PDA

View Full Version : Is this the scare we need for a deep run?

ZigZagSoCal
03-21-2013, 02:52 PM
I know many of us experienced a high level of palpation and anxiety but is it going to do us good? I surely hope so.

Good Job Boys!

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!

DoMieD
03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Wichita State is really good.. We better come to play, and come to play with our GO TO LINEUP.

Survive and Advance.

NotoriousZ
03-21-2013, 02:56 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking, especially since we will face Wichita St.

g-ride
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
abso-F'ing-luty. This win will light a spark under their butts.

We beat WSU by 10+

Zagsker
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Full disclosure: I was scared as hell with us getting the 1 seed because I kept thinking "this would be poetic justice that we would be the first team to lose to a 16 seed"...I have been dreading that game for the past couple weeks (when I personally thought we were a lock for a 1 seed)...I am happy to get this game out of the way...I think we come out on FIRE vs Wichita and get a cozy 12 point win and then move on to bigger and better things

Win and advance

billyberu
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
I hope you're right. Other then the win, there was nothing about that game that gives me any particular hope.

Zagsker
03-21-2013, 03:13 PM
I hope you're right. Other then the win, there was nothing about that game that gives me any particular hope.

I agree... but if we can keep the underlined going than who cares:D

Zagsker
03-21-2013, 03:17 PM
abso-F'ing-luty. This win will light a spark under their butts.

We beat WSU by 10+

agree....69-57 Bulldogs

Mantua
03-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Maybe it's good that we didn't play up to our potential today? We won, not playing our best, against a team who gave us a good game, but we still played well. I hope Harris and Barham can add a touch more energy to the next game. Wichita is a high energy team. Maybe they will wake us up.

Birddog
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
My end of game blood pressure was 157 over 87. Am I gonna die Abe?

U Zig, I Zag
03-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Gut feeling is that Southern was way under-seeded or we were way over-seeded. The final answer may ever come. Just keep winning. My tank is dry today. :)

Vanzagger
03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Needs to be scared because with that rotation we know Few isn't. No more kiddy.

Arneson
03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Dick Vitale predicts we will lose to Wichita State, not very surprising.

Anyone else think the officials were horrible or am I that bias? A foul on Bell guarding a 3 that was completely an act, a charge on Olynyk that was clearly a foul. Some others as well.

DoMieD
03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Also, I dunno if it was just me or what but we got SCREWED by the refs..

I mean this was the worst screwing in history IMO..

They wouldn't call a foul on Harris for nothing.. And then the traveling calls, a couple out of bounds calls, it was just terrible.

Hopefully the NCAA kicks that crew entirely the hell out of Utah before Saturdays game

bigblahla
03-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Gut feeling is that Southern was way under-seeded or we were way over-seeded. The final answer may ever come. Just keep winning. My tank is dry today. :)

All about match-ups and Southern was not a good match-up for us very athletic.

Southern played as good a game as they could and we struggled. Survive and advance.

Go!! Zags!!!

Bulldog
03-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Michigan could be the first real upset by SD State

Saxon_zag
03-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Hopefully Elias Harris is present on Saturday! Hey Elias, you need to embrace the pump fake. With his athleticism he could really get people off balance with it but it's always just his bull move where he puts his head down and does some wild take. Not going to fly in March

Virginia Zags Fan
03-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Hopefully Elias Harris is present on Saturday! Hey Elias, you need to embrace the pump fake. With his athleticism he could really get people off balance with it but it's always just his bull move where he puts his head down and does some wild take. Not going to fly in March

Actually he went hard to the rim a couple of times and looked to me like he was clearly fouled. It is hard to make a move inside if they are hangin on you. Or grabbing you around the waist. Just saying.

I think Elias will have a good game on Saturday.

Robzagnut
03-21-2013, 04:18 PM

Yes.

And I hope he uses that 5 foot shot off the glass rather than forcing it inside.

gamagin
03-21-2013, 04:22 PM
makes us linger . . . longer ..... I mean stronger.

Blitzing-Zag
03-21-2013, 04:27 PM
I would rather we come out and just play our best all the time. Hate that we always seem to need some type of motivation to get ourselves going. I mean Southern played a hack of a game, but they were a 16 seed for a reason. We have to play a lot better than we did today come Saturday. Any less than a deep run for us would be a major disappointment for me, but i assume many on here as well. Additionally it would just add more fuel to the doubters fire, kinda likw what today;s game did.

mgadfly
03-21-2013, 04:30 PM
My end of game blood pressure was 157 over 87. Am I gonna die Abe?

I'm not abe, but unlike the outcome of Saturday's game, I can predict with 100% certainty that you will die. Sorry to break the news to you.

RenoZag
03-21-2013, 04:39 PM
If we keep fouling three point shooters, I will be joining BD in the great beyond. . .

Saxon_zag
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
If we keep fouling three point shooters, I will be joining BD in the great beyond. . .

"fouling" three point shooters

Zageist
03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
survive and advance. Few said, "they don't give style points." That's true, just happy with the win.