PDA

View Full Version : After 14 years our program is still on the upswing

Spike94
03-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Ok, this may be me just rationalizing last night and trying to get me through to October, but humor me. We have always been the cinderella, the hunter, snubbed, or just not treated right. The little guy so to speak. This is the first time that we have actually been treated elite on a national stage like this. This is not to say we aren't elite, just not treated as such. With that comes a ton of pressure. We have several designs of #1 T Shirts for crying out loud. I don't think Duke or Indiana had those made up. Anyway, we felt that pressure. But, we will be back stronger, better prepared. Great season Zags. I am very proud of you.

Saxon_zag
03-24-2013, 11:16 AM
We aren't elite.

I never did get one of those #1 shirts. Figured it was kind of a bad omen / lame to brag about being #1 in a poll when you can't show it on the court when it counts.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2013, 11:29 AM
I purchased one and plan to displayit proudly. It was a first for the university I have been associated with my entire life, it represents improvement, it represents good things happen to good clean programs, it represents that we are a solid program, it represents all the good that past administrators, coaches and players have worked for over 60 or more years......

Was it sad to lose...sure but does that take away from all that has been achieved to date? Not in my book...maybe in others but generally those have not invested in the growth and development of something and in my opinion is one of the fundamental societal issues we are facing....wanting right here right now without putting time, energy, dedication, reflection and devotion to achieve a particular goal and when a goal is not achieved many simply throw up their hands in disgust and walk away instead of evaluating, improving and reestablishing. The goals

Zag program epitomizes all that is good and is a shining light within college sports with a blueprint for on going success and improvement

Ezag
03-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Maybe after 15 tourney runs this is the best it gets. Though Few hates the term mid-major, that is exactly what we are. We are in the upper middle of the pack but not elite. Our expectations are not in line with our reality. We don't get McDonald All-Americans, we don't play in a Power Conference. We may have a good run now and again but that is about all we should expect.

Vanzagger
03-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I dont look at seed. I look at being a preseason top 20,give or take a little, the last several years. We should have had a break through a long time ago.

Hopefully still on the upswing.