PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping to see tonight against Wichita St

Reborn
03-23-2013, 08:07 AM
For me it the best defense we have played all year. Thursday we did not play the kind of defense that this Zag team knows how to play. I think people will be surprised by how good their defense is.

Some "talking heads" are comparing Wichita St to Butler. I'm sure they're as tough as Butler, but I do not see the same kind of 3 pt shooting that Butler has. However, I like the comparison anyway because the Zags should have beaten Butler in their home arena. Today we are playing much closer to home. Also Wichita St DID NOT play the kind of out of conference schedule that Butler (or even Gonzaga) played. They have not played a ranked team all year.

I'm hoping to see lots of happy faces on our Zags, with lots of chest bumping, high leaping hip smacks, and a team that knows how to dance. I want to see tapping the hearts of his players as they come out of the game in the last minutes, expressing the kind of love and admiration he has for his team.

I'm hoping to see an arena packed with Zag and Arizona fans, rooting for each other. West Coast fans need to stick together now to show the country that we can play great basketball out West. Both GU and Arizona fans like to wear red so let's see lots of read. And I'm hoping to see all the Utah fans beginning to cheer for both Arizona and Gonzaga....for the same reason. This is a great chance for basketball out west to shine. I would love it that the #1and 2 seeds in SLC go on to Los Angeles.

Want to see Kelly and Elias shine today, and Gary and Kevin knocking down some shots.

Go Zags!!!

NEC26
03-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Continued high level play from our guards. Kelly was and has been awesome but if Pangos and Bell are hitting shots and making good decisions this team is unbeatable.

zagfan24
03-23-2013, 08:19 AM
1) I would like to see Gary Bell Jr. play a very aggressive game offensively. Take the ball to the bucket. Draw some fouls.

2) Big guys avoid foul trouble. Stay straight up and take a charge or two.

3) Rebound.

4) Don't turn the ball over.

5) High Low offensive game...let's make them stop our All-American.

Zag365
03-23-2013, 08:28 AM
1) I would like to see Gary Bell Jr. play a very aggressive game offensively. Take the ball to the bucket. Draw some fouls.

3) Rebound.

+1 My thoughts exactly. We know that WSU is going to foul. We know they are going to drive to invite fouls. We know they are going to push, pull, grab, block, etc. to create steals and turnovers. We can't get overamped or frustrated and get in foul-trouble ourselves or expect the refs to call every foul that WSU commits. We have to keep sawing wood as Few likes to say.

DixieZag
03-23-2013, 08:35 AM
I want to take them out of their comfort zone. They like to push, shove, go up and get it? Fine, lets RUN!

Press them. Use our depth. High pressue, trapping D.

Give Kevin and Gary (especially Gary) the green light to shoot 3s, play up tempo. Gary needs to be told he is expected to be a an offensive force (he sets aside his offensive aggressiveness too much).

I like this b/c I think we played tight on Thurs and will likely come out tight again. So, run run run, shoot shoot shoot and defend better than they have all year.

Zag4Hire
03-23-2013, 08:37 AM
For every game here on out: A win and no injuries.

lothar98zag
03-23-2013, 10:05 AM
This.

I'm not picky.

(expect every minute they play the rest of the season to be a battle with the score constantly close)

bigblahla
03-23-2013, 10:34 AM
VICTORY!

Go!! Zags!!!

TheGonzagaFactor
03-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Personally, I want to see 2 things:

1. Defense. Make Wichita beat you with the contested 3 and deep 2s.

2. Good shooting. Defensive teams don't like to fall behind. Make some shots and break it open early.

MJ777
03-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Respect all, but fear none. Play hard and loose and have fun playing for and with your teammates. Leave it all on the floor today. Play like a Champion.

Reborn
03-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I am hoping to see Elias play a much better game. I think that he regressed into playing the way he did last year, and tried to go one on one at every opportunity. He was not patient, nor was he passing like he has been doing this year. I have been so impressed with his unselfishness this year, and I hope he goes back to that kind of game today. He also needs to play much much tougher. And I believe he will.

Go Zags!!!!

GeorgiaZagFan
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
high rebounds and low turnovers .....we play a solid game should win by 10 ....if they out hustle, out rebound, and force turnovers ...could be bad for the Zags

MJ777
03-23-2013, 10:53 AM
I am hoping to see Elias play a much better game. I think that he regressed into playing the way he did last year, and tried to go one on one at every opportunity. He was not patient, nor was he passing like he has been doing this year. I have been so impressed with his unselfishness this year, and I hope he goes back to that kind of game today. He also needs to play much much tougher. And I believe he will.

Go Zags!!!!

I'm confident we will see WCC tournament MVP EH today!

Go Gonzago!!!!

Oregonzagnut
03-23-2013, 10:58 AM
A solid win. By 10+.

We need to play our game, not our opponents game.

Defensive intensity.

Make our open shots and bunnies.

Play our game in transition but work the ball inside and do not hurry shots from behind the arc.

RenoZag
03-23-2013, 11:01 AM

This. Style points are icing on the cake. . .

Beat the Shockers !

HillBillyZag
03-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Just a WIN, with no INJURIES, and "SURVIVE & ADVANCE"! Go Gonzaga!!!

McZag
03-23-2013, 11:06 AM

3) Rebound.

Can't say it better. The guards taking care of the ball is the key to the game. We will wear them down in the second half like we have all year as long we don't beat ourselves with sloppy play.

Worthington
03-23-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm hoping to see lots of happy faces on our Zags, with lots of chest bumping, high leaping hip smacks, and a team that knows how to dance.

This. Scariest part of the last game is that it seemed like the expectations had gotten to us. Looked nervous and like they weren't having any fun out there.

RenoZag
03-23-2013, 11:09 AM
I looked nervous and wasn't having any fun in my living room. . .must have been contagious.

Marcus
03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
The thing I want to see most is confidence. Confidence to take the open shot. Confidence to take what the defence gives you. Confidence to impose their will on the game on offence and defence. Confidence to keep attacking even if you just got blocked/fouled at the rim. Confidence that you deserve to be here.

DixieZag
03-23-2013, 11:16 AM
The thing I want to see most is confidence. Confidence to take the open shot. Confidence to take what the defence gives you. Confidence to impose their will on the game on offence and defence. Confidence to keep attacking even if you just got blocked/fouled at the rim. Confidence that you deserve to be here.

If they have this ^^^ then everything everyone else has talked about will come.

GeorgiaZagFan
03-23-2013, 11:24 AM
...a few other things I'd like to see ..a well officiated game, Harris taking it to the basket under control and kicking it back out if it's not there...AND....maybe most of all....I want to see Mike Hart shoot the first wide open three he sees ....EVEN if it misses, but is close, it could change the defense in a positive way !!!! Even if he doesn't take another shot the entire game he needs to shoot that first one if left wide open...

Kiddwell
03-23-2013, 11:29 AM
What Kiddwell's expecting to see:
(1) Focus
(2) Energy
(3) Surviving, Advancing

:]

combatcorpsmangulaw
03-23-2013, 11:33 AM
I'd like to see Karnowski get some playing time. Also, I'd like to see KO, Harris, and Dower in together. Lots of substitutions to confuse Wichita State.

Hit several 3's too.

It's time to 'bring it to them' -- show what GU can really do.