• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

OT - A Classy Display Of First Class Sportsmanship

This is for all those coaches who can't stand doing postgame handshakes and for Mississippi's Marshall Henderson:

As Florida Gulf Coast players danced around the court Sunday night celebrating becoming the first No. 15 seed ever to reach the Sweet 16, San Diego State star Jamaal Franklin made a point to seek out the Eagles' best player. … Continue reading →

This really speaks volumes about the character of these kids....especially Franklin, who trust me, is hurting after this loss. He is an intense competitor. Make sure to watch the video.
  • zagfan24
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

Wow. Thanks for sharing, CDC. Winning with class can be hard, losing with class is even harder . Props to Franklin for doing just that.

Comment

• gmo
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Feb 2007

Awesome. THIS is what sports are all about to me. I was raised to compete to my fullest and to the end, but win or lose handle yourself with class. Clearly this young man was raised the same way.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Franklin runs hot and cold with most SDSU fans. Too often he showboats and it hurts the team. This seems sincere, good for him, but the majority of SDSU fans won't shed tears if he enters the draft. Still, a good kid and he's no Shabazz Muhammed at any age.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

I normally don't like players who showboat, but when a guy is leading your team in something like 6 statistical categories - including some that clearly demonstrate his work ethic and team first attitude - you'd think the SDSU fans would give him some slack for some of his crazy dunk attempts.

Comment

• Zageist
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2009

that's cool
            This is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules!

Comment

Working...
            X