PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to help me do a "Howland to Gonzaga" Kickstarter?

lothar98zag
03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
...as an assistant under Few, of course. Also, it goes without saying that it's only if a current assistant leaves...

I'll freely admit that he's always rubbed me the wrong way watching him coach, but I can't deny he knows how to coach. Few's Off & Howland's Deff - can you imagine?!

Who's with me? :cheers:

UberZagFan
03-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Uber's in!!!!

Oregonzagnut
03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
I don't want to see Daniels go, so if he didn't, I would love to see Howland and Daniels try to get along as assistants to Few. If Few could pull that off, a Final Four should be no problem.

MDABE80
03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
OZAG...I'm reading Donny is a frontrunner for a head coach in Stockton. I'd like a defensive minded genius to make it work here at GU. We 've done much better on D the past few years. I think someone is responsible for that.

I suspect Ben would make a huge contribution but I suspect he'll be very busy on the pending charges. Plus...with the disaster he's been through, he can make as much money or more as a brain for ESPN. Never know, he might just sit for a year. The stresses of that UCLA would make anyone's brain go on tilt. I mean seriously he won the Pac 12 with 2 frosh one of which missed the first several games ( you know...the ALLSTAR)........he did well enough but this new thing is awful. I'd take a long vacation...... I hope Bazz's Dad is banned forever and sees some criminal penalites.

Booster
03-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Keep in mind Howland got his start at GU as a grad assistant back in the early 80's.

mihalevich
03-25-2013, 07:35 AM
get serious...u really think he's would take asst coach job at GU after being head
coach for 20 plus yrs? USC should hire him

BoltZag
03-25-2013, 07:40 AM
...a Final Four should be no problem.

Well, let's don't get crazy now...

NEC26
03-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Howland likes total control for one so I don't see him coming over here as an assistant plus his style of play is completely the opposite of Few and staff as well. I don't see any way it would work for Howland to come here as an assistant and quite frankly that is fine with me.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-25-2013, 08:11 AM
His personality would be toxic to the family atmosphere Coach Few has created.

Hoopaholic
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
No thank you.....ethical issues, integrity issues, style of play issues, atmosphere he fosters.......not a good fit in my book

gamagin
03-25-2013, 11:35 AM
No thank you.....ethical issues, integrity issues, style of play issues, atmosphere he fosters.......not a good fit in my book

maybe he just needs some time to develop his conscience . . .

Hoopaholic
03-25-2013, 12:50 PM
haaaaa.....classic

cjm720
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
OZAG...I'm reading Donny is a frontrunner for a head coach in Stockton. I'd like a defensive minded genius to make it work here at GU. We 've done much better on D the past few years. I think someone is responsible for that.

I suspect Ben would make a huge contribution but I suspect he'll be very busy on the pending charges. Plus...with the disaster he's been through, he can make as much money or more as a brain for ESPN. Never know, he might just sit for a year. The stresses of that UCLA would make anyone's brain go on tilt. I mean seriously he won the Pac 12 with 2 frosh one of which missed the first several games ( you know...the ALLSTAR)........he did well enough but this new thing is awful. I'd take a long vacation...... I hope Bazz's Dad is banned forever and sees some criminal penalites.

What's the new thing?

siliconzag
03-25-2013, 01:22 PM
during the Presidential campaign of 2008 in which he was asked if he would consider being on the same ticket with Hillary Clinton. His response (that came with a risus sardonicus) was, "in what order?" I think that might conceivably be Howland's question as well.

Sili

Zag 77
03-25-2013, 02:04 PM
If Howland were to show up here I think the NCAA Investigators would set up an office on Hamilton Street near the MAC.

Zag79
03-25-2013, 03:36 PM
This would fix everything. Love it.

BobZag
03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
lol.