PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Shockers

MickMick
03-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Now go win the damn thing.

mendiant
03-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Well they should at least go to the elite 8.

Akzag
03-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Tough fought game ...

WSU leads big early, and after our comeback, never gave up.

jazzdelmar
03-23-2013, 07:22 PM
amen. its wide open to E8

sylean
03-23-2013, 07:26 PM
absolutely congratulations....did so many things right and didn't panic when we were up a few.....

Hoopaholic
03-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Shot the ball extremely well and stepped up to the line hitting free throws...congrats and best of luck

mee755
03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
It's those stinky pinky fingers that helped.

MJ777
03-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah congrats on some dead-eye shooting.

zagapotomus
03-23-2013, 07:38 PM
No, no no no no no. I know this scenario. Next game, they're back to their Pitt-playing selves, and they lose. That's the worst part.

g-ride
03-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Sorry but F the shockers

GrizZAG
03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
When they counted no less. Other than some confusion whether they were playing football or basketball, we can't argue with their defense nor absolutely shooting lights out from the 3 in the stretch.

Someone help me understand what that call was on the inbound when we got whistled and turned it over. That was very bad timing whatever it was.

CdAZagFan
03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
No, no no no no no. I know this scenario. Next game, they're back to their Pitt-playing selves, and they lose. That's the worst part.

+1. I think they go back to shooting 2 of 17 from 3 and lose...

gamagin
03-23-2013, 07:46 PM
sense after the game. He said every team in the country knows GU. They know the story. They know the style. They know the names of the players. They waited all year for this chance. They went for it. Every waking moment.

Those 6-7 treys from 2-3 different guys, in a row at the end, were like out of some movie. Just stunning. A nightmare all by themselves. History in the making for WSU. ANd the kid that did the most damage was a redshirt freshman.

incredible.

We took their strength (off rebounding) almost completely away. ANd they took EH almost completely out of the game. tit for tat, just about all the way, except for those treys.

Helluva game. No real shame. They even summoned the will among their very green, seldom shooting, free throw shooters to make their shots.

Hell they did everything they could do and they won it. Hats off.

I think I'll take this away and stow the rest. We did not adjust to being ranked this high. We play better as underdogs. We weren't as good as advertised. I think we could have been but we could not get to that level that just turns killer, sinks its teeth into the other team, and never lets go.

That element is missing. Still.

Hoopaholic
03-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Griz zag....Harris inbounded the ball to Stockton. Stockton received ball in the playing court. He then took two steps carrying t,he ball out of bounds..could have been called travel or out of bounds

MJ777
03-23-2013, 07:50 PM
sense after the game. He said every team in the country knows GU. They know the story. They know the style. They know the names of the players. They waited all year for this chance. They went for it. Every waking moment.

Those 6-7 treys from 2-3 different guys, in a row at the end, were like out of some movie. Just stunning. A nightmare all by themselves. History in the making for WSU. ANd the kid that did the most damage was a redshirt freshman.

incredible.

We took their strength (off rebounding) almost completely away. ANd they took EH almost completely out of the game. tit for tat, just about all the way, except for those treys.

Helluva game. No real shame. They even summoned the will among their very green, seldom shooting, free throw shooters to make their shots.

Hell they did everything they could do and they won it. Hats off.

I think I'll take this away and stow the rest. We did not adjust to being ranked this high. We play better as underdogs. We werenb't as good as advertised. I think we could have been but we could not get to that level that just turns killer, sinks its teeth into the other team, and never lets go.

That element is missing. Still.

Great post gamagin.