PDA

View Full Version : The crowd was pathetic. Bring it Saturday...

AzZag
03-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Empty seats, cheering for Southern, Zags fans not being heard...nothing like a sterile environment instead of a home court advantage.

Come on people. Do your part and help this team advance.
These kids and staff have worked too hard all year for you to just sit there and eat your pretzel.

Ask the ushers to move down closer to the court. Roll up the programs and make megaphones out of them.

If you are bringing your kids tell them it is ok this time to scream at the top of their lungs.

WE ARE.......GU

gbnyba17
03-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Thumbs up. Dont forget how fortunate you all are to be there. I would give ANYTHING...

GO ZAGS!!!

ZagLawGrad
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Empty seats, cheering for Southern, Zags fans not being heard...nothing like a sterile environment instead of a home court advantage.

These kids and staff have worked too hard all year for you to just sit there and eat your pretzel.

Ask the ushers to move down closer to the court. Roll up the programs and make megaphones out of them.

If you are bringing your kids tell them it is ok this time to scream at the top of their lungs.

WE ARE.......GU

Wasn't the case. Zag fans were vocal and out in force. They did their job.

However, there were a lot of Lobos fans, and Harvard and AZ fans there, and all jumped on the upset bandwagon. Can't do much about that except hope our guys play better.

zagirl2k
03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
I am sure there are a few New Mexico fans looking to unload some tickets for Saturday tonight!

CdAZagFan
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM

However, there were a lot of Lobos fans, and Harvard and AZ fans there, and all jumped on the upset bandwagon. Can't do much about that except hope our guys play better.

Thanks for the perspective - I was thinking the same thing as this topic. On TV it sounded like Gonzaga was playing at BYU - I was really disappointed. Hopefully Saturday we have the home court advantage!

Zageist
03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Can't fault folks cheering for the 16 over a 1. Absent the Zags, I would. Unless the 16 was UW.

thespywhozaggedme
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM

WE ARE.......GU

Anyone who wasn't a dedicated Zag fan became a Southern fan, as they should. Just like everyone became a Harvard fan. I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Zag@LMU
03-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Anyone who wasn't a dedicated Zag fan became a Southern fan, as they should. Just like everyone became a Harvard fan. I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Just as Zag fans did for USD against BYU and SMC

CDC84
03-21-2013, 10:32 PM
If the Zags come out like gangbusters against Wichita State, the crowd will get rocking. If they come out poorly, the same "let's pull for the underdog" sentiment will prevail throughout the arena.

MJ777
03-21-2013, 10:59 PM
But how was the Southern band?

rawkmandale
03-22-2013, 01:09 AM

Oh yeah! Please let us know.

Jakester425
03-22-2013, 05:34 AM

This. Saturday will be no different. If im a fan of Arizona or Harvard I want the Zags to lose, only helps their chances down the road.

Jakester425
03-22-2013, 05:40 AM
Oh yeah! Please let us know.

They were very good! In a whole different league compared to the other schools, including ours. It was some nice added entertainment, first time I actually looked forward to hearing a band play. There male cheerleaders were insanely athletic too.

adoptedzag
03-22-2013, 05:50 AM

I don't know about the band, but the Southern Cheerleaders looked very aesthetically pleasing on TV :D

Zagcity
03-22-2013, 06:16 AM

The irony of it all was the New Mexico fans started a "over rated" chant when our GU/Southern game was knotted at the end

Birddog
03-22-2013, 06:22 AM
I don't know about the band, but the Southern Cheerleaders looked very aesthetically pleasing on TV :D
Agreed, so much so that I Googled and You Tubed them. Their band is called "The Human Jukebox" and the Cheer squad is the "Dancing Dolls". If more posters spent time doing the same it would help us all stay clear of another Wiltjer or Gottlieb thread.

ZagLawGrad
03-22-2013, 07:09 AM
The Southern Band was superb. In a league of their own.

Jakester425
03-22-2013, 08:31 AM

They were even better live, when I first saw them dancing...

http://i.imgur.com/jgKpa.gif