PDA

View Full Version : Harris/Dower

GUZagDenver
03-21-2013, 07:04 AM
I think Elias and Sam are the key to a deep run in this tournament. Every team we play is obviously going to be focusing in on Kelly, so Elias staying ultra aggressive and Sam knocking down some some shots will open everything up for Kelly and the guards. If Elias is in beast mode and Sam finds that smooth stroke he seems to save for big games, look out. This could create open shots for Pangos and Bell, and we might just burn that place down.

former1dog
03-21-2013, 07:19 AM
I think Elias and Sam are the key to a deep run in this tournament. Every team we play is obviously going to be focusing in on Kelly, so Elias staying ultra aggressive and Sam knocking down some some shots will open everything up for Kelly and the guards. If Elias is in beast mode and Sam finds that smooth stroke he seems to save for big games, look out. This could create open shots for Pangos and Bell, and we might just burn that place down.

Teams will focus on Olynyk to the exclusion of other players at their own peril. I have no doubt that Harris is as an effective low post scorer and off the dribble as we've had in the program. Its murder to let him go one on one.

Of course, everyone knows what a good scorer Dower is as well.

To top it off, if you focus too much on Olynyk he's a great passer and the ultimate team guy.

VaBeachZAG
03-21-2013, 07:24 AM
You better believe every opponent we meet will congest the paint more than rush hour at Time Square. Our outside shooters have got to hit baskets!

Zag365
03-21-2013, 07:59 AM

+1. This has been my take as well going into tourney. Also, given that the teams in West bracket that we are likely to face are teams that want to play very physical, control the boards, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if PK and GLE had a few minutes here and there to both reduce chances of starters getting in foul trouble and to beef up our rebounding if we are in danger of losing control in that regard.