PDA

View Full Version : Elias needs to take and hit more outside shots

combatcorpsmangulaw
03-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Does it seem as though Elias has been relatively poor w/ his outside shots during the last portion of the season?

If Elias can make outside shots early in the game, that will be a great benefit to his inside game. Without the ability to make outside shots, he's forced to concentrate exclusively underneath which has been having mixed results lately.

Am I mis-stating or missing something in Elias' outside game?

Thank you in advance.

Go Zags!!!

former1dog
03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Does it seem as though Elias has been relatively poor w/ his outside shots during the last portion of the season?

If Elias can make outside shots early in the game, that will be a great benefit to his inside game. Without the ability to make outside shots, he's forced to concentrate exclusively underneath which has been having mixed results lately.

Am I mis-stating or missing something in Elias' outside game?

Thank you in advance.

Go Zags!!!

He's been in a bit of a jump shooting slump from outside the entire season. Seems the team has adapted.

We'll be fine.

hooter73
03-22-2013, 09:37 AM
It'd be nice for sure, because as you mention it sets the Defense tone early and lets him keep them off balance by going hard inside, but now is not the time to try and work out of a shooting slump. Play to your strengths when its on the line... so to speak.

Oregonzagnut
03-22-2013, 09:43 AM
As far as I see it, we have a frontcourt that needs to play to their strengths and a back court that needs to play to their strengths. Seriously, why tinker now?

Forcing things to try to expand our game should have been integrated during the reg season. Now we are what we are and we have to go FULL ON and play as hard as we can.

In other words, Kelly and Harris need to take their highest % shots down low and take open jumpers. Forcing anything is silly at this point because an open shot will always be an open shot. For anyone on the team.