They were fun to watch when they were playing teams that didn't make it past the round of 64. We were undefeated against teams that lost in or before the round of 64 and 0-3 against teams that made the round of 32. This group was fun to watch but all the hype and camera crews following them just made me sick. Honestly. Who did Few think he was?

I couldn't imagine opening the team up to the media like that when I haven't made it past the S16 in my career.

Hogan
03-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks Howdy. I agree. The loss tore your heart out but I would guess WSU played an A game and we played a B game. Maybe we would win 7 or 8 out of 10, but they were really on Saturday.