-- TBS Announcer who has never watched a WCC game

Bulldog
03-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Gottlieb is such a tool!

GeorgiaZagFan
03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
"They just don't have athletes like that in the WCC"

-- TBS Announcer who has never watched a WCC game

as if Olynyk never had a shot blocked in the WCC ...Brandon Davies is better and more athletic than any Southern player ...and there are plenty of others as well

ZagsBaby
03-21-2013, 01:41 PM
as if Olynyk never had a shot blocked in the WCC ...Brandon Davies is better and more athletic than any Southern player ...and there are plenty of others as well

Name them then...

g-ride
03-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Goltlieb is the biggest Zags hater

Hoopaholic
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Ireland is far more athletic than any southern guard I saw on the court tonight

Mantua
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
WCC refs call more blocking fouls on our opponents. This game was just crazy making. I think the reffing even tarnished the good effort by Southern.

rijman
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm glad I wasn't playing a drinking game using terms about the 1 seed never losing in the first round, I would have been hammered. That was the worst part of listening to these announcers and hearing over and over that the WCC basically has no athletes. I didn't realize Southern was the only team we've played all season with athletes.

bartruff1
03-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Name them then...

I can't think of any.....I thought I heard Few agree courtside that we had not faced bigs like that.

Davies is athletic but a poor defender...he is always out of position and makes dumb fouls...

Mantua
03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I am so disappointed that SMC is going home. They came so close, so many shots not falling.

ldszagfan
03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
My least favorite quote of theirs:

Announcer: Southern is not playing intimidated.
Gottlieb: There's no reason to be.

This mad me so angry I almost threw something at the TV and thought about muting it for the rest of the game.

Saxon_zag
03-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Something is really weird with Gottlieb ever since selection sunday. He has turned into a troll.

Not sure if some zags caught him going through their credit cards or if he's really just that much of a major conference homer but gottlieb is pathetic

Birddog
03-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Something is really weird with Gottlieb ever since selection sunday. He has turned into a troll.

Not sure if some zags caught him going through their credit cards or if he's really just that much of a major conference homer but gottlieb is pathetic
Nope, he has always been that way. It's just that you're taking it more personally now. He was developing this same style when he was cutting his teeth on local OKC Sports Radio. He gets his talking points and stays with it. It's also part of the CBS Sports schtick. Have you heard their CBS Sports Minutes on the radio? They are always trying to be edgey and controversial.

Saxon_zag
03-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Nope, he has always been that way. It's just that you're taking it more personally now. He was developing this same style when he was cutting his teeth on local OKC Sports Radio. He gets his talking points and stays with it. It's also part of the CBS Sports schtick. Have you heard their CBS Sports Minutes on the radio? They are always trying to be edgey and controversial.

I have understood his style its just since they got the 1 seed he has been going out of the way to take jabs. Basically just trying to be contrary I guess

mihalevich
03-21-2013, 04:02 PM
My least favorite quote of theirs:

This mad me so angry I almost threw something at the TV and thought about muting it for the rest of the game.

why? seems like a sensible thing to believe if your Southern...lets not take things too personal....i hear those things said by announcers all the time when their is a big underdog

mendiant
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM
2 things the "no reason to be intimidated" comment and the "Hart never makes shots" ignorant tool.

other things...expected rustiness. They haven't played for 2 weeks. Finally got there legs (thankfully).

Saturday will be better.

Will we have to deal with Gottleib again?

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Doug Gottlieb makes Colin Cowherd seem well reasoned and even handed.

El Zag
03-21-2013, 04:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/top-seeded-gonzaga-escapes-scare-no-16-seed-225955982--ncaab.html

Spike94
03-21-2013, 08:08 PM
They have mentioned twice in the last five minutes, just how much pressure New Mexico is under. I guess there was just no pressure for the Zags. We are just overrated. What a joke.

Mantua
03-21-2013, 08:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/top-seeded-gonzaga-escapes-scare-no-16-seed-225955982--ncaab.html

Wow. Thanks Yahoo Sports' creepy Brad Evans and the bobble head blonde.

Remind me to avoid Yahoo sites for months to come.

CDC84
03-21-2013, 08:49 PM
If Gonzaga beats Wichita State, they'll put Gottlieb back in the studio. He won't be announcing sweet 16 games.

DixieZag
03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
I wonder if he has bought in to his "Gonzaga is the Notre Dame of BB" thing a little too closely.

We all know that he hates ND (why, I will never know, sounds like they allowed him to keep up the pretense that he wasn't expelled) and since he made the ND-GU link he just won't let it go, its just bizarre.

Then he calls the NM loss and does it with talking up the "pressure" on the Lobos, while not once mentioning the "pressure" on the Zags?????

demian
03-21-2013, 09:19 PM

I actually liked Gotlieb when he had his radio show on espn radio. I hate his guts on CBS Sports Radio. That feelking started way before he started his Gonzaga garbage. he is an idiot on his CBS show. He is obviously trying to be as rude, sarcastic, edgy, idiotic as he can be so he thinks he will be unique. I hate his new show on cbs sports radio. this is all coming from a guy who really enjoyed his espn radio show every day. Oh well, i like the criticism and hatred from the national media. I dont care, the only reason people would waste their energy being so negative about Gonzaga is because they have earned the right to be in a position to be criticized. people dont talk trash about teams or players or people that dont matter. This is part of the process of being relevant. Im cool with it

MJ777
03-21-2013, 09:25 PM
2 things the "no reason to be intimidated" comment and the "Hart never makes shots" ignorant tool.

other things...expected rustiness. They haven't played for 2 weeks. Finally got there legs (thankfully).

Saturday will be better.

Will we have to deal with Gottleib again?

Hart is a better shot than Doug G ever was.

Zageist
03-21-2013, 09:28 PM
I am glad, after listening to the talking heads, that I am not alone in being completely ignorant about college basketball. I'm prepping my resume tonight.