PDA

View Full Version : For those needing perspective

zagfan24
03-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Many, myself included, have a miserable feeling about last night. This was tougher than UCLA in some ways for me, simply because of the way GU's #1 seed and #1 ranking put them in the spotlight -- only to exit during the first weekend amidst cheers and jeers from the doubters.

So, thought I'd share the following:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/260197_640859186173_3464348_n.jpg

This is Kasibante Gonzaga, a child my wife and I sponsor through the Embrace it Africa program which is co-run by a good friend of mine (given his name, it was an easy choice for us out of the many wonderful children there.) He attends an orphanage school in Uganda where all of the little things we take for granted are in short supply. I won't share the details of his life, suffice to say it reminds me that the Zags losing in the second round is not worth getting to down about.

We have a lot to be grateful for this season - it was a pleasure to watch such an outstanding group of young men play so well and handle themselves with such class. College basketball provides me with a great release from real world problems, but conversely, those realities remind me that it is ultimately a game and nothing more. Go Zags.

77Zag
03-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Thanks

Spike94
03-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Thank you.

Hoopaholic
03-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Thank you

Zagdawg
03-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Thank you for bringing us back to Earth.

The inlaws are coming back from Rwanda (where they are missionaries) in 2 weeks to spend some time with us while my wifes father has both of his knees replaced.

Perspective...its a good thing.

thespywhozaggedme
03-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Many, myself included, have a miserable feeling about last night. This was tougher than UCLA in some ways for me, simply because of the way GU's #1 seed and #1 ranking put them in the spotlight -- only to exit during the first weekend amidst cheers and jeers from the doubters.

So, thought I'd share the following:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/260197_640859186173_3464348_n.jpg

This is Kasibante Gonzaga, a child my wife and I sponsor through the Embrace it Africa program which is co-run by a good friend of mine (given his name, it was an easy choice for us out of the many wonderful children there.) He attends an orphanage school in Uganda where all of the little things we take for granted are in short supply. I won't share the details of his life, suffice to say it reminds me that the Zags losing in the second round is not worth getting to down about.

We have a lot to be grateful for this season - it was a pleasure to watch such an outstanding group of young men play so well and handle themselves with such class. College basketball provides me with a great release from real world problems, but conversely, those realities remind me that it is ultimately a game and nothing more. Go Zags.

Awesome. Our church has the kids church sponsor orphans and my 5 year old daughter prays for an Indian orphan girl "Amelia". It does put things in perspective. Thanks

B LAKE ZAG
03-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Oh wow thank you god bless him

Zag 77
03-24-2013, 02:23 PM
It just takes a little bit of reflection after the disappointment to realize that basketball is not life and death. Probably half of the world's population deals with life and death every day. We love our team and take a lot of joy and pride in them, and we suffer when they lose, but our lives will not significantly change today despite what happened yesterday. Our players are good young men who will go on to have good lives regardless.

Try to go out and do something good for somebody in need during Holy Week.

Zag 77
03-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Bump this up.

Zagcity
03-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Bump ;)