PDA

View Full Version : wiltjer?????

jazzdelmar
03-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Where does KW fit in here?

Could UK have nine pros next season?

On Wednesday, ESPN recruiting guru Dave Telep called Kentucky's 2013 recruiting class the greatest ever. Better even than Michigan's "Fab Five" in 1991.

Telep is the expert in recruiting classes, not me. I'm interested in NBA draft classes, and here's the question I've been asking NBA scouts: "Is Kentucky poised to have the greatest draft class of any school in the history of the NBA draft next June?"

I believe it is.

Julius Randle's announcement on Wednesday that he was committing to Kentucky gave the Wildcats the Nos. 3, 5, 6, 7, 11 and 18 players in the ESPN 100. Randle, a power forward, is joined by point guard Andrew Harrison, shooting guard Aaron Harrison, small forward James Young, center Dakari Johnson and power forward Marcus Lee.

If Kentucky somehow lands Andrew Wiggins, the No. 1 player on ESPN's 100, it won't even be close.

ZagLawGrad
03-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Had to take a nap half way through that post. What's the bottom line point?

CDC84
03-25-2013, 09:54 AM
He doesn't fit, which is why I think a transfer to some other school is inevitable.

cjm720
03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Can't this topic just go away until there's a sliver of real information about KW? WE WEREN'T IN HIS TOP 5 BEFORE HE CHOSE KENTUCKY.

ZagZombie
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Give us Malik Pope!

Mr Vulture
03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Can't this topic just go away until there's a sliver of real information about KW? WE WEREN'T IN HIS TOP 5 BEFORE HE CHOSE KENTUCKY.

What does being in his Top 5 before he committed to Kentucky have to do with him choosing the Zags now, if there even is any mutual interest? I am pretty sure that Barham, Nunez, and Coleman didn't have us in their Top 5 coming out of high school either but they all transferred here.

spudzag
03-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Give us Malik Pope!

+1

cjm720
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
What does being in his Top 5 before he committed to Kentucky have to do with him choosing the Zags now, if there even is any mutual interest? I am pretty sure that Barham, Nunez, and Coleman didn't have us in their Top 5 coming out of high school either but they all transferred here.

You have a point.

BUT every couple months a similar post comes up. He's a Kentucky student-athlete. Period.

If he choses to transfer and considers us a destination, then these discussions become much more valid. BUT, to my original point, I wouldn't hold my breath because we weren't in his top 5 to begin with so....connect the dots.

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Give us Malik Pope!

Boom. Make is so, Mark Few.

Norcalzag
03-25-2013, 09:03 PM
I have no idea whether Wiltjer is going to transfer or whether he'd decide on GU if he does or if Few would even want him here. But I did find it kind of intriguing that one of the university's social media pros posted the Wiltjer-to-Gonzaga rumor on Facebook over the weekend.

UKWildcatsFan
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I think already Kentucky has the top recruiting class ever lined up for next year. Andrew Wiggins would just make it even more ridiculous.

Hoopaholic
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM
in theory they had one of the best recruiting classes last year...how did that work out this year in regards to success on the court? UCLA had the second best recruiting class last year...how did that work out in regards to success on the court????

ZagLawGrad
03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
in theory they had one of the best recruiting classes last year...how did that work out this year in regards to success on the court? UCLA had the second best recruiting class last year...how did that work out in regards to success on the court????

Pretty clear that keeping players around is important, i.e. Kentucky 2012 v. 2013.

Mr Vulture
03-26-2013, 09:53 AM

The difference between this years and last years class is simple. This years class, overall, has much more talent than last year. Currently they have the #1 PG, SG, and PF in the country committed along with Top 5 guys at the SF and C positions. If they were to get Wiggins as well, who is the #1 overall guy, they will be ridiculous. Possibly the best group ever at any school. Their class last year was athletic but none were really what I would call "skilled" players, particularly at the offensive end. The group above are all legitimate scorers and studs at their positions with a much higher level of basketball IQ.

Hoopaholic
03-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I understand and know what they individually bring to the table, but that can also lead to issues on and off the court and can lead to team issues that does not necessarily transfer over into instant wins and national championships