PDA

View Full Version : Raw Krem 2 Press Conference Footage

JPtheBeasta
03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Few was very complementary to Southern, and our guys, of course. Although I don't want to steer the dialogue to much, but it was the most overt I have seen Few in discussing officiating after a game. One still has to read between the lines a bit, but it appears that Few was as befuddled by the referring as some of us here were. He makes comment about how physical the game was being called and makes note that it was one of the first halves that the Zags didn't make it into the bonus (a little after the 7:30 mark). He also talks about some of the problem GBJ had guarding the kick-out-the-leg 3-point attempt.

He also mentions that they dedicated all of their prep time to Southern and none of it to Wichita St/Pitt (which was interesting to me because of some of the earlier talk on the boards re: Izzo).

Edit: I suppose a link (http://www.krem.com/video/featured-videos/RAW-Gonzaga--199456041.html) to the actual footage would be nice...

There are plenty of other nuggets in there. What say you, Zags?

Blitzing-Zag
03-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Hearing that they have yet to prep for Wichita St. is concerning.

rennis
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM

Or it could just be a tactic. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hoopaholic
03-21-2013, 09:55 PM
We have one heck if a coach....deflecting, protecting and standing up for his players yet tactfully clearly stated we ran up against very physical game that was allowed....break tape down. Double walk thru tomorrow and exceptional game sat night. Go zags

JPtheBeasta
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
We have one heck if a coach....deflecting, protecting and standing up for his players yet tactfully clearly stated we ran up against very physical game that was allowed....break tape down. Double walk thru tomorrow and exceptional game sat night. Go zags

The way he stepped in to protect KO from putting his foot in his mouth or creating any chalkboard material was pretty legit.

Zageist
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM
awesome, thanks

Zag79
03-22-2013, 12:49 AM

+1!

scott257
03-22-2013, 04:12 AM
Take the time while at the link to watch the Southern post game interviews. We played a really good team and they deserve a lot of credit for how tough they played us. Their interviews were very good. I especially was impressed by how their coach complimented us and talked about how he holds our program up as an example to his players.

zagballer6
03-22-2013, 05:29 AM

Coaches will have done plenty of preparation already you can bet. But you have to keep the players focused on one game at a time.

bartruff1
03-22-2013, 06:01 AM
Or it could just be a tactic. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't hear the voices...what else are they telling you ??

sdzag
03-22-2013, 07:20 AM
What I really wanted to hear: we looked pass this team. We've been preparing for the next game all week. This team took us by surprise because we looked past them. Not sure who the chubby point guard kid is but good for him that he made a D1 team.

Unfortunately they said what needed to be said. Even if it was 100% scripted it still kept me in panic mode until Saturday after the final buzzer of the shockers. Gonzaga Basketball may kill me yet.