PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball Experts HaHaHa

Ezag
03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
is there really such a thing? :roll:

combatcorpsmangulaw
03-22-2013, 12:03 PM
This Tournament is showing that the television 'pundits' are merely noise between commercials. I can't think of one self-anointed college basketball 'expert' that has any more of a clue than any interested basketball fan.

They are 'experts' in world-class 2nd guessing of what this team or that team did wrong EXCEPT when it comes to Duke, Kentucky, Syracuse, Kansas, Indiana. Those schools can do no wrong regardless of what happens during a particular game.

On the other hand, Gonzaga 'shouldn't be a number 1 seed', "Gonzaga has seen athletes like this in the WCC", and other less than gracious comments despite the fact that the Zags have won 32 games.

And, went they can't think of anything cogent to say, these 'experts' always fall back on "the WCC is such a weak conference that Gonzaga should win every year" or words to that effect.

Gottlieb has really taken the lead this Tournament as the knucklehead that can't think of anything positive to say about the Zags. My guess is his probation officer went to Gonzaga....

Go Zags!! (I'm glad that Pittsburgh and Wisconsin are gone from the West Region -- has to be a benefit to GU imo)

bartruff1
03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm no expert but I am not laughing at them, because I had the same picks. I should have made my bracket out on softer more absorbent paper.

Upsets are what the Madness is all about...

Zageist
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't fault those guys for not seeing an upset, I fault them for being so stupid about the quality of a team based upon some other team's performance in their conference. New Mexico was a fine team, just overrated.

teacher56
03-22-2013, 03:36 PM
is there really such a thing? :roll:

Opinions...everybodies got one. But I swear, alot of these talking heads are big-time basketball challenged!

Stupid is as stupid does!!!

Oregonzagnut
03-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Opinions...everybodies got one. But I swear, alot of these talking heads are big-time basketball challenged!

Stupid is as stupid does!!!

Commentators are like a box of chocolates.....a box you have had before, so you know what is inside. But it is better than no chocolates at all. The Barkley and Gottlieb ones are easy to spot due to their turd shape. My dog won't even eat the those ones.

JPtheBeasta
03-22-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm no expert but I am not laughing at them, because I had the same picks. I should have made my bracket out on softer more absorbent paper.

Upsets are what the Madness is all about...

Nice Bart :]

McZag
03-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I hope our guys have been able to find some peace this week. The pressure is on WS not Zagland.

Bulldogs are drivin' the bus just need to step on the gas.

Bulldog
03-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Georgetown just doesn't see athletes like Florida GF in their conference.:roll:

Arneson
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Who is the guy with dentures who keeps saying "Just wait until Gonzaga plays someone who isn't a mid-major?" He seems to dislike the Zags just as much as Gottlieb.

The guy on the left likes and defends the Zags, and was sick and tired of this "mid-major" label. I'm sure Georgetown would never lose to a mid major either...

krozman
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Before you throw all the experts under the bus, look at your own bracket. I COULD HAVE THROWN A DART and got better results for my own bracket! Just sayin.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Before you throw all the experts under the bus, look at your own bracket. I COULD HAVE THROWN A DART and got better results for my own bracket! Just sayin.

I built my bracket using expert advice. They told me that the Mountain West was a really good league.

Ezag
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM

Yes but I don't claim to be an expert nor get paid for it. I did pick Harvard but rest my brackets in rough shape lol

Mantua
03-22-2013, 09:58 PM

1. I never held myself out to be an expert bracketologist.

2. I always fill my bracket out with my emotions out of check because it's more fun.

3. I always lose the family pool.

4. Everyone knows its ridiculously hard to predict winners in the NCAA Tournament, especially this year.

5. I am perfectly capable of watching my own bracket go down in flames while relishing the demise of ESPN's brackets.