PDA

View Full Version : Double-Bonus

Goshzagit
03-23-2013, 07:20 PM
with 10 mins to play.

Wich St wasn't even in bonus yet...

What do the Zags do?

Go small in the backcourt and start launching shots from 10,15,20 feet away on every possession.

Wouldn't you attempt to draw a foul on every play down the floor, whether you miss or not?

Heck, even put in a Karnowski, or go BIG, or change up the flow to draw fouls. Its not like Elias was doing anything. Yes? No?

We took a lot of crazy shots down the stretch and gave up just as many. Either way, can't believe we didn't try to draw more fouls once we hit double-bonus, were we not aware?

The Zags will most likely never have this type of opportunity laid out for them again -- what could have been...

jimmy b
03-23-2013, 07:27 PM
with 10 mins to play.

What do the Zags do?

Go small in the backcourt and start launching shots from 10,15,20 feet away on every possession.

Wouldn't you attempt to draw a foul on every play down the floor, whether you miss or not?

Heck, even put in a Karnowski, or go BIG, or change up the flow to draw fouls. Its not like Elias was doing anything. Yes? No?

We took a lot of crazy shots down the stretch and gave up just as many. Either way, can't believe we didn't try to draw more fouls once we hit double-bonus, were we not aware?

The Zags will most likely never have this type of opportunity laid out for them again -- what could have been...

can't disagree....I'm sick.

TM27
03-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Gonzaga stopped attacking around the 8 min mark. So strange but doesn't this feel familiar? I feel terrible that KO (who couldn't be stopped) went out like this.

Goshzagit
03-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Gonzaga stopped attacking around the 8 min mark. So strange but doesn't this feel familiar? I feel terrible that KO (who couldn't be stopped) went out like this.

Agreed. Kelly would have been the star of the Tourney, if we could have survived and advanced.

spike_jr
UCLA 2.0. Stop doing what got you the lead. Take the air out of the ball and worry more about burning clock than running your offense and scoring.

Oregonzagnut
with 10 mins to play.

What do the Zags do?

Yep. The staff has to figure out how to get our team focussed for the post-season. We seemed flat and sluggish and Few seemed to not want to keep going inside. We played the same game we did against Southern, outside the paint and settling for three pointers. Kelly should have had 30 points each game.

Few is stubborn and 99% of the time his stubbornness helps us. But the Tournament is a different animal than the regular season.

LongIslandZagFan
03-23-2013, 07:33 PM
They stopped attacking the rim because they stopped getting the calls.

cscz28
03-23-2013, 07:34 PM
They stopped attacking the rim because they stopped getting the calls.

Harris and Olynyk were mauled every time they got the ball down low and the refs got tired of calling it.

gmo
03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
UCLA 2.0. Stop doing what got you the lead. Take the air out of the ball and worry more about burning clock than running your offense and scoring.

completely agree.. I was yelling at the TV when there was like 4 or 5 minutes left and the guards were just dribbling at the top of the key (unguarded) waiting until the shot clock got down to 8-9. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Oregonzagnut
03-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Harris and Olynyk were mauled every time they got the ball down low and the refs got tired of calling it.

Still gotta not let the refs control it. Keep playing our strengths. Never budge. Keep pounding it inside.

That being said, WSU hit all the 3s and stole our momentum. They got hot shooting we did not.

Kelly and Elias went 10-30!

33%.

GZag
03-23-2013, 07:43 PM
It isnt the outside shots at the end. It was the beginning when they should have showed domanance. Being in a weak conference dies not prepare you for March.

zagamatic
03-23-2013, 07:57 PM
with 10 mins to play.

What do the Zags do?

I've brought up this very thing a couple of times this season. You just have to take advantage of things like opposing teams fouls, etc. It makes me sick when we go away from an obvious strength